The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Switch/Wii U | Out Now

L@CaT

For Hire Gunslinger!
Daps
It doesn't suck but it's a game that has enough flaws so the perfect scores it got are questionable. When I beat the game I had like 14 hearts and most enemies could still down me in about the same amount of hits as at the beginning of the game. I would even eat meals that game me 5 extra ones and it didn't matter.

You're told that doing the shrines is supposed to make your character stronger. Having 19 hearts with the temps and getting in fights with enemies I'd die so fast Mipha's grace would kick in before I noticed to pause for food. Some of the boss battles I spent just as much time browsing the menus for a new weapon because one broke or browsing for food due to depleted hearts as I spent fighting the bosses. That's until I got the Master Sword which can't break in boss fights.

When I play a game and it's getting all these 10/10s perfection is expected. This isn't perfect it's a very good game with a fair amount of nagging issues and questionable design choices that add up to something that if a reviewer chooses to ignore and still give it a perfect score that it's obvious they did it to push a certain narrative.

It's like Jim said you do work to get some of these shrine chest and inside is a breakable weapon that might last a couple encounters if that. It got so bad I'd get in fights with enemies that can kill me in 2 hits and they'd drop their weapon and I'd pick it up and it would break before it even killed them sometimes. The least they could do is show you how long the weapons could last or alow you to repair them yourselves. The breakable bows are really weird. What type of bow could a person shoot 10-15 arrows out of and have it explode?

I agree Horizon zero dawn is the better game :troll:

The_Unchosen_One

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis
I give 0 fukks about what anyone says in their reviews... This game is fukking flawless!

Those that wanna bytch about weapons breaking... It adds more to the game... you don't just sit with one weapon the whole game... Since launch I've played every night... hunting down shrines, towers, and deku seeds to increase my inventory slots and shyt.

I've put at least 40-50 hours on this pro controller and only charged it once :banderas:

Sony and Microsoft should take some fukking notes on how to build a controller that holds a damn charge... :ufdup:

Wavebird/Switch Pro Controller >>>>>>>>>>>>PS4/Xbox Controller

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It doesn't suck but it's a game that has enough flaws so the perfect scores it got are questionable. When I beat the game I had like 14 hearts and most enemies could still down me in about the same amount of hits as at the beginning of the game. I would even eat meals that game me 5 extra ones and it didn't matter.

You're told that doing the shrines is supposed to make your character stronger. Having 19 hearts with the temps and getting in fights with enemies I'd die so fast Mipha's grace would kick in before I noticed to pause for food. Some of the boss battles I spent just as much time browsing the menus for a new weapon because one broke or browsing for food due to depleted hearts as I spent fighting the bosses. That's until I got the Master Sword which can't break in boss fights.

When I play a game and it's getting all these 10/10s perfection is expected. This isn't perfect it's a very good game with a fair amount of nagging issues and questionable design choices that add up to something that if a reviewer chooses to ignore and still give it a perfect score that it's obvious they did it to push a certain narrative.

It's like Jim said you do work to get some of these shrine chest and inside is a breakable weapon that might last a couple encounters if that. It got so bad I'd get in fights with enemies that can kill me in 2 hits and they'd drop their weapon and I'd pick it up and it would break before it even killed them sometimes. The least they could do is show you how long the weapons could last or alow you to repair them yourselves. The breakable bows are really weird. What type of bow could a person shoot 10-15 arrows out of and have it explode?
10/10 don't mean perfect.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
10/10 don't mean perfect.
That compromises the score system. If points are deducted for a game having flaws or faults then how is the highest score possible not perfection?

What's the difference between say a 9.8 and a 10 then? Something has to separate them right?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

That compromises the score system. If points are deducted for a game having flaws or faults then how is the highest score possible not perfection?

What's the difference between say a 9.8 and a 10 then? Something has to separate them right?
That's a problem with scoring systems. It's virtually impossible to create consistent scoring for games because the very nature of reviewing something is subjective. There's no real thing as objectivity.

What gels for someone else is a flaw to others. I surmise a 10/10 score from an outlet to be a game that was so good to that reviewer that the flaws(again subjective) didn't detract from the overall experience.

I'm sure we can pick apart review scores and get into semantics but review scores don't really tell you anything. Text is what's important.
As for points being deducted, again that's not a system in place for reviewers: That's just whatever arbitrary formula some reviewers use which again aren't even consistent.

The same review, Jim who gave BOTW a 7/10 gave Fallout 4 a 9.5/10.

I think game breaking, technical flaws should be pointed out e.g. severe frame rate drops, graphics corruption, etc. Trying to make out things that are subjective by nature into objective flaws by which everyone should abide by is dumb.

Even then some reviewers don't even care. In the end, reviews are pointless and only exist for bullet points on ads and for trolls/fanboys to use.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
idk where the official switch thread is but watch this vid guys

but skip to 2:20 if u wanna see the best 2 options i think ima order one but the ratings for it are kinda trash