The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Switch/Wii U | Out Now

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Looks like weapons, bows and shields max out at 20 per item. I'm guessing that's the max for all 3 since Hetsu said I can't upgrade my weapon slots anymore.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Apparently that flying trick was done at E3 first.

New Tales From The Making Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild

According to Takizawa: "one thing we saw at E3 was one of the NOA demonstrating staff, just in their downtime figured out a way to use magnesis to make themselves fly in a way, and we're like, 'Okay, we hadn't thought of that.' We all had to go back and try it ourselves."​

This sounds dope. I could've used this feature to build cryonsis blocks when stuck at a cliff in water.

"Until about halfway through the development, we had a spec where you could take your weapon and stab it into a wall. When your stamina gauge was dwindling you could stab the weapon and kind of hang out and rest there." Given the emphasis on climbing in the game, it was surprising to hear this option was removed. The reason? Miyamoto's disapproval.

"So the answer," according to Fujibayashi," is that Mr. Miyamoto heard of the concept he said, 'You can't stand on the tip of a sword. This is strange.' And then we explained, "No no no, you stab it in." Then he's like, 'No, it's not going to work.' Another idea is that it's very hard to actually stab a sword into a big piece of rock. We considered that you can stab them into cracks or crevices in the wall, but then you can't freely use that feature anywhere you want, so I decided not to implement it."​

BOTW is the best example of teamwork I've seen in game development.

Though the team had plenty of leaders and a judicious overseer, Breath of the Wild is a product of the group, and the life experiences its members brought to the team were a key component of its success, particularly when it came to interacting with the environment. Fujibayashi drove this point home."The staff that was involved in creating the game, they all have their own hobbies. Some of them like camping or outdoor sports, and we tried to make it a point that they take all of the experiences that they have in their lives and drop it into the game."​

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
It's probably been said but the ambient/minimalist approach with the music is very well done.
It gets epic when you do the dungeons. The music switches beats, the further you get into completing the dungeon. Then some dungeons have an inside and outside theme. I just wish there was more dungeons and main story quests

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It gets epic when you do the dungeons. The music switches beats, the further you get into completing the dungeon. Then some dungeons have an inside and outside theme. I just wish there was more dungeons and main story quests

This is everyone's complaint. Hopefully the story DLC adds more meaningful stuff. A post-Ganon Hyrule where we fight another enemy would be perfect.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
don't stop @The Wolf Among You

It takes 400 korok seeds to Max out inventory slots. How many you got
For shields and bows?

I'm at 20 weapon slots
10 bows
10 shields

Need 20 more slots.

I Basically need around 102 korok seeds

Haven't cashed in the ones I have yet

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
BTW how many of you have actually cashed in monster parts for the mon currency?

I bought that stupid hammer

The monster masks, monster horse gear and dark link suit. He was at Zora domain above a cliff

The monster masks make noise when you walk. Kinda funny. I wore the Lynel mask when I was walking by a lynel but either he didn't see me or was ignoring me. Need to try again.

Didn't know that luchadora costume with the wrestling belt glowed in the dark. shyts dope. Imma change it to red

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
BTW how many of you have actually cashed in monster parts for the mon currency?

I bought that stupid hammer

The monster masks, monster horse gear and dark link suit. He was at Zora domain above a cliff

The monster masks make noise when you walk. Kinda funny. I wore the Lynel mask when I was walking by a lynel but either he didn't see me or was ignoring me. Need to try again.

Didn't know that luchadora costume with the wrestling belt glowed in the dark. shyts dope. Imma change it to red

So much cool shyt and nowhere to display it. Such a pain in the ass. I need a museum/warehouse display, a la Skyrim.