The Legend of Korra

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
I'm glad that Lin got her earth bending back because she was one of the best characters on the show. She lives up to her mother's name. I actually liked the show more when the cast travels the world and gets into all kinds of different adventures.

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
Wow this finale was dope...... but that ending man.... :smh:
I think it'd have been better if Korra just had the Air Bending and Avatar state
Her healing :snoop: :smh:
Tarlock merking himself and his brother was :ohmy: though

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
:ohlawd: Man my fukking DVR ain't record this shyt!

Is there somewhere I can stream online? Only have an ipad

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Wow this finale was dope...... but that ending man.... :smh:
I think it'd have been better if Korra just had the Air Bending and Avatar state
Her healing :snoop: :smh:
Tarlock merking himself and his brother was :ohmy: though

C'mon breh, If the Avatar can take your bending away then it's not far fetched he/she would be able to give it back to you. :manny:

Plus it would be lame for us to go through the whole learning the elements plot device again. Korra is the opposite of Aang where her weaknesses are all spiritual.

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
C'mon breh, If the Avatar can take your bending away then it's not far fetched he/she be would be able to give it back to you. :manny:

Plus it would be lame for us to go through the whole learning the elements plot device again. Korra is the opposite of Aang where her weaknesses are all spiritual.

Yeah but having everyone get there bending back seems like it made the whole season trivial I'd have like to see them deal with the long term consequences of not being able to bend anymore :manny:
I mean its fine I know why they did it but I'd just like more :ehh:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Yeah but having everyone get there bending back seems like it made the whole season trivial I'd have like to see them deal with the long term consequences of not being able to bend anymore :manny:
I mean its fine I know why they did it but I'd just like more :ehh:

Well, you gotta understand, this isn't like the OG series where there were 3 seasons planned out from the start.

Legend of Korra was originally just planned as a 12-episode miniseries. It wasn't until later that Nick decided to order a second season. So at the time they were making these episodes they didn't know if there would be a Season 2, so they wanted to wrap everything up rather than risk ending on a cliffhanger that never gets resolved.

Season 2 will probably be the same, because they're going into it not knowing if it'll be the last season or not. It is what it is - cats would complain even more if the series ended on a cliffhanger and got cancelled.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I kept waiting for the avatar mode the whole series and it finally came in the last few minutes. i don't really care for how quickly everything wrapped up. i thought both seasons would be a continuation but apparently this looks like a stand alone season. i was also kinda let down by Amon's identity. just a regular guy.

all in all this was a quality season but this ain't seeing the original series. the cast of the first series was way better and between Sokka and Toph the humor was better too. i do think Korra is a better character than Aang though.

Reid2Achieve

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Was a fantastic finale. I had a couple of issues with the logic, though...

How did Korra learn airbending, AFTER Amon took her bending abilities away? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever to me. To be honest, she should have just went into the Avatar state afterwords to defeat him, then recovered the abilities in the end.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Only guess I can make is she hadn't connected with airbending at the time Amon took her bending away. Out of necessity she connected with airbending at the sight of Mako about to be hurt and have his bending take away.

Daps
I thought it was pretty dope, the fighting ain't seeing the first series at all though. I can't front like I wasn't into it though, it's just not the same as seeing aang go godmode on the fire nation nikkas though.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Was a fantastic finale. I had a couple of issues with the logic, though...

How did Korra learn airbending, AFTER Amon took her bending abilities away? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever to me. To be honest, she should have just went into the Avatar state afterwords to defeat him, then recovered the abilities in the end.

Well, she had already learned the airbending forms and techniques, she just hadn't connected with the element. So my guess is that once her connection to the other three got blocked she just did it by instinct.

Soundwave

No Known Weaknesses
Supporter
Daps
Well, she had already learned the airbending forms and techniques, she just hadn't connected with the element. So my guess is that once her connection to the other three got blocked she just did it by instinct.

"I can airbend? :dwillhuh: I CAN AIRBEND!!! :gladbron:"

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
So we just going to act like a young Amon wasn't making them wolves do the :mj: dance? :russ:

Absent the hollywood ending, that was a great episode. I'm happy kids today can watch a good cartoon flick like that. I liked the equalist storyline overall and kind of wished Amon and Tarlock was there for the second season in the background but their story was pretty much done. Wonder what villian/story they got in store now though because that was a good one.

I'd take Korra though, she reminds me of this Indian girl that was thick in the right places and was down with the it :youngsabo:

I knew there was a reason that scene had me dying laughing despite the seriousness :laugh: