The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild is Arcadium's GOTY

Arcadium GOTY

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Horizon easily. In a gaming market crowded with sequels and reboots horizon came as a fresh ip and had folks comparing it to witcher 3. Horizon is something fresh and fun this year that's why it wins with me.
I've played persona games, I've played Mario games, I've played legend of zelda and while these games were fun they didn't feel fresh. They felt like great updates to series with already great games. But horizon was something different. And it was great. All 68 hours was great.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
I've bought a lot of games this year, but only played a few. I barely played Zelda BOW, I'm 1/4 of the way through Horizon, I literally just started persona 5, nier automata still in cellophane, Nioh still in cellophane, just started cuphead, etc. It's hard to pick a GOTY since I barely played much. Also I don't have a switch yet so I can rate Mario.

I'll have to come back next year with my pick.

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
Horizon easily. In a gaming market crowded with sequels and reboots horizon came as a fresh ip and had folks comparing it to witcher 3. Horizon is something fresh and fun this year that's why it wins with me.
I've played persona games, I've played Mario games, I've played legend of zelda and while these games were fun they didn't feel fresh. They felt like great updates to series with already great games. But horizon was something different. And it was great. All 68 hours was great.

Zelda didn't feel fresh? It's completely different from the past Zelda games.

Guarantee if Ubisoft made Horizon nikkas would not be calling it GOTY

Guarantee if Horizon was multiplatform no one would notice it. This is Killzone 2 all over again. Folks going overboard with the praise because 'it's on my system!'

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Zelda didn't feel fresh? It's completely different from the past Zelda games.

Guarantee if Horizon was multiplatform no one would notice it. This is Killzone 2 all over again. Folks going overboard with the praise because 'it's on my system!'
Not to me it wasnt. It felt like twilight princess but now you can climb everything.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I'm all aboard the Horizon train. Even if people want to say BoTW is better on the gamplay end, the graphics and story from Horizon still win out.

I'd love to say that Xenoblade 2 is GoTY, but with the technical issues I just can't say that in good faith. Its the best RPG of the year easily though.

Persona 5 though? Right along with For Honor and Destiny 2 its probably one of the most disappointing games I've played this year. If there ever was a monument to style over substance in regards to gaming, it has to be Persona 5. That game isn't even bad. Its still pretty good. But by the end you're just flat out drained and struggling to find one single thing in that package that makes you give a fukk.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is this tedious little faggit still bytching about Horizon. One year later and dude is still ' :mjcry: bu-bu-bu AssCreed'. :deadmanny:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
What is your game of the year
I am 640 hours into The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild so it gets my vote. The game is beautiful, the music is epic, the world is alive, the puzzles are mind-candy and the magic, elemental and weather physics system is the most intellectually appeasing gameplay mechanic of all time.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
It's amazing how a single company made 2 GOTY titles. Think about the significance of that. Yet folks still shyt on Nintendo.
I have not encountered this amount of hate offline or even on most other sites. It's seems like it's only a small handful of people with loud voices echoing from their basement. The portability and convenience of the Switch does not attract people who don't leave the house or have anyone to play with.