The "let's not take this shyt so seriously" AEW news & fukkery thread

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
And as far as the makeshift tag team goes, I don't like it because it's so frequently done in a lazy manner. It's like they go "here's your tag team partner, go out and do this match."

Give them a real tag team name, not just their names or some stupid combination of their names, nicknames, or catch phrases. Like when Brian Cage and Gates of Agony started doing trios stuff, they just called them Cage of Agony. Come on man, that's some lazy bullshyt.

Get matching gear so you look like a team and not just two guys wearing their normal gear so it ends up looking like two guys who just showed up at the local gym to play a pickup basketball game

Learn how to work a hot tag and the double team spot on a tag

Develop some tag team offense along with unique, signature tag team moves

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
It's not a faction problem if you construct - and book - the factions properly, plus having the trios division screws things up as well. Like Bang Bang Gang is the perfect example of a 4-group faction that is constructed perfectly but executed poorly.

Jay White - singles star
Juice - midcard singles guy
The Gunns - tag team

Of course they screwed that all up, then Juice and Jay alternating injuries fukked it up as well.

Undisputed Era is another good, but failed, example

Adam Cole - singles star
Roderick Strong and Wardlow - midcard singles guys
Taven and Bennett - tag team

Adam Cole being injured killed the whole thing from the beginning, then Wardlow went back to being a lacky and just disappeared for reasons publicly unknown.

In both of the examples you gave there the tag team of the faction are the ones with the least star power by far, that's the problem. Those are the level of tag teams we saw in the match last night minus a couple.

if it was just Jay White & Juice as a duo or Adam Cole and Wardlow as a duo, there's a lot more to work with near the top of the card

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I just realized that Collision is being taped tonight and there's only ONE match advertised for it, and that's FTR vs. GYV. It's like they just said fukk it to selling tickets for this one. YOu don't have to advertise everything that's going to happen but Jesus you got to advertise more than just one thing.

Last edited:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
?

We’ve seen many of tag wrestlers break away and become big on their own after getting a singles push.

Booker T
Scott Steiner
Jeff
Matt
Edge
Christian

If you want to make the case of doing it while still a team then you got Kofi and Big E that just done it recently.

I see your point but the ones listed were all done over ten years ago and all of them had lots of tag team success from years prior.

Kofi and Big E were singles stars that joined together.

They could break apart tag teams but most of them aren't big names or have had long term success except for FTR and the bucks and they mostly just been big to the indie fans and not the mainstream viewers. So why break up teams when they can just build them up?

Don't know which of their tag teams can there be a case made of one star being bigger than the other. And unless an injury happens to one, the other isn't always shown. Plenty of instances where one partner gets hurt and the other is taken off tv since they not good enough by themselves.

That group lacks individual star power. Nobody gonna be all excited if Matt or Nick Jackson go on a solo run. Or any other tag team in AEW.

Perfect example of how it can work is the usos even tho Jimmy been out. But look at how Jey has done, even if not a champ or anything. But was involved in a major storyline and featured heavily, but before that had a long career as a decorated tag team champ and paid his dues that way. So the people have supported him.

These AEW tag teams don't have that same feeling to them. Show me they can keep us interested as a team and maybe we'll care if they were singles.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
I just realized that Collision is being taped tonight and there's only ONE match advertised for it, and that's FTR vs. GYV. It's like they just said fukk it to selling tickets for this one. YOu don't have to advertise everything that's going to happen but Jesus you got to advertise more than just one thing.

less than 60 miles away from where Mox lives, no excuse to not at least advertise him cutting a promo or do a dark match or something

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA

Don't know if he played professionally or to any extent, but i know Bowens a big baseball guy. He's gone to a few games and has had videos of him taking batting practice in the past.

Not sure how the thing with Canseco started but I know he's been eager to participate in celebrity baseball related stuff.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps

less than 60 miles away from where Mox lives, no excuse to not at least advertise him cutting a promo or do a dark match or something

Whats understood ain't gotta be explained.

Komander, Mortos, and the Conglomeration gonna put butts in the seats no ads needed :wow:

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps

sounds like they just gave away tickets so they could fill up all the parts that will be on cam. They were at barely above 1K distributed 2 weeks ago for this show:

The pattern of random full rows suggests they comped tickets in those camera visible sections. Collision doesn't typically move this many tickets in a week (especially for a non-Saturday taping). We'll learn more from pictures (and how they light it for Saturday's airing) tonight. It wouldn't surprise me if sections 211, 212, and 213 are sparsely occupied.