The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Switch/Wii U | Out Now

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Two observations about my current Master Mode run:

1. The assassination trick where you move in front after striking from behind and they turn their back to you not only works on lizalfos, but also bokobglins and moblins. However, if the creature slides after it falls it may not turn around so this trick is unpredictable.

2. Even at full health+all hearts and maxed out armor (champion shirt 32 defense, any headgear and pants with 28 defense), certain attacks by golden lynels can still one-shot you. I would've died if it weren't for Mipha's blessing and fairies. It's kinda cool how I can kill some golden lynels within a minute or two with no damage but if I slip up once I could die.

You're a beast in that game. Im stuck at like 210 hours. Im gonna try to pick it up after rabbids, and odessey, I just finished 100 hours on rabbids and im still going.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Some tips:

When hunting in Tabantha or hunting period, no need to use any weapons, just run bison and elk over with your strongest horse and they will die.

You have to be galloping for it to work and it needs to be a horse with tight handling or you'll miss a lot.

Destroy every snowball you see. Gemstones are inside half the time.

If you need to get across a chasm or want a boost to jump higher but you ran out of Revali's Gale, just keep one flame sword and a shyt load of wood handy. Throw 4 pieces of wood out and light them on fire to create an updraft. The updraft is a great way to travel and climb.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
some pics of my run today. 3 shrines for today and took on 2 Guardians at the same time.

DLgeotMV4AE0Lzf.jpg:large

DLgeeQOUIAAvJCF.jpg:large

My weapon status atm.
DLgekcSV4AEZjnz.jpg:large

:banderas: when I get both expansions come holiday time.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
when I get both expansions come holiday time.

Honestly if someone picked this up at Christmas and bought the expansions they would eat very well.

I waited and saved some content for just about when the first expansion dropped so I wouldn't be burned out and it was still tough to jump back in. I'm gonna be excited one that new pack comes out and I'm gonna play but I don't know.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Honestly if someone picked this up at Christmas and bought the expansions they would eat very well.

I waited and saved some content for just about when the first expansion dropped so I wouldn't be burned out and it was still tough to jump back in. I'm gonna be excited one that new pack comes out and I'm gonna play but I don't know.

I'm not burned out of it. I know what I want out of the game after beating it. And while trying to reach that goal, I'm still doing things off on the side while finding more shrines, like trying to help this man build a village, nothing ground breaking, but why not :mjlol:. I just don't don't play it every day like I used to. Splatoon literally almost has 300 hours logged (at 290) and more games I want to get/need to beat.

lol but I do agree the full on expansion passes with the game, people would be in that game for a good while. Some people on reddit saying they been playing the game since march and still playing.

Last edited:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I'm not burned out of it. I know what I want out of the game after beating it. And while trying to reach that goal, I'm still doing things off on the side while finding more shrines, like trying to help this man build a village, nothing ground breaking, but why not :mjlol:. I just don't don't play it every day like I used to. Splatoon literally almost has 300 hours logged (at 290) and more games I want to get/need to beat.

lol but I do agree the full on expansion passes with the game, people would be in that game for a good while. Some people on reddit saying they been playing the game since march and still playing.
I said you had a vendetta earlier cause of all them guardian weapons. The guardians in Master Mode are harder cause they changed the timing of their lasers. The laser timing is random and so vicious that you can't sit and wait while parrying anymore. One time I fukked up a parry and this nicca zapped me like 12 times while I was down. There's an invincibility animation while your trying to get up so luckily not all the zaps stacked up.

If they played it in Master Mode they wouldn't get burned out unless they're scared. You actually learn more about the game's physics and elemental damage systems and better combat tactics in Master Mode. People complain about enemies having too much health and taking too long to kill but that's cause they're going about it wrong. Use deku leafs to blow enemies over cliffs, in water, towards grass fires you started so that they catch on fire. Always sneak up and assassinate enemies as much as possible. Use meals that give you extra attack damage and collect freeze rods and high attack weapons so that you kill them fast and one at a time. Hitting enemies that are frozen with lightning weapons or arrows does added damage. Using two-handed charge attacks to dance around the enemy by constantly striking their side or flank, perfecting flurry rush and knowing when to change weapons to stack elemental damage and stun damage, WITH Stasis+ rune will also make battles end quickly. Perfecting Stasis+ in combat is a MUST.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
I said you had a vendetta earlier cause of all them guardian weapons. The guardians in Master Mode are harder cause they changed the timing of their lasers. The laser timing is random and so vicious that you can't sit and wait while parrying anymore. One time I fukked up a parry and this nicca zapped me like 12 times while I was down. There's an invincibility animation while your trying to get up so luckily not all the zaps stacked up.

If they played it in Master Mode they wouldn't get burned out unless they're scared. You actually learn more about the game's physics and elemental damage systems and better combat tactics in Master Mode. People complain about enemies having too much health and taking too long to kill but that's cause they're going about it wrong. Use deku leafs to blow enemies over cliffs, in water, towards grass fires you started so that they catch on fire. Always sneak up and assassinate enemies as much as possible. Use meals that give you extra attack damage and collect freeze rods and high attack weapons so that you kill them fast and one at a time. Hitting enemies that are frozen with lightning weapons or arrows does added damage. Using two-handed charge attacks to dance around the enemy by constantly striking their side or flank, perfecting flurry rush and knowing when to change weapons to stack elemental damage and stun damage, WITH Stasis+ rune will also make battles end quickly. Perfecting Stasis+ in combat is a MUST.

:mjlol: that's why I LOL when people clown the combat in this game. They're literally fighting enemies the same way they would if they were playing the old Zelda's the combat in this game is so underrated. There's so many ways to go about fighting these dudes, and it's what I enjoy a lot.

I thought this vid was pretty hilarious/cool.

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
Is the wii u version worth playing? Haven't splurged for the switch yet but the wii u is in storage...

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Is the wii u version worth playing? Haven't splurged for the switch yet but the wii u is in storage...

Switch is 900 p and wii u is 720 p...

Colors in the switch are noticeably sharper to...

If you have surround sound then switch is WAY better...

Also with switch you can you a pro controller all the way through if you have one, for Wii U you HAVE to use the Wii U controller for some stuff...

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Switch is 900 p and wii u is 720 p...

Colors in the switch are noticeably sharper to...

If you have surround sound then switch is WAY better...

Also with switch you can you a pro controller all the way through if you have one, for Wii U you HAVE to use the Wii U controller for some stuff...

That surround sounds is crazy. Especially when you get in the wilderness. fukking crickets and birds chirping ever so softly. Too many times I was like :martin:"where the hell is that noise coming from?" Because I'm surrounded by animals where I live so birds chirping , squirrels barking (yes squirrels bark) that shyt ain't new to me. But if you make noise they usually shut up for 15 mins or so.

What do you need the wii u pad for in the game?