The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Switch/Wii U | Out Now

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Finally got around to starting this up and it's piff already. I'm only at the horse farm on the way to Impa, but already getting hooked.

What's the best early game strat for hearts vs. stamina? I searched the innanets, but there doesn't seem to be a consensus.

I know there's the race to 13 hearts to get the important weapon ... but outside of that ... wondering how i should allocate my first orbs.

some say invest in hearts since clothes and potions can help with stamina?

some say invest in stamina since you can always find food to heal up?

some say doing a 3:1 or 2:1 heart:stamina ratio?

What's the coli consensus? Also, is there a particular resource I should be stocking up as I go along? Right now I feel like I'm crawling through the game hoarding everything and worrying too much about weapon degradation.

Do hearts over stamina in the beginning...you can just take an axe...cut some grass...get a ton of restless crickets...mix it with low level bobogin parts and get a elixir that fields your stamina wheel... I always do this once a get the parryglider...cut grass and collect crickets for maybe an hour and i end up with AT LEAST 50 crickets...

The problem with finding food to heal up is that in the beginning you are so weak most things can kill you in one hit...so...

And early in the game it is way easier to find crickets than it is to find thing like hearty radish or fish and lizards that can give you temporary hearts...you tend to have to go to areas with high level enemies to do that...

Stock up on iron mushrooms, they can be found in any forest area, mix 5 together for a max level defense bonus for I think 4 minutes...

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Do hearts over stamina in the beginning...you can just take an axe...cut some grass...get a ton of restless crickets...mix it with low level bobogin parts and get a elixir that fields your stamina wheel... I always do this once a get the parryglider...cut grass and collect crickets for maybe an hour and i end up with AT LEAST 50 crickets...

The problem with finding food to heal up is that in the beginning you are so weak most things can kill you in one hit...so...

And early in the game it is way easier to find crickets than it is to find thing like hearty radish or fish and lizards that can give you temporary hearts...you tend to have to go to areas with high level enemies to do that...

Stock up on iron mushrooms, they can be found in any forest area, mix 5 together for a max level defense bonus for I think 4 minutes...
aye man fukk that cutting grass for crickets shyt. takes too long. he only needs to do that for the first couple hours then focus on increasing stamina bar.

and i disagree about finding temporary heart recipes being hard to find. he just needs to go to faron jungle and collect durians. there are durians on that mountain with the fairy horse too. hearty truffles, radishes, hearty bass, hearty crabs are everywhere

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
aye man fukk that cutting grass for crickets shyt. takes too long. he only needs to do that for the first couple hours then focus on increasing stamina bar.

and i disagree about finding temporary heart recipes being hard to find. he just needs to go to faron jungle and collect durians. there are durians on that mountain with the fairy horse too. hearty truffles, radishes, hearty bass, hearty crabs are everywhere

Go to Faron Jungle so you can get struck by lightning cause it rains all the time?

Go to Faron Jungle at the beginning of the game so you can fight Lizafos with bladed boomerangs that can kill you in one hit?

Go to Faron Jungle and accidentally run up on that Lynel and have him instantly push your shyt back?

The most efficient way to get stamina in this game at the beginning is to just time sink an hour, get restless crickets, and cook up like 10 stamina elixers...

All of the things you mentioned, can't be found as fast or easily as restless crickets can in the great plateau

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Go to Faron Jungle so you can get struck by lightning cause it rains all the time?

Go to Faron Jungle at the beginning of the game so you can fight Lizafos with bladed boomerangs that can kill you in one hit?

Go to Faron Jungle and accidentally run up on that Lynel and have him instantly push your shyt back?

The most efficient way to get stamina in this game at the beginning is to just time sink an hour, get restless crickets, and cook up like 10 stamina elixers...

All of the things you mentioned, can't be found as fast or easily as restless crickets can in the great plateau
yeah my bad he ain't ready for all that

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
to farm durians in faron with no drama early on you need sheikah suit and wooden or bone shields bows and weapons

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
lol was there a clue to using the leaf to make the music for the hidden shrine with the Ritos? Because I had no fukking idea. I may not have paid attention to them when I talked to them.

L@CaT

For Hire Gunslinger!
Daps
Finally got the master sword. But now I’m doing the master sword trials and that shyt is hard brehs :why:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Finally got the master sword. But now I’m doing the master sword trials and that shyt is hard brehs :why:

Watch this and it will be much easier.
Woooo I finally beat the Beginning Trial in Trial of the Sword in Master Mode!! I used this guide:

Basically there's a glitch in the Lizard AI that lets you move behind it each time you assassinate strike him without causing an alert.

fukking genius. Okay now for Middle Trials. I'll continue watching the speedrun for tips.

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
How can anyone say Mario Odyssey is better than this? This is an open world game teeming with content. Mario Odyssey is a 5 hour platformer. shyt doesn't compare