The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Switch/Wii U | Out Now

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
52 days later and I'm still discovering places that I've never been to. This game is amazing. I've got 419 Korok seeds. Some of the seeds are ridiculously challenging. I was wrong about the bow limit, it's not 20 it's 13. 14 counting the bow of light.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Hyrule Compendium completed but thats cause I cheated and bought all the pictures that were left but....

Some of the pics I took suck. Wish I could buy them instead but you can't after it's completed. I'd have to retake the pics.

BTW only the Silver Lynels drop Star Fragments. I need to mark on my map where these mothafukkas are cause I plan on upgrading all the amiibo costumes and every costume and jewelry in the game. Although amiibo costumes are not needed for 100% completion, doing it anyway

Currently taking a break from Korok seed hunting to finish some sidequests I started and forgot about, and get all Kilton's monster metals.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
55 hours+ and I have yet to touch a divine beast. Having too much fun searching for and completing shrines and even that I'm doing in slow motion.

Is there any way to check your compendium progress, short of looking at them and counting then yourself? Cause I've been going ham with the camera taking pictures of every weapon, enemy, fruit, critter, etc.

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
So I'm still enjoying this game but what's up with these hot spots? like Gerudo desert and some other place with a tower it gets broiling hot and I can't accomplish anything. I'm in Gerudo right now and I've only ever found one mushroom that helps me deal with the hot weather otherwise I'm a freaking lobster! Pretty annoying.
Also combat seems only serviceable, I went into a combat shrine literally broke all my weapons on the guardian and got killed.... not very fun, not to mention the slow down during fights when you have a gang of enemies attacking you. I was in one place and these dude were 1 shotting me when I had 6 hearts :dahell: and I would beat on them for ages and nothing, then they dropped weapons in the teens :dahell: how does that work?

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
55 hours+ and I have yet to touch a divine beast. Having too much fun searching for and completing shrines and even that I'm doing in slow motion.

Is there any way to check your compendium progress, short of looking at them and counting then yourself? Cause I've been going ham with the camera taking pictures of every weapon, enemy, fruit, critter, etc.
Every item has a number. There are 87 animals and insects. If you include creatures and enemies, its 197 total. After that is materials and others (others being ores). After that is weapons, shields and bows.

There is only an increase of game completion percentage after you beat the game. I was at 44% and after completing compendium I'm at 59%. The compendium is only 15% of the game.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
So I'm still enjoying this game but what's up with these hot spots? like Gerudo desert and some other place with a tower it gets broiling hot and I can't accomplish anything. I'm in Gerudo right now and I've only ever found one mushroom that helps me deal with the hot weather otherwise I'm a freaking lobster! Pretty annoying.
Also combat seems only serviceable, I went into a combat shrine literally broke all my weapons on the guardian and got killed.... not very fun, not to mention the slow down during fights when you have a gang of enemies attacking you. I was in one place and these dude were 1 shotting me when I had 6 hearts :dahell: and I would beat on them for ages and nothing, then they dropped weapons in the teens :dahell: how does that work?
Thats why you either get the voe costume in Gerudo town, or wear tranny vai outfit or use meals or camp and go at night.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps

You need to find some heat (and cold) resistant armors. Also, locate some fairy springs to update your armor's defense levels.

With guardians, you need to learn to parry their attacks. Raise your shield (any kind), and right when they shoot their beams, hit the A button to reflect it back at them. The more distance you have the better, as it will give you more time to counter the attack after they fire it.

Last edited:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah you need to counter lasers

And do the slomo arrow in their eye from the wind rising

I've always tipped them over with a horse then cut there legs off. Thats how I beat my very first one with 3 hearts and now that I'm deep in the game of still find it the easiest

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I did the 3 labyrinths (all shockingly easy) and the island challenge (huge pain in the ass).

Do I get to fight the two huge dragons or do I just watch them go by without touching them?

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
So after 145 hours of game play, I finally took down Ganon. The end scene has made me come to the conclusion...

That Japan really wanted Zelda to be a pawg :deadrose:

This game is so beautiful. Truly allows you to maximize it anyway you want. It literally allows you to avoid everything and get to Ganon, or go through the castle like a normal casual player, which I did, and was surprised the ruined inside of the castle was pretty spacious. Saw all that proper weapons had me like :ohlawd: jackpot. Found a random spot where the cage locked and a random beast appeared. Had to hit him with the ":dahell: bytch, I got ancient bow, ancient arrows, and the master sword, you ain't fukking with me this time" Hit him one time with an arrow and carried on.

I'm not sure, but I think this is the ugliest Ganon has ever looked, might be he last time we face him. And the bring on an entirely new enemy for the next game. He killed me several times because I was trying to face him without healing. But I beat him a little while ago. His final form was fun, and looked cool. Amazing feeling in handheld mode for that fight.

Amazing game. :banderas: