The Legend of Korra

Daps
Reppin
Cali
They gotta address some unanswered questions from Avatar in season 2. I'm sure it has no real relevance but what the hell happened to Zuko's mom? :wtf: When they ended Avatar like that I was :ohhh: :damn: shyt been bugging me since. I need to know :sadcam:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
every time this thread gets upped i keep hoping for a date and every time it doesn't happen.

Batz

The Freaks Come out At Night
Daps
every time this thread gets upped i keep hoping for a date and every time it doesn't happen.

Hopefully they'll announce the date at comic-con. I believe the big guns will be showed there.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Legend of Korra - Book 2 - Coming in September 2013

Lots of info and images coming from SDCC, we'll have more posts about them soon.

For now, here's the bit of info everyone wanted to know -- the release date for Book 2. It's coming out in September 2013.

And here's the Book 2 trailer!

It's also confirmed that there will be a flashback to the OG Avatar.

Wan, the First Avatar

For many years, fans of ATLA and TLOK have wondered how the Avatar cycle began. Who was the first Avatar? Did the spirits choose this person? If so, then why or how? Did the Avatar predate bending, or did bending exist first? How did the Avatar State work for the first Avatar, if there were no previous Avatars to lend their knowledge and experience?

So far we've only learned bits and pieces of this story; in particular, we know that humans learned bending from the first benders (badgermoles, dragons, sky bison, and the moon), and we also know that in the era before the Avatar, the elements were not bended but rather people (or creatures?) manipulated energy itself. But we still didn't know anything concrete about the origin of the Avatar cycle, nor about the first Avatar. Fortunately this will change very soon!

Wired.com has reported that we'll get some answers to these questions during the episodes titled Beginnings 1 & 2 during Book 2 of The Legend of Korra. The image on the top-right of this post (click for fullsize) is a picture of Wan, the very first Avatar, who lived 10,000 years before Korra's time.

Wan, voiced by Steven Yeun, was a teenage explorer and skilled bender, and his quest to bring balance between mankind and the spirits led to him becoming the first Avatar. Right off the bat, two of our questions are answered -- now we know who was the first Avatar, and we know that bending came first. I imagine that many more questions will be answered during those two episodes. Book 2 of The Legend of Korra sounds more and more exciting with every bit of new info we get!

See the Wired article for more details; for further discussion, visit this thread in our forums.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The first Avatar:

LegendofKorra_Wan_SteveYeun.jpg

Pretty curious to see his flashback. :ehh: