The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (May 12, 2023)

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
Duping is back for those who updated their game to 1.1.2.

1. Save the game
  2. Take the item you want to duplicate and fuse it to a weapon
  3. Have Link prepare to throw the weapon
  4. While he’s holding it press the minus button to open the map
  5. Scroll over to the Adventure log and down to memories
  6. Select a memory to watch
  7. Press X and then the plus button to skip it
  8. Repeat for three more memories
  9. Press the plus button to go to the save screen
  10. Load the save file you made at the start

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Well damn. Am I the only nerd not duping stuff?
I haven't either. I don't like making games too easy. And while I get it's a time saver from "grinding", but this game is all about exploration moreso than a grind and duping stuff seems like it may take away from that a bit. Either that or just make the game easier, once again. Either which way, I'm good.

I've also rarely searched for anything about the game, from tech or secret locations or whatever. At least not specfically anyways (I always look up reviews for any game I'm into, even after purchase just to get the general reception and takes). Wife and kid playing the game and constantly look up stuff tho and I'm far from the "don't spoil me" type to not at least take notice of stuff, especially for this type of game. Whether or not I even remember the shyt is another story.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I didn’t start duping until the end-game, sorry but i got other shyt to play (and eventually touch grass) to sit around farming to make my armor stronger (for no reason) or get better batteries. Theres a reason tricks like this end up becoming popular.

If you just want to experiment with the main draw of the game which is building shyt and playing in the sandbox the dupe glitch is ideal. I didn’t start really getting inventive with that shyt until i had large zonai charges to put in the dispensers to get all the parts i wanted.

Which in turn made exploring more fun. Being able to get from sky island to sky island or around in the depths its just more satisfying when you can build what you need.

I wanted to do all that sandbox stuff before i get bored of the game.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
just started this over the weekend, i forgot how much i hated having barely any hearts at the beginning :dead:

also spent hella time climbing to the top of the temple of time before i even did the first shrine and wasn't shyt up there... could have at least put one chest or something :unimpressed:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Well damn. Am I the only nerd not duping stuff?
It's Nintendo's fault for leaving that shyt in the game. The whole concept of TOTK is letting gamers figure out ways to cheat. They were inspired by the glitches in BOTW and they've done nothing to patch them after development ended.

MuzzyP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Carolina
I haven't either. I don't like making games too easy. And while I get it's a time saver from "grinding", but this game is all about exploration moreso than a grind and duping stuff seems like it may take away from that a bit. Either that or just make the game easier, once again. Either which way, I'm good.

I've also rarely searched for anything about the game, from tech or secret locations or whatever. At least not specfically anyways (I always look up reviews for any game I'm into, even after purchase just to get the general reception and takes). Wife and kid playing the game and constantly look up stuff tho and I'm far from the "don't spoil me" type to not at least take notice of stuff, especially for this type of game. Whether or not I even remember the shyt is another story.
I feel you. I forgot where the lost woods were, and I'm stopping myself from looking it up because I want to experience most of the game organically. As for duping, I feel it would make money too easy to come by, and I like that rupees are really hard to get, and you gotta find rare things to sell to get em.

I can see wanting a lot of money early to get strong fast though. I did grow up memorizing GTA Vice City cheats after all.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
No wonder I can't find a Silver Katana Horned Lynel. They won't pop up until I kill at least 10 Lynel's. I haven't been killing them because I've only been duping stuff from the first one I killed so I didn't think I had to.

Alright thats definitely a downside to duping. Makes you lazy.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I've yet to come across a Lynel, surprising enough, despite opening up the full map.
Zelda-Tears-of-the-kingdom-lynel-location-map-72b8150.jpg