The "let's not take this shyt so seriously" AEW news & fukkery thread

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
sounds kinda crazy but wouldn't be a bad idea to have an elite vs top flight feud. help build up the top flight stable a bit :jbhmm:

not saying dante and darius should be the ones to win the tag team gauntlet but if they gonna keep the elite together, then top flight can be some decent adversaries for a feud later in the year.

I think it's time.

They've polished up a lot over the last year and adding Leila has completed the package. They wrestle in the way AEW loves, the crowd loves them... it's time to give them a proper feud so people can get behind them for more than just their skills.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I think it's time.

They've polished up a lot over the last year and adding Leila has completed the package. They wrestle in the way AEW loves, the crowd loves them... it's time to give them a proper feud so people can get behind them for more than just their skills.

If the lucha bros have left or will be, then I can see top flight taking the step up into that role as the featured high flyers team. of course its not the same since LB had the spanish community but I'm sure they can handle that anyways. plus there are 4 of them in the stable, so can mix things up when need be, tho it be usually the brothers with the other 2 as added wrestlers when needed. but getting them featured on more than just collision could be good for them.

think they may not be tag champs in 2024 but building them up now for 2025 is best.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Team Outrunners as next tag champs. Take advantage when their popularity is growing - as opposed to when it's at their peak and risking watching it decline AFTER winning gold - as it's not a gimmick that's likely going to have a lot of long-term miles in it (though to be fair I initially thought the same with Orange Cassidy). And they are selling a lot of merch right now, so fans are showing they are wanting to invest in them.

Sure, there isn't much momentum behind them as far as wins and losses go, but this gauntlet is the perfect match format to have someone like the Outrunners to jump to the front of the line. "Fluke" wins happen all the time in a one-and-done format. Then you can roll with the big UMBC over UVA type underdog story for the tag title match, and there's not a more tried and true story than a big underdog chasing and overcoming the odds.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Andrew Zarian brought up a good point for why FOX (rather that be FOX the broadcast network or just the Fox family of networks/apps) would still be interested in wrestling after he talked with advertising execs - they have an inventory of companies who wanted to advertise during wrestling. When you have that type of inventory, if something else is available at the right price that can fill that category, you try to get it to maintain that inventory.

Because the problem with Smackdown on Fox want it or the lack of advertising, it was the lack of being able to sell advertising at the price point to justify what they paid for Smackdown rights.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
The Blade looks like he has lost a ton of muscle mass due to this surgery. Looking thin as hell :picard:

I was wondering where The Blade had been. Back fusion surgery *usually* means the end of one's in-ring career, but maybe The Blade could eventually return to manage/second The Butcher. I liked their tag team & thought they were really underused.

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
I was wondering where The Blade had been. Back fusion surgery *usually* means the end of one's in-ring career, but maybe The Blade could eventually return to manage/second The Butcher. I liked their tag team & thought they were really underused.

It seemed to coincide so perfectly with The Bunny leaving that I assumed he'd followed her... "glad" feels like the wrong word. Hope he's good.

Butcher & Blade worked hard for that spot.

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
So is MLPW going to become the Canadian outpost of the Forbidden Door conglomeration?

US: AEW/ROH
Japan: NJPW
Mexico: CMLL (and still AAA?? :lupe:)
Canada: MLPW
UK: RevPro

It's turning into a hell of a big kayfabe universe.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
So is MLPW going to become the Canadian outpost of the Forbidden Door conglomeration?

US: AEW/ROH
Japan: NJPW
Mexico: CMLL (and still AAA?? :lupe:)
Canada: MLPW
UK: RevPro

It's turning into a hell of a big kayfabe universe.
I'd like to note that RevPro isn't an official partner of AEW. That's a directive from the boss. :troll: