The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (May 12, 2023)

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Its very powerful if you put your mind to it. I wish I was more dedicated to it. I still fight enemies as if I was playing BOTW so your old gameplay style still works. I just try to work more fusion maneuvers in the fights. Now the Ultrahand shyt? That's gonna take more preparation. A lynel destroyed my creations.

That Lynel said fukk outta here with that shyt! This ain't Minecraft! He destroyed my shyt 5 different ways. I kept reverting to last save to switch up taxctic. Didn't work. Back to the drawing board.
Gloom Lynel did the same to me...I finally gave up and just never fought it again :mjcry:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Let’s be serious, None of the temples were hard

All the bosses are gimmicks. It’s fun but it ain’t hard. The hardest thing is finding the order to finish the puzzles in the temple in
What order? You typically can just do them whatever order you choose. Least so far for me in the two temples I did. But yeah, the puzzles are harder to figure out (and occasionally even do even when figured out) than the bosses for sure.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I actually think that's where I left off at BOTW :snoop:

My problem is I don't care about the story in these games so I don't feel compelled to finish it. For how fun this game is, I think that's a some shyt they gotta work on :yeshrug:

@Gizmo_Duck For me, it's not even an open world issue because I do very little side content in other open world games. I focus on the main story more than anything else.
To be fair, the story in this is actually pretty solid this time around. It's just that all the side shyt compels you away from it so easily, that it doesn't quite hook you right in. In order to get into it, you have to focus solely on it and then, you feel like you doing the main game a disservice by not just exploring around at your own pace. It's kinda weird honestly.

Also, there's no real pacing at all and its story beats are disjointly delivered as well, so that's another detractor. Like only parts of the story be vocalized in cutscenes, yet important beats come right behind that and they choose to turn it half verbal cues, but no voice dialogue and just text. I hate when games do this. Pick a format and see it thru. And if you're going to limit voice acting, make it truly count when it matters.

Last edited:

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
i like that everytime i beat a dungeon so far i got a new party member

the kid that looks like he belong on duck tales was a fun companion to have

i also like that you can have your party member jump camps and do most of your dirty work with out having to heal them or waste your good weapons.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I kind of wish they would give Gannon better motives to rule than just being evil for evil’s sake. Like, we’re 35+years in,we can write compelling villains with real grey area type motivations. It doesn’t always have the be good vs evil, dark vs lite :mjpls:

I originally thought they were gonna do something compelling with the Gerudo people. Maybe the idea that they weren’t on equal footing with the hylians and zonai due to being a society of women, or whatever else motivation. Maybe a Gannon that was disrespected by the kingdom of Hyrule, which eventually caused to him seek power and become corrupted. I liked the original scenes with Gannon staging attacks against them, but the fact that he’s just born evil is weird. Also if there is only one male born to the gerudo every century where’s the new male since Gannon has been locked up?

Also, its incredibly weird not having the triforce in a zelda game, but it still showing up in the iconography

also i feel like this game kind of trivializes what the original calamity Ganon and that entire war meant on the kingdom of hyrule. They knew the real ganon was buried under the castle but it seems like they were only prepared to fight and hold off calamity (by zelda putting herself in a stasis again) it just doesn’t make sense.

Hyrule was pretty much destroyed and laid to waste through calamity not gannondorf/demon king gannon but no one talks about that in this game. Had you not played BOTW you would have never known there was a bigger threat inbetween the events of gannondorf being locked away and his return

Last edited:

jericho

The North Remembers
Daps
Reppin
Feel like I've barely scratched the surface of this game

Played probably 25 hours give or take and just grinding any shrine I can find. Haven't touched the main quest since getting the glider

Just got the gliding armor and it was my first real upgrade. Leveled up the hearts and also a full stamina wheel but a ton of enemies can still take most of my shyt away with one hit