The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Switch/Wii U | Out Now

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Can't find the sequel thread so dropping this here:

Video explains that the Sky Islands in BOTW 2 were always there. The Sky Islands are from Skyward Sword. There's a Cloud Barrier that separates the areas so that you can't see the islands from above and you can't see the land from below. That actually makes no sense cause I can see some of the land below from the trailer to BOTW2 but whatever I'll roll with it for now. The only reason why I'm okay with this theory is because in Skyward Sword there are 3 pathways to the land below that are the symbols of the 3 goddess and 3 elements which are represented in BOTW as the three dragons and we clearly see the dragons go through a portal when they leave.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps

Video explains that the Sky Islands in BOTW 2 were always there. The Sky Islands are from Skyward Sword. There's a Cloud Barrier that separates the areas so that you can't see the islands from above and you can't see the land from below. That actually makes no sense cause I can see some of the land below from the trailer to BOTW2 but whatever I'll roll with it for now. The only reason why I'm okay with this theory is because in Skyward Sword there are 3 pathways to the land below that are the symbols of the 3 goddess and 3 elements which are represented in BOTW as the three dragons and we clearly see the dragons go through a portal when they leave.

Maybe the barrier gets destroyed in the early game for some reason?

Another pretty interesting theory I saw is that the sky islands represent the sacred realm that holds the triforce.

Here is the sequel thread:
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Sequel (2022)

TheAnointedOne

Superstar
Daps

What's wrong with his voice?

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I'm going to go back through this game and play it to from scratch to completion with a completely open mind. I gave Dragon Quest XI second chance after not liking it at first and it ended up being one of my favorite JRPG's so I will give this game another chance.

My boy convinced me to do it. He said 'Bruh stop playing that shyt like a hero and just DO shyt, you wil figure out what I'm talking about and why we enjoy it so much.' So this time fukk trying to save Hyrule, I'm just gonna do shyt until I end up beating it somehow. :yeshrug:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I'm going to go back through this game and play it to from scratch to completion with a completely open mind. I gave Dragon Quest XI second chance after not liking it at first and it ended up being one of my favorite JRPG's so I will give this game another chance.

My boy convinced me to do it. He said 'Bruh stop playing that shyt like a hero and just DO shyt, you wil figure out what I'm talking about and why we enjoy it so much.' So this time fukk trying to save Hyrule, I'm just gonna do shyt until I end up beating it somehow. :yeshrug:

Yeah just enjoy exploring and finding shyt. 90% of the game is about the journey

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
This game is more atmospheric than charming. The art style combined with the sound effects really makes you feel like you are literally in the woods or on top of a mountain. I'll give this game that much, they did nail making the open world feel like an open world to explore right down to the sound effects.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I was laying up with my old lady last night after dropping off some dikk and I docked this to my big screen and my wife pointed off into the distance on the game and was like 'What's that?' I was like what you talking about woman. She pointed and said there's something on that mountain over there. I walk over there to see what she talking about and a dragon the size of a mountain was sleeping right there. My wife was like you gonna kill it, I looked at her like 'How am I supposed to kill that thing, it's the size of a mountain!. :damn: She was like :usure: You found a way to kill everything else in this game, you gonna duck the fade now?

Challenge accepted.:youngsabo:
All I had to do was shoot the blight points off him and then shoot him once it was all said and done.

This game done grew on me, still think it's not quite a masterpiece but it is a good game for sure. Gotta get the DLC's as well.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
I was laying up with my old lady last night after dropping off some dikk and I docked this to my big screen and my wife pointed off into the distance on the game and was like 'What's that?' I was like what you talking about woman. She pointed and said there's something on that mountain over there. I walk over there to see what she talking about and a dragon the size of a mountain was sleeping right there. My wife was like you gonna kill it, I looked at her like 'How am I supposed to kill that thing, it's the size of a mountain!. :damn: She was like :usure: You found a way to kill everything else in this game, you gonna duck the fade now?

Challenge accepted.:youngsabo:
All I had to do was shoot the blight points off him and then shoot him once it was all said and done.

This game done grew on me, still think it's not quite a masterpiece but it is a good game for sure. Gotta get the DLC's as well.

I think 2 things for me that keep it from being that masterpiece game,

1. Dungeons were pretty sparse, bosses were solid though

2. That final Gannon battle. There should’ve been a final one on one duel.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I think 2 things for me that keep it from being that masterpiece game,

1. Dungeons were pretty sparse, bosses were solid though

2. That final Gannon battle. There should’ve been a final one on one duel.

The way the weapon degredation system is implemented, the lack of true dungeons, and the lack of memorable boss encounters are what is keeping it from being a masterpiece to me.

The only time I had a health bar enemy that I remember was the first time I fought a Molduga, and that's only because I was not expecting Tremors to pop out of the ground like that. :merchant: