The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Switch/Wii U | Out Now

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
these shrine missions are wearing me down that must be what it is. some of em are tedious as fukk. this bytch is making out with an sheikah ball on the beach and won't let go until i show her photos of guardian. fukking weird ass creepy bytch i wish Link would just kick that bytch off of it
@Styles

Ive completed roughly 60 shrines which to be honest you only need about 50 to before you start whooping the games ass on this mode.

This game teaches you how you're supposed to play. For instance, I was having 30 minute battles at the major tests of strength because I was getting my ass whooped because I didnt know how to dodge and flurry. I could avoid attacks and get hits in and eventually win, but continuing to play like that turned me off to those shrines nearly all together. It wasnt until i began playing like they intended you to that now, I love those battles, I always win I dont even get hit but they put up a tough fight. The game rewards you when you do it right.

Hell you get 2 prizes whenever you beat one of the main four bosses- I felt like I earned them and not that I deserved them but they were warranted. Had I just beat the boss and got something cheap aka the powers you're given I would have been like fukk this im skipping to ganon, but the heart, the power then the gift from whomever sent you is well worth it in my opinion.

Ever single set up of bad guys has a certain way its designed for you to get the drop and kill them all, some you have to sneak up on and kill silently, some you have to shoot the exploding barrel, some you have to lure them out 1 by 1, theres a certain way but no wrong way to do it.

theres more than one ending, if you didnt know. It might not change the core gameplay but just running to ganon and managing to win isnt the end of the game. it doesnt put the story together.

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
Dannnnng, brehs. So I was on Spring Break all last week. And I've been coming home from work and going straight to Zelda this week. So today, I stepped on the scale and...yikes.

:flabbynsick::flabbynsick::flabbynsick::flabbynsick:

It's only a three pound gain, but DAMN. Game hasn't been out but three weeks!

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
can you fight yiga blademasters again after beating chief kohga? didn't see anymore after the battle.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Link dies in the most hilarious ways in this game sometimes. I was trying to get up on these monster's turf, and get the chest. I was having fun killing them in unique ways, setting bombs and using the magnet to hit them with the metal box. This turf looked like one of those bases you have to walk up steps to get to the top.

This big mother fukker came charging at me and had no weapon from what I remember, dude just gave me one kick :deadrose:right off the damn base and I fell hit the ground and continued to roll till I died. :mjlol: ol link looked like a damn rag doll by the time he stopped rolling.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
My issue became the fights are more about button timing for shield bashes and perfect dodges than hearts. The whole main quest can be done with the default stamina amount.

The excessive shrines become meaningless after you get enough hearts for the master sword there's no reason to keep doing them. There's no good character progression in the game. You don't really become stronger because when I had 14 hearts even with +5 more from food I was still dying in 2-3 hits from many enemies.

The weapons break so loot doesn't mean as much when it becomes disposable. Once I was strong enough to beat the game that was the only real reward the game offered that felt worth it so I beat Ganon and tossed it aside. I got past 50 hours before the magic wore off and I realized so much of what I was doing was meaningless.

Cooking good meals is more important than the upgrades you earn.

I think for a sequel they should abandon disposable weapons, have more real dungeons, and make upgrading your character feel more rewarding. I would also like a antagonist with a personality, more mandatory story and some linear design to the point where the story has at least some impact and better developed supporting characters.

The games modular open design is as much a gift as it is a curse since do much of the optional stuff is somewhat repetitive in design because everyone might not do it and things have to work for people that do all if it, some of it, or none of it. It limits how important a role anything can play if it's all optional.

Better voice acting and more voiced scenes would also be nice. Mostly though I think the game needs about 25 hours of mandatory linear content then the rest can be optional and make the dungeons required.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
can you fight yiga blademasters again after beating chief kohga? didn't see anymore after the battle.

Yes. Those big motherfukkers pop up outta nowhere. I was fighting a lynel and one of the big yiga ninjas popped up.....i had to run

My issue became the fights are more about button timing for shield bashes and perfect dodges than hearts. The whole main quest can be done with the default stamina amount.

The excessive shrines become meaningless after you get enough hearts for the master sword there's no reason to keep doing them. There's no good character progression in the game. You don't really become stronger because when I had 14 hearts even with +5 more from food I was still dying in 2-3 hits from many enemies.

The weapons break so loot doesn't mean as much when it becomes disposable. Once I was strong enough to beat the game that was the only real reward the game offered that felt worth it so I beat Ganon and tossed it aside. I got past 50 hours before the magic wore off and I realized so much of what I was doing was meaningless.

Cooking good meals is more important than the upgrades you earn.

I think for a sequel they should abandon disposable weapons, have more real dungeons, and make upgrading your character feel more rewarding. I would also like a antagonist with a personality, more mandatory story and some linear design to the point where the story has at least some impact and better developed supporting characters.

The games modular open design is as much a gift as it is a curse since do much of the optional stuff is somewhat repetitive in design because everyone might not do it and things have to work for people that do all if it, some of it, or none of it. It limits how important a role anything can play if it's all optional.

Better voice acting and more voiced scenes would also be nice. Mostly though I think the game needs about 25 hours of mandatory linear content then the rest can be optional and make the dungeons required.

I agree with everything except the voice acting. It was alright for what it was. They did a little voice acting then filled in the rest with text dialogue I prefer that.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Yes. Those big motherfukkers pop up outta nowhere. I was fighting a lynel and one of the big yiga ninjas popped up.....i had to run

I agree with everything except the voice acting. It was alright for what it was. They did a little voice acting then filled in the rest with text dialogue I prefer that.
u can kill em with a rock :troll:

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Found a switch at GameStop today :wow:

Called right on my lunch break cause I read online GameStop may be getting a new shipment this week. He's like man I just got the pallet I don't even know how many are on it is come right now if you even want a chance.

I get in and there's a line I'm instantly mjcry face.

I wait in the line while everyone in front of me cops one. My turn I'm like all out?

He's like naw I got one. I cop Zelda and the switch as I'm walkin out I hear him tell the guy behind me

"Sorry he got the last one" :banderas: my box was labeled number 4 too :mjlol:

Gonna try this shyt out tonight.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Found a switch at GameStop today :wow:

Called right on my lunch break cause I read online GameStop may be getting a new shipment this week. He's like man I just got the pallet I don't even know how many are on it is come right now if you even want a chance.

I get in and there's a line I'm instantly mjcry face.

I wait in the line while everyone in front of me cops one. My turn I'm like all out?

He's like naw I got one. I cop Zelda and the switch as I'm walkin out I hear him tell the guy behind me

"Sorry he got the last one" :banderas: my box was labeled number 4 too :mjlol:

Gonna try this shyt out tonight.
welcome to the set breh u in for greatness u got the grey joint ?

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
welcome to the set breh u in for greatness u got the grey joint ?
Yea grey joint. I'm a Nintendo stan from back in the day. Last Nintendo shyt I really played was wii sports though lol.

Hey anyone know if the the original Xenoblade will be playable on the switch?