The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Switch/Wii U | Out Now

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
Jim Sterling gave Breath of the Wild a 7, why anyone is surprised I don't know.
Zelda fans going hard and acting like straight cornballs.:snoop:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Jim Sterling gave Breath of the Wild a 7, why anyone is surprised I don't know.
Zelda fans going hard and acting like straight cornballs.:snoop:
My thoughts are that more people errored on the side of giving Zelda a pass for its flaws than calling it out for them. The disposable weapon system in the game is trash and to me that alone should keep it from getting a 10/10. I feel like it's a 9/10 if you really love stories in games I could see docking it another point for having a weak optional narrative a 7/10 is laughable. That's barely a good game.

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
My thoughts are that more people errored on the side of giving Zelda a pass for its flaws than calling it out for them. The disposable weapon system in the game is trash and to me that alone should keep it from getting a 10/10. I feel like it's a 9/10 if you really love stories in games I could see docking it another point for having a weak optional narrative a 7/10 is laughable. That's barely a good game.

I agree, but I don't really think there's a way to curb scores like that. We all give flawed things a pass when we enjoy them. That's why I wasn't surprised that he gave the game a lower score, he and Nintendo are at odds about YouTube. Their current situation definitely played a role in his review.

You and that fukk nikka reviewer can eat a dikk.

Zelda>>> Ya momma

1. Learn to read. My post shows my disagreement with the score.

2. Breh, that shyt is corny, adult men harassing someone over video games.:hhh:

3. :umad:

Ronald

Daps
jim sterling doesnt like nintendo, hes been shytting on em for a while

also he thinks twilight princess is the best zelda game, and botw shyts on that easily

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I read Sterling's review and he called the game out for it's flaws. The bs stamina meter and slow climbing limited running to make it matter, the breakable weapons that you're lucky if they survive 2-3 enemies, the constant pausing of gameplay to have to navigate cumbersome inventory menus and the heats that don't matter because as you get more of them the game ups the enemy damage so most enemies still kill you in 2-3 hits. He also basically said the dungeons are 4 shrine puzzles glued together instead of real dungeons. I don't agree with his final score but he kept it realer than many.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I read Sterling's review and he called the game out for it's flaws. The bs stamina meter and slow climbing limited running to make it matter, the breakable weapons that you're lucky if they survive 2-3 enemies, the constant pausing of gameplay to have to navigate cumbersome inventory menus and the heats that don't matter because as you get more of them the game ups the enemy damage so most enemies still kill you in 2-3 hits. He also basically said the dungeons are 4 shrine puzzles glued together instead of real dungeons. I don't agree with his final score but he kept it realer than many.
Slant gave it a 6/10.

I guess the REAL, OBJECTIVE reviewers are starting to finally show out and spill the beans on this "masterpiece". I knew it always sucked.

Horizon is saved guys :troll:

No, one to two scores shouldn't matter at all to anyone. There's always going to be a reviewer that doesn't like something as much as the others. of course this will give ammo to trolls and stans so they can use his dislikes to "prove" their arguments. It's so fukking stupid LMAO. One person's "flaws" or dislikes shouldn't automatically be seen as truth facts or objective flaws. That's just the persons opinion in which their the minority.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
C6v7iCCWsAInPu3.jpg
:mjlol:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Slant gave it a 6/10.

I guess the REAL, OBJECTIVE reviewers are starting to finally show out and spill the beans on this "masterpiece". I knew it always sucked.

Horizon is saved guys :troll:

No, one to two scores shouldn't matter at all to anyone. There's always going to be a reviewer that doesn't like something as much as the others. of course this will give ammo to trolls and stans so they can use his dislikes to "prove" their arguments. It's so fukking stupid LMAO. One person's "flaws" or dislikes shouldn't automatically be seen as truth facts or objective flaws. That's just the persons opinion in which their the minority.
It doesn't suck but it's a game that has enough flaws so the perfect scores it got are questionable. When I beat the game I had like 14 hearts and most enemies could still down me in about the same amount of hits as at the beginning of the game. I would even eat meals that game me 5 extra ones and it didn't matter.

You're told that doing the shrines is supposed to make your character stronger. Having 19 hearts with the temps and getting in fights with enemies I'd die so fast Mipha's grace would kick in before I noticed to pause for food. Some of the boss battles I spent just as much time browsing the menus for a new weapon because one broke or browsing for food due to depleted hearts as I spent fighting the bosses. That's until I got the Master Sword which can't break in boss fights.

When I play a game and it's getting all these 10/10s perfection is expected. This isn't perfect it's a very good game with a fair amount of nagging issues and questionable design choices that add up to something that if a reviewer chooses to ignore and still give it a perfect score that it's obvious they did it to push a certain narrative.

It's like Jim said you do work to get some of these shrine chest and inside is a breakable weapon that might last a couple encounters if that. It got so bad I'd get in fights with enemies that can kill me in 2 hits and they'd drop their weapon and I'd pick it up and it would break before it even killed them sometimes. The least they could do is show you how long the weapons could last or alow you to repair them yourselves. The breakable bows are really weird. What type of bow could a person shoot 10-15 arrows out of and have it explode?