The Legend of Korra

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Since Season 4 is supposed to be the last, I hope they go all out with the body catching :blessed:

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
that scene with the 3 remaining people of zaheer's group all turning into the bad guys of seasons past and the look Korra had gave me the creeps.

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
I haven't been in this thread in a minute. Quotes out the ass.

I do sense some Goku level parenting here :ehh:

I actually enjoy that they didn't make the characters into the best parents ever. Cause one, it makes sense Aang would focus on Tenzin being as they're the only two airbenders in the world. And two, we knew them when they were 12 to 16 (zuko). Just cause they were cool as children does not make them good parents.

When you think about it, Aang didn't really do much fighting though. He was a pacifist....he did hella running and defensive techniques. He got worked by Azula, Phoenix King Ozai, Zuko...Appa got snatched..

Korra's just hella arrogant and can be manipulated by stroking her ego, but I don't think Aang would last in their modern society.

This is what bothers me about her character so much. It's like she never has any ideas of her own. She'll turn on a dime if someone says someone else is doing something wrong. Also I will never get over her threatening that judge. That shyt still blows my mind thinking about it.

breh im watching the last airbender as i type this (skipped book 1 cuz its trash, near the end of book 2) i havent seen Aang do shyt yet, only time he's dun something is in the avatar state...every time he run into zuko sister he get that work...korra fought zaheer with her hands and feet chained and put up a better fight then Aang did against zuko sister :heh:....i tell u wat tho they improved on the fighting ten fold in the korra series cuz besides toph nobody's fighting in this series impresses me (including the villains so far)

How do you skip the establishing season of a series? lol. This is how people end up lost and asking questions. It's certainly not the best but it's far from trash.

Annnd that was the point of Aang. He was a damn monk his whole life meaning he'd choose a way to not fight if he could. He was also incredibly inexperienced which was the point of the series and part of his journey.

Korra, on the other hand, started training from age 4 and showed an aptitude for everything but air.

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps

This is a kids' show :mindblown:

Since Season 4 is supposed to be the last, I hope they go all out with the body catching :blessed:

I'm glad they go far past what people think a show on Nick would. I finally introduced it to my moms last week cause she loved ATLA.

And I'm hoping that they keep it all online for the fourth season so they can get away with even more shyt.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
How do you skip the establishing season of a series? lol. This is how people end up lost and asking questions. It's certainly not the best but it's far from trash.

Annnd that was the point of Aang. He was a damn monk his whole life meaning he'd choose a way to not fight if he could. He was also incredibly inexperienced which was the point of the series and part of his journey.

Korra, on the other hand, started training from age 4 and showed an aptitude for everything but air.
:dahell: negro i've seen the show beforehand i was just revisiting it since i was still fiending for some bending fights....i already knew the first season was booty so no point in me starting with that....him being a monk and inexperienced dont have shyt to do with ppl in this thread acting like Aang straight tore thru mufukkas in the show....as bad as they talk about korra in here u would think Aang had Ws all throughout the other series :beli: when in fact he pretty much only beat zuko daddy and fuk'd up some boats in the avatar state :ld:

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
:dahell: negro i've seen the show beforehand i was just revisiting it since i was still fiending for some bending fights....i already knew the first season was booty so no point in me starting with that....him being a monk and inexperienced dont have shyt to do with ppl in this thread acting like Aang straight tore thru mufukkas in the show....as bad as they talk about korra in here u would think Aang had Ws all throughout the other series :beli: when in fact he pretty much only beat zuko daddy and fuk'd up some boats in the avatar state :ld:

Haha, my bad. I thought you were one of those season 3 of GoT "Who's Joffrey?" types.

I still hold it that that season's not bad, tho.

I'm pretty sure Korra has been talked about so badly is cause they've had a hard time writing that character, in my opinion. Which leads her to be all over the place.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
When you think about it, Aang didn't really do much fighting though. He was a pacifist....he did hella running and defensive techniques. He got worked by Azula, Phoenix King Ozai, Zuko...Appa got snatched..

Korra's just hella arrogant and can be manipulated by stroking her ego, but I don't think Aang would last in their modern society.
She's just like young Naruto, who also is always rushing into battle due to arrogance. The difference is that usually Naruto ends up learning something about his opponent to beat them. This bytch don't learn shyt.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
She's just like young Naruto, who also is always rushing into battle due to arrogance. The difference is that usually Naruto ends up learning something about his opponent to beat them. This bytch don't learn shyt.
Naruto has plot and talk no jutsu stop playin lmao

• Dap
Reactions: EA

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
article is 2 years old, but it's the first time I heard about it.
THE LEGEND OF KORRA: THE MOVIE?
Paramount pushes for new animated feature films.Mary Parentand J.J. Abrams will oversee. What's more, Paramount chief Brad Grey has been tasked with hitting up its sister division Nickelodeon for animated properties including The Legend of Korra, Dora the Explorer and Monkey Quest.

According to Variety, Paramount has stated that they want to keep budgets around $100 million or less, similar to features like Despicable Me and the latest installment of Ice Age.

Of course, the most exciting prospect here for many of us is a Korra movie, which would mark Nick's second attempt at bringing its Avatar franchise to the big screen. M. Night Shyamalan's live-action film The Last Airbender was widely disdained by critics and fans alike, so a shift towards animated features that continue the TV series makes sense.

But what say you? Do you think the Avatar series is up for another go in theaters? Let us hear your thoughts in the comments below!
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/17/the-legend-of-korra-the-movie

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
I was listening to the nerdist writers panel podcast with the creators of the show on it, good stuff
http://nerdistwriters.libsyn.com/rss

They talked about some of the technical aspects when making the show and some of the fan theories about why the show got moved, etc.

One of them mentioned being a big fan of Cowboy Bebop and said he had an idea for a show that would be Peanuts (comic strip) meets Fooly Cooly :lupe:

Soundwave

No Known Weaknesses
Supporter
Daps

This is a kids' show :mindblown:

Let's think about the "graphic" deaths we've seen in this series thus far (feel free to mention any that I may have missed):

- Tarrlok's murder/suicide with Amon
- P'lii's head blowing up
- Aiwei falling into the abyss never to be seen again
- the Earth Queen getting the air sucked out of her

A kids show :wow: