The "let's not take this shyt so seriously" AEW news & fukkery thread

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Tony getting us ready for next week early.

tag match preview plus takeshyta and okada interacting, and lets see how well takeshyta and ospreay get along :patrice:

i sense there'll be some fukkery for sure

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Remember when AEW had arguably the best tag team division in the world?

Now the only thing consistently worse on AEW TV than the tag team division is anything involving Chris Jericho.

Maybe the Hurt Syndicate comes in and are able to swing their dikk around to improve the tag division like Mercedes did to improve the women's division.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
It's like FTR and Juice/White had that classic last year and then the division shut down for good. Makes no damn sense how it died a death like this.
It’s like TK is only capable of focusing on two of four divisions between men’s singles, women’s singles, tag, and trios. He’ll get two going well then the others go to shyt. Then when he decides to start repairing one (Women’s) he’ll just toss one to the side that was doing well (tag).

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
It’s like TK is only capable of focusing on two of four divisions between men’s singles, women’s singles, tag, and trios. He’ll get two going well then the others go to shyt. Then when he decides to start repairing one (Women’s) he’ll just toss one to the side that was doing well (tag).
Juice getting injured and then later on jay getting injured was the tell signs.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Juice getting injured and then later on jay getting injured was the tell signs.
They just haven't pushed nor established new teams in what seems like 2 years. Juice/White was their last attempt of creating a formidable tag team. The rest just been TV fodder and a repeat of FTR vs Bucks for 12 months.

There's no real rivalries, no showcase performances (last one was Juice/White) nor any real opportunity to make the division feel bigger. The Gunns should be a bigger deal by now, for example.

They have debuted new acts recently but it's all in the periphery and we haven't been given much of a reason to care about the division for a long ass time.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
They just haven't pushed nor established new teams in what seems like 2 years. Juice/White was their last attempt of creating a formidable tag team. The rest just been TV fodder and a repeat of FTR vs Bucks for 12 months.

There's no real rivalries, no showcase performances (last one was Juice/White) nor any real opportunity to make the division feel bigger. The Gunns should be a bigger deal by now, for example.

They have debuted new acts recently but it's all in the periphery and we haven't been given much of a reason to care about the division for a long ass time.

the company is just too in love with the concept of factions that if they trimmed those down and just had star-studded duos, they could have a badass tag division almost instantly.

the too many belts thing applies here too because if the only men's singles titles were the world title and the TNT title then stars being in the tag division wouldn't feel like anything close to a "demotion", especially if the tag belt is regularly in the semi-main event spot on PPVs. That could be one way to easily cycle main eventers out of the world title scene while still giving them something relevant to do.

As much as I hate Jericho and want him off TV entirely, I think i'd rather see him and Big Bill tagging than to see him have his own full group and wrestle endless singles feuds.

I know some people hate the concept of "makeshift" tag teams but I think stars teaming up to win the tag belts elevates them in prestige more than saying "Well Takeashyta and Hobbs aren't a REAL team, lets throw the Righteous out there instead"

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
the company is just too in love with the concept of factions that if they trimmed those down and just had star-studded duos, they could have a badass tag division almost instantly.

the too many belts thing applies here too because if the only men's singles titles were the world title and the TNT title then stars being in the tag division wouldn't feel like anything close to a "demotion", especially if the tag belt is regularly in the semi-main event spot on PPVs. That could be one way to easily cycle main eventers out of the world title scene while still giving them something relevant to do.

As much as I hate Jericho and want him off TV entirely, I think i'd rather see him and Big Bill tagging than to see him have his own full group and wrestle endless singles feuds.

I know some people hate the concept of "makeshift" tag teams but I think stars teaming up to win the tag belts elevates them in prestige more than saying "Well Takeashyta and Hobbs aren't a REAL team, lets throw the Righteous out there instead"
The trios titles also makes things tougher because they feel forced to book matches and mini feuds to wrestle for those belts. I could see a case to have them in ROH but AEW does not need them because all these factions end up interchanging title reigns and title challenges with the tag straps.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Maybe it's just me but i like the trios better than two man tag. The factions thing is cool but seems like the US fans don't like that. I like how NJPW has various factions.

Stars teaming up to create teams is great, such as Mox, Claudio, and Pac. They just gotta push the true tag teams and feature them more on Dynamite. Leave the singles folks for those titles or trios. BCC, HOB, Patriarchy, BBG, all have singles stars they can use as well as be a trio.

You can't push just Dax or Dante or Isiah Cassidy or any single tag team wrestler. That's why Montez Ford never got that push.

They got the teams to make the division better. They been showing it more on Collision tho. Outrunners been getting over. They just gotta improve the rest. I think once Bucks drop the belts things will improve. They holding the division back.

Tanahashi Coates

Superstar
Daps
https://www.reddit.com/r/AEWOfficial/s/TiGwIwGfcp

Current state of the AEW roster is wild

* Most decorated AEW world champion is running rampant with a gang of killers, laying waste to the roster and staff and declaring themselves revolutionaries while making cryptic warnings

* The women's world champion is a bona fide sociopath and has made the former champion have a full on mental breakdown (on top of another year-long mental breakdown), with the latter last seen walking aimlessly into London while maniacally laughing

* The EVPs are still the tag champions and throwing their weight around to help their buddies, one of which has gone full martyr complex, has charred his title belt and is driving cross country in a ramshackle post-apocalyptic bus

* The "Father of the Year" is still running around with the former dinosaur and mother-son duo he brainwashed and has a world title shot he can cash in at any time

* Another former world champion has been so consumed by revenge that he turned to arson and manslaughter, but it's not enough to sate him so he's looking for imaginary fights backstage

* The Dynamite Diamond Ring has been stolen and pawned off, while its multiple time winner, who was in a rapidly deteriorating mental state, has had his neck nearly broken twice in two weeks

* The current world champion is recovering from attempted murder with a plastic bag

* The former world champion is recovering from being drugged inside a steel cage and nearly murdered with a steel chair

* The world champion before him has been out of action for months after being assaulted with a forklift by the first AEW world champion

* Besides all of that, during the last couple of months, people have been assaulted with flamethrowers, light tubes, cinder blocks, stapler guns, there have been threats of immolation made to people who were tied up to a steel cage and immobilized in a coffin, and the company's billionaire owner has been assaulted in his own ring

Really feels like it's an unhinged era. I seriously would not want to be Christopher Daniels in kayfabe, how do you deal with all of this
:mjlol:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps

It's not a faction problem if you construct - and book - the factions properly, plus having the trios division screws things up as well. Like Bang Bang Gang is the perfect example of a 4-group faction that is constructed perfectly but executed poorly.

Jay White - singles star
Juice - midcard singles guy
The Gunns - tag team

Of course they screwed that all up, then Juice and Jay alternating injuries fukked it up as well.

Undisputed Era is another good, but failed, example

Adam Cole - singles star
Roderick Strong and Wardlow - midcard singles guys
Taven and Bennett - tag team

Adam Cole being injured killed the whole thing from the beginning, then Wardlow went back to being a lacky and just disappeared for reasons publicly unknown.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Maybe it's just me but i like the trios better than two man tag. The factions thing is cool but seems like the US fans don't like that. I like how NJPW has various factions.

Stars teaming up to create teams is great, such as Mox, Claudio, and Pac. They just gotta push the true tag teams and feature them more on Dynamite. Leave the singles folks for those titles or trios. BCC, HOB, Patriarchy, BBG, all have singles stars they can use as well as be a trio.

You can't push just Dax or Dante or Isiah Cassidy or any single tag team wrestler. That's why Montez Ford never got that push.

They got the teams to make the division better. They been showing it more on Collision tho. Outrunners been getting over. They just gotta improve the rest. I think once Bucks drop the belts things will improve. They holding the division back.
?

We’ve seen many of tag wrestlers break away and become big on their own after getting a singles push.

Booker T
Scott Steiner
Jeff
Matt
Edge
Christian

If you want to make the case of doing it while still a team then you got Kofi and Big E that just done it recently.