The Legend of Korra

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Plus a lot of it was BS. No way that nikka from last season should have been close to has strong as he was:stopitslime:. An air bender for like a week and already a full master:dahell:? The writers need to miss me with that:camby:

Dude was already a lifelong student of airbending culture though. That's why he kept mentioning Guru Lahima all the time.

He was basically a huge airbender stan who ended up eventually becoming an airbender, of course he'd naturally be good at it. Dude spent his whole life studying airbending.

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I didn't like how she went about doing it. Think about if you are the ppl. This one 16 year old broad just basically opened a new dimension with spirit creatures and shyt. With huge wild vines wrecking buildings and sh1t and she doesn't even consult us:why:? I'd be hella pissed. She was literally like "we're doing this cause I said so. If you don't like it tough break:yeshrug:". Very dictator like imo. Too big of a decison to just do with no warning
she can't consult the whole world about it and no matter what idea you have there will be somebody against it

she's the avatar and the avatar's job is to keep balance in the world if she felt like her decision was doing that then it's in her authority to do so:manny:

also those vines were put there by vaatu I don't think it would have mattered if she kept the portals open it seems like the vines in particular were gonna be there no matter what

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Dude was already a lifelong student of airbending culture though. That's why he kept mentioning Guru Lahima all the time.

He was basically a huge airbender stan who ended up eventually becoming an airbender, of course he'd naturally be good at it. Dude spent his whole life studying airbending.
I wouldn't have been mad if he was good but this dude was on legend status in a week :stopitslime:. Was just way to fast no matter how much he was a fan imo.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
she can't consult the whole world about it and no matter what idea you have there will be somebody against it

she's the avatar and the avatar's job is to keep balance in the world if she felt like her decision was doing that then it's in her authority to do so:manny:

also those vines were put there by vaatu I don't think it would have mattered if she kept the portals open it seems like the vines in particular were gonna be there no matter what
I feel you It just didn't sit right with me:manny:

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
I wouldn't have been mad if he was good but this dude was on legend status in a week :stopitslime:. Was just way to fast no matter how much he was a fan imo.

Nah, it makes sense. He wasn't just a fan, he studied it. He knew the culture from the bottom up. The movements, the stances, the traditions, the discipline all that. His obsession directly fueled his learning capability. Zaheer is a legend.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Nah, it makes sense. He wasn't just a fan, he studied it. He knew the culture from the bottom up. The movements, the stances, the traditions, the discipline all that. His obsession directly fueled his learning capability. Zaheer is a legend.
He didn't study the movements tho. All he said was that he was a fan of his teachings and philosophies. I doubt he was practicing airbending techniques. Mentally he was a perfect airbending candidate but technique wise I felt he should have needed more training to be on that legendary level. Like he achieved something only one other air bender had ever achieved in a matter of weeks.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
He didn't study the movements tho. All he said was that he was a fan of his teachings and philosophies. I doubt he was practicing airbending techniques. Mentally he was a perfect airbending candidate but technique wise I felt he should have needed more training to be on that legendary level. Like he achieved something only one other air bender had ever achieved in a matter of weeks.
He wasnt a master airbender though. At all. Dont make it seem like he was. Tenzin was giving him work 1 on 1. He just let go of his earthly tether. Something not a lot of people can do, due to loving their families, friends, the past etc.

They took everything from him. Everything he loved. After P'Li died, he had nothing left to hold him to the world.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
He wasnt a master airbender though. At all. Dont make it seem like he was. Tenzin was giving him work 1 on 1. He just let go of his earthly tether. Something not a lot of people can do, due to loving their families, friends, the past etc.

They took everything from him. Everything he loved. After P'Li died, he had nothing left to hold him to the world.
He seemed like a master to me tbh. Was giving Korra that work

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
He seemed like a master to me tbh. Was giving Korra that work
Korra had mercury flowing though her system, and she still would have killed him when she caught his foot with the ice shot. The poison kicked in when she went for the kill. Zaheer isn't that good 1 v 1

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Korra had mercury flowing though her system, and she still would have killed him when she caught his foot with the ice shot. The poison kicked in when she went for the kill. Zaheer isn't that good 1 v 1
You might be right. Having trouble remembering the fight vividly

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Was he not smacking her that while fight at the end? I might be wrong it's been a view months. I remember him being raw. Him and his crew were wrecking mini armies
:russ:no he was running the entire time

if he hadn't unlocked flight he would have been a smear on the wall in that cave. he got one solid hit on korra and he wasn't able to do anything until after the poison incapacitated her