The Legend of Korra

YaBoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mad I missed that episode the first. Amon literally came through & crushed the building :banderas: Imagine is some terrorists came to the superbowl & snatched Russel Wilson's abilities. That was like a darker version of Space Jame :wow:

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
Mad I missed that episode the first. Amon literally came through & crushed the building :banderas: Imagine is some terrorists came to the superbowl & snatched Russel Wilson's abilities. That was like a darker version of Space Jame :wow:
That's the only part of TLoK that I can't get with but its not their fault. Amon was too good a villain for him to just die so soon :mjcry:

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
If the creators knew that they would get more than 1 season, this whole series would played out much differently. TLA was a journey and I wish LOK was like that.
I think if they knew that the series was going to play out longer. We might not have gotten unalaq or Kuvira. The series would have been wrapped around Amon and Zaheer. Amon was so complex . his character had potential to be a recurring villain.

Once Nick saw that the first season did well, they wanted more, which lead to rushed seasons but they said they liked the mini plots so they stuck with it

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
Im not gonna say they dropped the ball on TLoK because I love it, but with better management, they could have done more with the story. Nick fukked those guys over.

I mean since 05 we pretty much knew how TLA was gonna end. The ending was going to go through Ozai. With Korra, in a 22 episode season, 4 books. Crazier shyt could have happened. More plot twists and stuff. They just didnt have room to do it. Plus Nick cut their budget, twice :scust:

YaBoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If the creators knew that they would get more than 1 season, this whole series would played out much differently. TLA was a journey and I wish LOK was like that.
Yea LOK didn't have the same build up that made TLA so :ohlawd:

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Brehs, I just got done with the first 6 episodes of TLA.

This series is better than I remembered. Aang is simping hard for Katara.

The animation:scust:

Quick character breakdowns...

zuko- angry at his pops for not accepting him and shutting out his uncle because he thinks that his uncle is soft and weak.

Iroh-trying to keep zuko safe and sabotaging the Fire Nation's plans to kill Aang (remember he is a White Lotus grand master)

Sokka- trying to understand women.:mjlol:The only one to hold down his village and maybe feeling overwhelmed.

Katara- Confused on how to protect her home, but still wanting to learn how to waterbend.

I got a quick question on the SWT. How many people were there? Was Sokka's village the only village? Or is the tribe made up or multiple different villages?

Supercoolmayo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Master Roshi's Island
Brehs, I just got done with the first 6 episodes of TLA.

This series is better than I remembered. Aang is simping hard for Katara.

The animation:scust:

Quick character breakdowns...

zuko- angry at his pops for not accepting him and shutting out his uncle because he thinks that his uncle is soft and weak.

Iroh-trying to keep zuko safe and sabotaging the Fire Nation's plans to kill Aang (remember he is a White Lotus grand master)

Sokka- trying to understand women.:mjlol:The only one to hold down his village and maybe feeling overwhelmed.

Katara- Confused on how to protect her home, but still wanting to learn how to waterbend.

I got a quick question on the SWT. How many people were there? Was Sokka's village the only village? Or is the tribe made up or multiple different villages?

What you saw of the SWT was all that was left.

It was a pretty small tribe anyway

#SOG_soldier

Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
What you saw of the SWT was all that was left.

It was a pretty small tribe anyway

Katara was the only water bender left, so I assume the Fire Nation wiped the floor with them before the series started and killed the other water benders.

How the hell was the Fire Nation so much stronger than everyone else?:ohhh:

Supercoolmayo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Master Roshi's Island
Katara was the only water bender left, so I assume the Fire Nation wiped the floor with them before the series started and killed the other water benders.

How the hell was the Fire Nation so much stronger than everyone else?:ohhh:

I'm not sure if there were any waterbenders in the tribe before all the adult males left.

The Fire Nation was winning because they had tanks, best ships, money, and way more technological advance than anyone else

They also were the most :demonic:

#SOG_soldier

Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
I'm not sure if there were any waterbenders in the tribe before all the adult males left.

The Fire Nation was winning because they had tanks, best ships, money, and way more technological advance than anyone else

They also were the most :demonic:
Just looked it up on Avatar wiki. It said that the SWT was split up into different villages at the start of the series. My guess is that the SWT was small to begin with, but a Fire raid probably killed most of the few benders that were there.

However the wiki does say that the SWT had more than just the village we saw. I guess that the connection probably weakened after Fire nation attacks. Remember the old fire nation ship that was frozen in ice. I bet some water benders from the south did that before they were taken out. Katara's mom was probably not the only one that got murked. :sadcam:

Before the ATLA started:
1. So the Fire Nation destroyed the Air Nomads.

2. Damn near destroyed the SWT

3. Started to take over the Earth Kingdom

:mjcry:

#SOG_soldier

Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Foundation and growth
Originally, the Water Tribe existed as one nation, solely based in the North Pole. However, following civil unrest, a large group of warriors, waterbenders, and healers journeyed to the South Pole to engender a new tribe.[10] The Southern Tribesmen eventually agreed to reaccept the Northern chief as their ruler, as long they were granted autonomy and their own government for internal affairs.[3] Despite this political rapprochement, the enormous geographical distance between the two sects caused them to evolve differently. Even though their cultures were still similar, as they maintained common customs and celebrations until 50 AG, the people of the North and South developed completely differently in regard of society and politics. The Southern Water Tribe was far less hierarchical than the North, enjoying a high degree of gender equality. The Southern tribesmen eventually built a massive inland city as their political and cultural center and the tribe began to prosper, even though it never reached the size and importance of the North.[10] During these years, a tradition of celebrating the Glacier Spirits Festival began, during which the people would fast and meditate, and the tribal elders would commune with the spirits as they danced in the sky to create the southern lights; it ended on the day of thewinter solstice.[13]

The Southern tribesmen also began to travel around the world. One group of Southern waterbenders discovered the Foggy Swamp in the Earth Kingdom thousands of years before the Hundred Year War. They decided to stay because of the abundant amounts of water there, engendering the Foggy Swamp Tribe in the process. However, as the Foggy Swamp tribesmen maintained isolation, the people of the South Pole never learned of these events. By the beginning of the Great War, the Southern Water Tribe had grown into a strong nation, with its capital filled with hundreds and hundreds of capable waterbenders of both men and women.[9][10]

Raids
Main article: Southern Water Tribe raids

The Fire Nation's first attack.

The Southern Tribe was almost destroyed following attacks from the Fire Nation, which started around forty years into the Hundred Year War. The Fire Nation Navyemployed a great number of firebenders and cruisers in order to capture as many waterbenders from the Southern faction as they could. By doing so, the Fire Nation hoped to destroyed all resistance in the South. Despite being outnumbered, the Southern waterbenders and nonbending warriors were able to defend themselves against the raids through fierce resistance, boasting minor victories such as successfully trapping a Fire Nation ship which eventually developed into the shipwreck. However, their determination was not enough and a systematic set of attacks eventually left Hama as the only waterbender left, prior to her eventual surrender.[9] Tribal unity declined following the capture and execution of all of waterbenders, and the central city divided into small conglomerations of tepees and igloos scattered throughout the South Pole.[10]

A Fire Nation cruiser was trapped by Southern waterbenders during the raids.

In 94 AG, the Southern Water Tribe was attacked by the Southern Raiders, an elite Fire Nation naval force assigned to raid the South Pole when ordered. They were informed that one waterbender remained in the Southern Water Tribe, and subsequently assigned to eliminate her. Knowing that the remaining waterbender was her eight-year old daughter Katara, Kya gave her life by confessing to Captain Yon Rha that she was in fact the last waterbender. Her death provided the Fire Nation with the impression that the Southern waterbending lineage had been completely eradicated, and left Katara as the sole survivor.[14]

By 99 AG, the Southern Water Tribe's unity was broken, its people spread over a collection of small villages.

In the final years of the Hundred Year War, the Southern Water Tribe was in dire straits and was teetering on the brink of extinction. The land was spiritually unbalanced as well, as the spirit portal it held had been closed up and frozen over.[13]

The Tribe's remaining population was dwindling due to Fire Nation raids and was defenseless, as its warriors had left for the Earth Kingdom to aid them against the Fire Nation. With the departure of the sole remaining waterbender, Katara, and warrior, Sokka, the tribe consisted mostly of elderly, middle-aged women, mothers and very young children.[15] After the Siege of the North, a group of waterbenders and healers from the Northern Tribe were sent to the Southern Tribe to help rebuild their sister tribe.[16]

From the WIKI. Seems that the South was almost completely done in by a fraction of the Fire Nation's forces.