The Legend of Korra

TheFryingDutchman

Grad School is killing me:damn:
Daps
That gotta tone down all the shipping. I aint trying to watch a bunch of love triangles again:stopitslime:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
That gotta tone down all the shipping. I aint trying to watch a bunch of love triangles again:stopitslime:

Yeah I agree, they can miss me with all the love triangles.

I'm looking forward to the flashback of the first Avatar though. And I'm hoping old Zuko shows up at some point. The promotional materials confirmed that he's still alive during LoK. He'd be in his late 80s. :lupe:

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
Was reading a comment on Kotaku that claimed that they've been greenlit for 3 new books including book 2 which I have to say I'm pretty thankful for.

While I enjoyed some of the fan service and have great hopes for the show, it was flawed as hell for the short time they packed all of that shyt into it. Korra seems more like a fully realized Avatar than a student who should be training. I guess that could be explained away by her personality or whatever. Roku didn't even become proficient until he was well up there in age after leaving the fire nation.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Was reading a comment on Kotaku that claimed that they've been greenlit for 3 new books including book 2 which I have to say I'm pretty thankful for.

While I enjoyed some of the fan service and have great hopes for the show, it was flawed as hell for the short time they packed all of that shyt into it. Korra seems more like a fully realized Avatar than a student who should be training. I guess that could be explained away by her personality or whatever. Roku didn't even become proficient until he was well up there in age after leaving the fire nation.

Think about it though.

Usually people find out that they're the Avatar at age 16, like Roku did. Aang ended up finding out a couple of years earlier out of circumstance, and even then it took him a while to master everything.

Then you got Korra, who was already fire/earth/water bending at like four years old on some "I'm the Avatar, you gotta deal with it" shyt.

So I guess my point is, Korra is already much more experienced (at bending) than Avatars usually are at that age. She's already been bending in multiple styles for 13+ years, whereas most Avatars at her age would've just found out they were the Avatar a year ago.

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
Think about it though.

Usually people find out that they're the Avatar at age 16, like Roku did. Aang ended up finding out a couple of years earlier out of circumstance, and even then it took him a while to master everything.

Then you got Korra, who was already fire/earth/water bending at like four years old on some "I'm the Avatar, you gotta deal with it" shyt.

So I guess my point is, Korra is already much more experienced (at bending) than Avatars usually are at that age. She's already been bending in multiple styles for 13+ years, whereas most Avatars at her age would've just found out they were the Avatar a year ago.

Yeah, I meant to mention that. That's my problem with it though, it just seems shoehorned in like a lot of the other things. You could write it off as her being a bending prodigy but it just didn't feel right. I need to give the series a rewatch though because I watched it week by week last year and it's been a while. She bugged me as a character but there were a lot of things that bugged me, as I keep mentioning, so I hope they'll have time to attack it across a wider timeline like they did with the OG.

datmass

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They gotta address some unanswered questions from Avatar in season 2. I'm sure it has no real relevance but what the hell happened to Zuko's mom? :wtf: When they ended Avatar like that I was :ohhh: :damn: shyt been bugging me since. I need to know :sadcam:

it's a 3 book series, i do wish it got animated....

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Yeah, I meant to mention that. That's my problem with it though, it just seems shoehorned in like a lot of the other things. You could write it off as her being a bending prodigy but it just didn't feel right. I need to give the series a rewatch though because I watched it week by week last year and it's been a while. She bugged me as a character but there were a lot of things that bugged me, as I keep mentioning, so I hope they'll have time to attack it across a wider timeline like they did with the OG.

I mean the whole premise of the first season was Aang had to learn the different philosophies behind each style, that was pretty much the story (along with the spirit world ish) up until the final battle

if they tried to do the whole "she's gotta learn the elements" thing again it would just seem like a lazy ripoff of the original story

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
I mean the whole premise of the first season was Aang had to learn the different philosophies behind each style, that was pretty much the story (along with the spirit world ish) up until the final battle

if they tried to do the whole "she's gotta learn the elements" thing again it would just seem like a lazy ripoff of the original story

Yeah I thought of that too which made me wonder where they're going from here on out. I would love to see outside of republic city and the southern water tribe to see how the rest of the world advanced along with those places.

It was just too cramped for my liking is all. I have the usual gripes as most people though. The love triangles, not exploring the non-bender/bender thing better and an ending that seemed too neat.

When I first saw the trailer for book 1, I was undoubtedly hyped. And while I'm trying to temper my expectations this go round, I'm still pretty excited.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Yeah I thought of that too which made me wonder where they're going from here on out. I would love to see outside of republic city and the southern water tribe to see how the rest of the world advanced along with those places.

It was just too cramped for my liking is all. I have the usual gripes as most people though. The love triangles, not exploring the non-bender/bender thing better and an ending that seemed too neat.

When I first saw the trailer for book 1, I was undoubtedly hyped. And while I'm trying to temper my expectations this go round, I'm still pretty excited.

if the dumbass network had guaranteed them more than one season im sure they would've had the non-bender vs. bender thing worldwide across multiple books and we would have seen the different changes in all of the areas but they weren't confident enough i guess :yeshrug:

no we gotta deal with spirit world fukkery and possibly another war between different nations

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hopefully we get a beach episode with Korra like they did Zuko's girls.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yeah, you guys can forget them dropping the shipping.

That's the whole other half of the franchise :heh:
She's gonna date Mako so why bother? I typically hate love triangles in series because there's always a clear winner and the melodrama is usually a waste of time as it is here.