Daps
Famitsu didn't give super Mario odyssey a perfect score like it did for Zelda

BOTW GOTY Confirmed

JetLife

/ SOHH /
Daps
Reppin
Golden State
Finally got around to starting this up and it's piff already. I'm only at the horse farm on the way to Impa, but already getting hooked.

What's the best early game strat for hearts vs. stamina? I searched the innanets, but there doesn't seem to be a consensus.

I know there's the race to 13 hearts to get the important weapon ... but outside of that ... wondering how i should allocate my first orbs.

some say invest in hearts since clothes and potions can help with stamina?

some say invest in stamina since you can always find food to heal up?

some say doing a 3:1 or 2:1 heart:stamina ratio?

What's the coli consensus? Also, is there a particular resource I should be stocking up as I go along? Right now I feel like I'm crawling through the game hoarding everything and worrying too much about weapon degradation.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Finally got around to starting this up and it's piff already. I'm only at the horse farm on the way to Impa, but already getting hooked.

What's the best early game strat for hearts vs. stamina? I searched the innanets, but there doesn't seem to be a consensus.

I know there's the race to 13 hearts to get the important weapon ... but outside of that ... wondering how i should allocate my first orbs.

What's the coli consensus? Also, is there a particular resource I should be stocking up as I go along? Right now I feel like I'm crawling through the game hoarding everything and worrying too much about weapon degradation.
you can make temporary hearts recipes easily
however, temporarily stamina recipes require more items and more effort because of that, you should invest in getting at least one extra stamina wheel besides your base then invest towards the 13 hearts for the master sword then after that get the 2nd stamina wheel and after that, equally invest in both

but never get all the hearts that you can. stop until at least 7 slots are left because you will get 4 out of those 7 from the divine beasts. if you invest in all hearts you'll have one extra that you can't do shyt with cause you already reached your limit. instead, you should max out your stamina.

stamina becomes increasingly important in combat when you start getting better. when youve maxed out stamina youll have 3 slots for hearts that isnt there. thats ok. you can easily make temporary hearts for that. also

the only good thing about lacking 3 hearts is that after you get the master sword, you can use the sword beam attack even after taking a couple hits due to the temporary hearts cause it will still register you as full. thats either a genius move by nintendo as a nod and improvement to the sword beam in the nes and snes zeldas or accidental benefit.

Last edited:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
speaking of sword beams, shadow beast ganon is vulnerable to sword beams. instead of shooting light arrows at the golden targets zelda activate just shoot sword beams at his body for the same effect but you still need the bow for the final target

JetLife

/ SOHH /
Daps
Reppin
Golden State
you can make temporary hearts recipes easily
however, temporarily stamina recipes require more items and more effort because of that, you should invest in getting at least one extra stamina wheel besides your base then invest towards the 13 hearts for the master sword then after that get the 2nd stamina wheel and after that, equally invest in both

but never get all the hearts that you can. stop until at least 7 slots are left because you will get 4 out of those 7 from the divine beasts. if you invest in all hearts you'll have one extra that you can't do shyt with cause you already reached your limit. instead, you should max out your stamina.

stamina becomes increasingly important in combat when you start getting better. when youve maxed out stamina youll have 3 slots for hearts that isnt there. thats ok. you can easily make temporary hearts for that. also

the only good thing about lacking 3 hearts is that after you get the master sword, you can use the sword beam attack even after taking a couple hits due to the temporary hearts cause it will still register you as full. thats either a genius move by nintendo as a nod and improvement to the sword beam in the nes and snes zeldas or accidental benefit.

Good shyt bruh and much appreciated, daps and reps headed your way.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
:ohhh: Just saw someone freeze time a rock and hit it to max and climbed on it and launched himself into temple of fukking time.

:mjlol: why haven't I thought of this? Bout to try it and hope to launch right into an enemy camp.

Here4Lauryn

Banned
Daps
Famitsu didn't give super Mario odyssey a perfect score like it did for Zelda

BOTW GOTY Confirmed

Not necessarily... considering Zelda received 90 ish reviews also. Famitsu had 4 reviewers for Mario who scored the game 10/10/9/10; basically a 97.5. You had Zelda reviews that scored Zelda less than such.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

maybe do stamina, heart, stamina, heart. i remember i had a shyt ton of orbs saved up after i had 12 hearts and like 1 and a half or a quarter stamina then i just maxed out. ..

if you know how to parry and guard you shouldnt take damage and need a shyt ton of hearts, plus you can always get like 100 apples or some dorian fruit and keep regenerating your health.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Not necessarily... considering Zelda received 90 ish reviews also. Famitsu had 4 reviewers for Mario who scored the game 10/10/9/10; basically a 97.5. You had Zelda reviews that scored Zelda less than such.
im trollin
game ain't even out yet

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
:ohhh: Just saw someone freeze time a rock and hit it to max and climbed on it and launched himself into temple of fukking time.

:mjlol: why haven't I thought of this? Bout to try it and hope to launch right into an enemy camp.
i do that with trees. chop em down, freeze time/stasis the tree, twohanded weapon charge move smash it numerous times, then stand on the tree before time runs out, and it will launch you like your riding a rocket

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Can you imagine how long traveling Hyrule would be if we didn't have the paraglider and warp points? fukking game world is HUGE