The Legend of Korra

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
Am I the only one who doesn't think Kuvira is the villain? It seems too transparent to have the final villain introduced in the manner that they've introduced her.

It does seem a bit heavy-handed so here's hoping they go in a different direction and throw everyone off.

Decided to start catching up today. I'm up to Avatar Wan's story. :ohhh:

Wan the GAWD.

Those two episodes highlighted what they could really do and made the rest of that season worse by comparison.

Supercoolmayo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Master Roshi's Island

korrapowered:

I’m really pleased with the choice to have Kuvira wear gloves. It seems like a small detail but it actually gives a great deal of insight into the character herself

• She’s an earthbender who literally doesn’t want to touch earth. Contrast this with the rough and tumble ways of all the ATLA earthbenders, many of whom did not even wear shoes.
  • This sign of her fastidious nature makes her extreme proficiency in metalbending perfectly natural. Like Guru Pathik told Aang, metal is simply earth that has been purified and refined. It’s no surprise that Kuvira would be attracted to the ”purer” and more controlled metal as a weapon.
  • And of course there is the symbolism of her using a gloved hand to force the governor into signing what amounts to the type of dirty ”protection” contract seen in many broken societies—Kuvira is essentially a warlord but she truly believes in her image as ”The Great Uniter” and the necessity of her own power. This is a deeper sense of purpose and surety than even Azula displayed, which sets her in direct contrast to the wayward and under-confident Korra.

Well goddamn. I don't know what to do with this information

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
:dead: @ Zaheer stringing up Korra like Hannibal Lecter.

Looks like out of all the villains introduced Zaheer has the best motive.

EDIT: Spoke too early, Earth Queen got that bytch :lupe:

Last edited:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
:damn: @ the closed casket death they gave P'li

Zaheer can fly now! :krs: Aang should have listened to his own guru master.

Katara The Last Avatar :lupe:

:manny:

I'm down with that.

Last edited:

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
the way kuvira was metal bending, throwing the shyt off her suit :wow: they come up with some creative ass fight scenes on this show :whew: oh and she most definitely had them ppl rob opel and ol boy to get the dude to sign the contract and there aint a doubt in my mind about that....wtf did that poison do to korra tho :to: she used to only get that work against the top dudes now she losing to random earth benders :mjcry: no wonder she nvr showed up at air temple

Korra's back already and nobody @'d me :damn::pacspit: :sadbron:

I forgive ya'll. Time to catch up.:datazz:

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
my baby korra didn't deserve all that:mjcry:

she got PTSD and avatar state korra seems to be a manifestation of her lost connection to Ravaa

toph is looking a little rough though:huhldup:

Toph is in this next episode? Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ---- man, too bad can't stream on the road.