The "let's not take this shyt so seriously" AEW news & fukkery thread

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Oh its the 40k baseball stadium. Thought they were trying AT&T stadium

Don't think they ready for that yet. Globe Life is 22nd biggest baseball stadium. Smaller than where wwe had rumbles in Tampa this year and Houston few years back. Let's see how much they set it for. Good thing is it is retractable roof so depending on weather it could be open.

br82186

Superstar
Daps
2Vi1w51.jpeg

giphy.gif
Crazy how in just a few short years the WWE main roster is looked at as racist while TNA, AEW, and NXT has flourished in pushing black and PoC talent.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Good thing is it is retractable roof so depending on weather it could be open.

I know people hate on outdoor venues because they aren't as loud but I love it when wrestling is in the open air. I went to WrestleMania 35 with some of the brehs... not my favorite show, it was too long and it was cold but the first half of the show was great being outdoors..

They had helicopters flying over and shyt... Charlotte Flair made her entrance in a chopper too :dead:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
She kept getting it because there for the longest time she was like the only woman on the roster that could cut a half decent promo.

Wait a minute.

Baker before injury.
nOt only was putting on incredible promos.

Britt baker was having world shattering matches.

one being match of the year breh.
with hof level actual content to said matches within said match genre.
Saod match of the year was on free TV too tho.
A women's hardcore march of all thing too.

Even I had to go rant Britt baker matches.
When I really have no setup.
to rant matches from tv.

Since the Indie heros who saved wrasslin went to actual mainstream cable.
From being a tape traded to youtube internet streaming terra forming thing.

So even I ranted Britt baker matches on aew TV. Off cable when I have nO setup.
to really do so efficiently.
Making rant time a lot longer and more difficult. That even though.
I have this dilemma. I never cared because Britt maker matches were that good.
Like other worldly all time great.
Britt baker versus LA Mera Mera thunder rosa matches.
You would have to go full fmv.
or swerve v hangman or switchblade v hangman in njpw sleeper level of all time great hardcore domestic match level. Which occurred on mainstream cable package TV.
for the price of cable tho.

Any other match you could have ever seen like that. In the pocket of it occurring. Back in the day. You would have to know.
who the owner of a video store was at the very least. To ever see a match like that before the internet. Then even in the Internet era. You would have had to know a tape trader. Or unknowingly fund a fukk'n pedo at rfvideo. So
To get the level of matches Britt baker was usually one half of the contributor to. Was an excellent bonus to being a wrassslin fan.
For the price of a general package of cable.
Ao this idea of just writing baker off as just some promo.
Is wildly short cha ginger baker.

That with wrasslin being what it is.

these are easy fixes given the situaton.

make baker a heel long term, and let said heels shoot talent.
met their maker.
via rhe book.
by a face goes over style book.
that makes sense.
After building a heel.
Y'know.
The thing wrasslin is about.

now that mcmahon is gone.

there should be no issue.
with getting the correct morale content style booking and conclusio.
to the content that makes sense.

after mcmahon...
All this backstage shyt is some who cares shyt. Beyond the matches.

Mcmahon is not around.
That we no longer need to know the backstage.
why did this bullshyt occur.
on a mind numbing consistent Basis.
that it was wrongly perceived normal.
via a maniac madman's nepotism based monopoly.
Now that mcmahon person is no longer around.
That the need to know a bit.
of why this or that.
did not seem right.
no longer exist.
In the manner it needed to exist.
now that mcmahon is no longer present.

So in that.

I would rather see the match.
Then get the long form vignette on the actual TV show.
to explain the origin and lore of this change on screen.
The old days of mcmahon's lack of context.
or content should be over woth. Where now we get the origin of said worker and how we get to this point in their career.

Past that...
The less backstage things we know makes wrasslin better.
So yeah if you were smart from a certain era.
You should be able to also explain moving forward why this or that took place in change of content post mcmahon. Plus how or why a current shift takes place.

Past that.
This whole still act like.
wrasslin should be this mcmahon ol school clandestined style okie doke. That seems to want to stay. When it has no place in creating a long term high quality draw. To becoming a real headline based draw to a boom.

Now there is no mcmahon.

Fans, noob to casual to old.

Should be able to watch wrasslin. devoid of being assaulted by mcmahon style level content.

So leaving out the entire narrative.

To even just saying baker is only a promo is a disservice in every possible way.

As baker was never a awe construct or character. Plus to subject baker to the wwe style ideal of only being as good as a promo is also a disservice.

Baker built a draw from being otherworldly good in every intangible needed to be a mainevent hof draw.
Saying baker only did so via promo is a disservice to how good baker is. Especially in a post mcmahon world. Where baker was never a wwe Construct. So to even talk about baker.
in a mcmahon style and sense. In a post mcmahon era makes no sense.
That for you to discredit baker and review her in a mcmahon ideal. In a post mcmahon era is type bogus.
Plus reverses any good will as a female performer from baker as well.

Nasty work from you. That takes a titan graph smart level to debunk.

Bogus for a guy named cattle mutalation too.
As your username should be the ideal poster.
that upholds workrate first.
When in regards to baker.

You were bogus for what reason i don't know. As you, nor i or any poster has no connecti9n to bakrr or this incident. Plus we have nonidea if it is wildly inflammatory culturally to us being black as well.

like if you diss somebody especially this female. At least show some respect.
to what your username is and the person you dissed.

as this diss to baker or your post could be viewed as a diss. Especially since your name is cattle mutalation. To show no wherewithal to baker's inring workrate is nasry work breh.

just nasty.

Chu was foul breh.
Bogus.

Art Barr

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Don't think they ready for that yet. Globe Life is 22nd biggest baseball stadium. Smaller than where wwe had rumbles in Tampa this year and Houston few years back. Let's see how much they set it for. Good thing is it is retractable roof so depending on weather it could be open.
They better set it for at least 30k.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Been trying to keep up with G1 and I'm caught up. They just had the playoffs start this last episode. Top 3 in each block with 2 and 3 fighting to then face 1 in each block. 1 in A block is ZSJ and B block is David Finlay. ZSJ facing Shingo and Finlay facing Yota Tsuji. He was at FD recently in the match with the Lucha Bros. I mention it cuz Tsuji just beat Takeshyta. Yes Takeshyta from AEW made it all the way to the G1 playoffs.

TK would be a damn fool if he doesn't push this motherfukker heavily and keep him relevant when he comes back over. He gotta be in at least one of the mid card title pictures and have won one of them by end of year. Shoot, I'd even keep building him up and have him win the CC tourney if not the TNT title before that. He def was doing well in the G1 so he needs to be treated right when he comes back.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
These advances are looking worse and worse every month :francis: people do not give a fukk about watching this promotion for live TV

Look at this show in Illinois for the "go home" show before All Out (it' a 15k arena, you can see all the sections that are not on sale in the 2nd picture).

This is a week later in Milwaukee (12k arena)

shyt, even All Out didn't sell much of anything after the tickets went on sale first. They at least got a good advance but I'm not sure they make it to 7k paid for the PPV

These fools only putting 5k in Arthur Ashe :francis:
They might not even get to 5k paid breh :sadcam: the amount of comps for this show is gonna be crazy :picard:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
'Grand Slam' looks like a dead idea. We were discussing the idea of "killing territories" and he definitely did that with Arthur Ashe Stadium. It was a great idea for the first year. It was a cool idea to go back. But it should have been clear after year 2 that it's not going to be feasible to continue to run that stadium every single year and they also jacked the prices too high.

I think they've started to kill Chicago too. Enough with the "traditions"..

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
These advances are looking worse and worse every month :francis: people do not give a fukk about watching this promotion for live TV

Look at this show in Illinois for the "go home" show before All Out (it' a 15k arena, you can see all the sections that are not on sale in the 2nd picture).

This is a week later in Milwaukee (12k arena)

shyt, even All Out didn't sell much of anything after the tickets went on sale first. They at least got a good advance but I'm not sure they make it to 7k paid for the PPV

They might not even get to 5k paid breh :sadcam: the amount of comps for this show is gonna be crazy :picard:

Gahdamn :huhldup: