The "let's not take this shyt so seriously" AEW news & fukkery thread

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
'Grand Slam' looks like a dead idea. We were discussing the idea of "killing territories" and he definitely did that with Arthur Ashe Stadium. It was a great idea for the first year. It was a cool idea to go back. But it should have been clear after year 2 that it's not going to be feasible to continue to run that stadium every single year and they also jacked the prices too high.

I think they've started to kill Chicago too. Enough with the "traditions"..
I think Chicago died with the Punk fukkery and exit from the company. It's one thing to have a dip in ticket sales but Chicago was "their" market and might not even get 7k paid for a PPV, it's fukking wild.

I think Arthur Ashe got killed because it got the shaft as an important event in the eyes of fans. You basically go from Forbidden Door to All In/All Out getting all the attention and big programs/blow off matches and fans money and once all of that is finally finished, New York gets their "important Dynamite".

It seems fans just don't believe they'll get anything worth a damn and they probably saving their money for WWE's return to the market.

It's sad too because they sold that show out before they even knew they were going to get Omega vs Danielson. And three years later they already know they'll get either Darby vs Danielson or Darby vs Swerve and they are like :yeshrug: :camby:

Vεnεficα

All Star
Daps
Not only does Britt got issues with everyone but just by watching her recently, she has not improved in the ring. Mercedes is going to have to carry her in that match for it to be good...
I don't know, Shida did her best at carrying Britt and their match was still a mess. I don't think it'll be anything great, they'll probably do some fukkery with Kamille interfering. AEW was taking shots at WWE having a performance center, but they need one, It is laughable that Britt is so mid in ring and is called a Pillar of AEW.

Daps

703 compared to 622 last week. So decent bounce back from Olympics. Likely see much better numbers next week with it being the go home show.

1.PNG

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I don't know, Shida did her best at carrying Britt and their match was still a mess. I don't think it'll be anything great, they'll probably do some fukkery with Kamille interfering. AEW was taking shots at WWE having a performance center, but they need one, It is laughable that Britt is so mid in ring and is called a Pillar of AEW.

Remember the t-shirt Dr. Britt Baker had with the blood all over her face? That was from a street fight with Thunder Rosa where they beat the fukk out of each other.

To this day, that's the only memorable match Dr. Britt has ever had unless you count the match she had vs. Swole at the dentist office. That was funny because of the fukkery...

The point I'm making is that I think Dr. Britt should lean into hardcore matches if she's gonna wrestle because I've never seen her have a good match otherwise.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Remember the t-shirt Dr. Britt Baker had with the blood all over her face? That was from a street fight with Thunder Rosa where they beat the fukk out of each other.

To this day, that's the only memorable match Dr. Britt has ever had unless you count the match she had vs. Swole at the dentist office. That was funny because of the fukkery...

The point I'm making is that I think Dr. Britt should lean into hardcore matches if she's gonna wrestle because I've never seen her have a good match otherwise.
I remember Dark autoplaying on my YouTube feed a couple years ago and catching a good match with her and Billy Starks at the Impact Zone :dead:

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
These advances are looking worse and worse every month :francis: people do not give a fukk about watching this promotion for live TV

Look at this show in Illinois for the "go home" show before All Out (it' a 15k arena, you can see all the sections that are not on sale in the 2nd picture).

Tony was born and raised here so you know this one has to sting :sadcam:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I don't remember if MJF vs Ospreay kept the ratings consistent thru out the match but it seems like nothing can keep that 8:00 - 8:15 range with things usually leveling off at 8:45 and onward.

Not sure what on the show last night could've kept it as high. Even having the champ start things off wouldn't have helped cuz they would've gotten put off by Yuta. They might as well load up the second hour with all the good stuff if they gonna lose so many in first half hour.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I don't remember if MJF vs Ospreay kept the ratings consistent thru out the match

They did keep the ratings throughout. Last night Mercedes/Shida was over by that 8:15PM slot and they went into something else. It's weird because there are definitely times when long matches have killed ratings but there's been instances in AEW where if the key matches go longer they keep the viewers...

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
They did keep the ratings throughout. Last night Mercedes/Shida was over by that 8:15PM slot and they went into something else. It's weird because there are definitely times when long matches have killed ratings but there's been instances in AEW where if the key matches go longer they keep the viewers...

Thing also is we don't know if number is at start or end of the quarter so it could've been hangman, lethal, and jj that caused the first dip.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
These advances are looking worse and worse every month :francis: people do not give a fukk about watching this promotion for live TV

Look at this show in Illinois for the "go home" show before All Out (it' a 15k arena, you can see all the sections that are not on sale in the 2nd picture).

That Illinois show isn't the go home show before ALl Out. ALl Out is a week later.