The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Switch/Wii U | Out Now

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
Bout to grind these shrines so I can get those 13 hearts, only have 5 at the moment:mjcry:

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
On 11 hearts, 2 more to go. Only need one more stamina boost as well. Beat 2 Divine Beast out of 4(Elephant and the Volcano one). I think I'll head to the desert one next. Right now I'm in central Hyrule tryna move around these guardians to find shrines and ancient weapons. I found the Master Sword last night in the
lost forest/koroku forest by hetsu
. Thinking I might be done the main quests by next week, but months before I complete all the shrines and side quests. So much in this world to discover. This is hands down a top 3 goat video game for me. Even as I'm typing this, I just want to go play Zelda.

Last edited:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I love the town music transitions from day to night and the remixes of songs from older Zelda games. rito village my fav of the town's music so far. ain't been to gerudo, zora or goron yet.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I didn't know that I could time stop launch exploding barrels and it never occurred to me to use the trees to kill people or light grass on fire for the reasons shown in these making of videos

got damn

there's levels to this shyt!

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
about people complaining about the lack of story

well there is a story but unfortunately it falls into that trope where you have to hunt shyt down and read stuff

after you read zelda's two diaries and king rhoam's diaries you get insight on why they acted the way they did which gives them more character and puts more coherence and continuity between the memories you have to find. its actually a pretty good story once you finally get it.

just a pain in the ass to uncover

smoove157

Never Ever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I didn't know that I could time stop launch exploding barrels and it never occurred to me to use the trees to kill people or light grass on fire for the reasons shown in these making of videos

got damn

there's levels to this shyt!

how would i used the trees? explain

just got the master sword. so far only have the elephant divine beast. need to do the other 3

going on my first trip since i got the switch, excited to take it on the plane. got 2 of the anker batteries on deck.

found this bag in micro center last weekend.

Pixel Accessory Pouch | Digital Accessories | JanSport

had a good spot to slide the switch into, and spot to hold the joy cons and 1 of the batteries, plus some cords.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
how would i used the trees? explain

just got the master sword. so far only have the elephant divine beast. need to do the other 3

going on my first trip since i got the switch, excited to take it on the plane. got 2 of the anker batteries on deck.

found this bag in micro center last weekend.

Pixel Accessory Pouch | Digital Accessories | JanSport

had a good spot to slide the switch into, and spot to hold the joy cons and 1 of the batteries, plus some cords.
roll them downhill

they literally programmed an environmental hazard for most enemy encounters we just have to figure em out.

for example, using the enemies own campfirees or even grass fires to create fire arrows was shown in both the old school 2D Zelda prototype and breath of the wild

fukking genius and ive done this on accident myself

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I'm not beating the game until all the DLC comes out so I won't have to start all over or some shyt. I will be trying to unlock every shrine and get every korok seed and do every side quest until then... but this shyt will take a couple months because of shyt like this:

v4t9fzjeqely.jpg

From reddit

You need to drop one of each dragon scale on the top of it and shoot a fire arrow in the middle when it's 10:35am just as the sun casts a shadow that touches the other cube. This can only be on the day immediately after the bloodmoon has occurred. That will unlock a shrine but you need the blue flame to activate it. You need to have a keese catch on fire (blue flame keese) and have it follow you down with the paraglider. Make sure you don't go too fast as the keese will stop chasing, but don't go too slowly as if it hits you, the flame will go out. Get the keese to hit the torch. This will cause the shrine to pop up.

EDIT: Someone found a much easier way to do this. Just drop a chu jelly on the blue flame to create blue flamed jelly. Drop the blue flamed jelly on the torch and shoot it with an arrow.

This unlocks the extreme test of strength shrine, there is only 1 of them in the game.

I recommend taking out the lightning and bomb archers first, then drop some prime meat (it has to be prime, regular won't work) to attract the red calamity Lynels. The red calamity lynels have unique shields which instantly break your weapons (including bows) when you hit them, so you can't fight these guys at all. Once they start eating, trap them off with a cryonis rune. If they see you, they can teleport, so make they don't see you when you trap them.

Now comes the tricky part, the second you enter the next room you need to take out the lookout scouts. There are 3 of them and they will all see you the second you enter the room. Their alarms will cause the other red calamity lynels to teleport in. There isn't enough time to shoot them all with arrows. There's luckily a small cart back in the room with a hidden bee's nest in it. Shoot the rope and the cart will crash into the tower causing the scouts to flee where you can easily pick them off 1 by 1.

Now in the next room you need to take out 3 silver lynels and the 2 guardians. The doors will lock as you enter. Use a fire arrow on the grass to create an updraft so that you can use ancient arrows to kill the guardians. DO NOT use the ancient arrows on the lynels as you need the 3 keys they drop to beat the shine. You will have to wait until the next blood moon if you kill them this way. After you take out the guardians, the remaining 3 lynels are very tough to take on. You need to pretty much spam your dodge to get attacks in and watch out for their charged attacks which will one shot you.

After you unlock the 3 doors, when you enter the room an unavoidable alarm will sound which will cause the red calamity lynels to telport in. If you use magnesis to grab and open the chest on the pillar, a chicken flies out. You need to make the red calamity lynels hit the chickens. After a few hits, the chickens will start to attack the Lynels. The chickens are the only thing that can kill them. Once dead, they drop the key you need to finish the shrine

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
:yeshrug:I'm mostly in my climbing gear. The climbing in this game > uncharted imo. If i'm new in town, I'm hoodied up. Armored up if I'm going into battle.
You actually climb faster with the climbing gear, I'm loving the stat upgrades each armor has. I'm getting them all and trying to upgrade them to their max, but some of these armor upgrades require shyt I just don't wanna deal with right now (lynel parts).