The "let's not take this shyt so seriously" AEW news & fukkery thread

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
That dude Zarian been talkin bout AEW/WBD for like 2 years :mjlol: always repeating the same thing but hey we'll see, you would think he wouldn't be dumb enough to post something like this if something wasn't coming...but I never put it past these people
He only posts “cryptic” images like this when he knows the respective deal is 100% done.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Wrestling "journalist" continual efforts to be the most embarrassing group of people possible is astounding :dead:

that crow been cooking for 2 and a half years, gonna be fall off the bone tender :wow:

GW1IhuTW8AAFqMn

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
He looks coked out of his mind so today is definitely a day that ends in "Y"

Anyway, I just saw something where TK was throwing around some hints in his media call last night. I wouldn't be surprised if that's where Zarian got his "scoop" from lol..

Regardless, if something is imminent, I would think we'd hear about it very soon as early as tomorrow maybe?

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
People shytting on the impending AEW/WBD deal. It’s the only thing left that he’s been talking about for months as far as I’m aware
:mjlol: like 95% of people discussing AEW's TV deal believed that they would stay with WBD anyways, there's never been any indication they've talked to any other network. What crow are people supposed to eat?

Zarian been talking about what his pal working PR for WBD has told him for two years and this is supposed to be a W for him? :dead: :dead: :dead:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
lot of discord about this guy making comments about JR earlier, saying TK is paying him to do nothing. given JR health history and what he been thru with his wife passing away, he deserves more respect than that.

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
lot of discord about this guy making comments about JR earlier, saying TK is paying him to do nothing. given JR health history and what he been thru with his wife passing away, he deserves more respect than that.

I had no idea who Stephen P. New was, so I Googled him:

1. If Tony were appalled, he would have just bigged up J.R. instead of creating the circumstances to force everyone to go out to Google to find out what he said. It might have happened anyway, but it's a Streisand effect if I've ever seen one. Also, his squeezing the plug-in is some A+ level carny work.

2. The guy didn't attack JR out of nowhere; it was in response to JR calling the lawsuit frivolous. His job isn't to respect JR's legacy in the wrestling business; it's to advocate for his clients. His response is unnecessary and bluster but not necessarily wrong:

“I need to make a response. J.R., Jim Ross called this lawsuit frivolous,” New said. “Well, let me tell you something, boola-boola, this is not a frivolous lawsuit. You’re part of the problem. You, Jim Ross, are part of the problem because you fed the guys in WWE, as Talent Relations, these crap contracts for a quarter of a century. You told these guys that it was the take it or leave it deal and that they needed to sign these crap contracts that were contracts of adhesion, that they should’ve never have signed or they should have lined the arbitration provisions out of so, I’m not shocked in the least that you go on Conrad Thompson’s podcast and you say that this is a frivolous lawsuit. I might lose it, but bah gawd! It’s not frivolous. I can tell you that.

“Tony Khan’s paid J.R. a lot of money to do nothing, for about five years now, and so, if I were Jim Ross and I were living at Jacksonville Beach and making a bunch of money to not do much at all, I’d probably come out and call Stephen P. New’s lawsuit frivolous also. Everybody’s got a price.”

That being said, it's probably not a great sign when a lawyer before trial says they might lose.

3. Everyone involved in this, from Tony to the goofball lawyer, is a carny idiot.

Last edited:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Had no idea who Stephen P. New is so I Googled him:

1. If Tony was appalled hebwiild have just bigged up J.R. instead of creating the circumstances to force everyone to go out to google to find out what he said. Might have happened anyway but a Streisand effect if I've ever seen one. Also, him squeezing the plug in is some a+ level carny work.

2. The guy didn't attack JR out of nowhere it was in response to JR calling the lawsuit frivolous. His job isn't to respect JR's legacy in the wrestling business it's to advocate on behalf of his clients. His response is unnecessary and unnecessary bluster not not necessarily wrong:

That being said probably not a great sign when a lawyer before trial says they might lose.

3. Everyone involved in this from Tony to the goofball lawyer are carny idiots.
Time to get a new lawyer if you have one saying in public you might lose.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Also, a worker’s rights lawyer denigrating a guy for getting paid while undergoing treatment for cancer and radiation-induced wounds is gross and Vince McMahon like behavior.

Last edited: