The Legend of Korra

Luken

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto/ Jersey / ATL / LA / Panoramic Roofs
How you gonna be the Avatar and get your ass beat? i swear, all this technology has weakened bending. did you see those little gusts of winds and flames Korra was throwing? :smh: what happened to that RAW bending from Aangs era?

:o:off-topic, i think Korras still a virgin. all this PTLS plus the sexual frustration, it makes sense.

look at the way mako would hold Asami, they we're clearly fukking

Mako_and_Asami_kiss_in_the_apartment.png

Look at how he he held Korra, he always kept it PG.
Mako_and_Korra's_last_kiss.png

:no: He knew if he took the virginity of this it'd be an L for life
tumblr_inline_mx13ef34Hb1r1am60.jpg

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I like where this is going. First the earth empire then the entire world at gunpoint. Kuvira is both the villain we need and deserve.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
How you gonna be the Avatar and get your ass beat? i swear, all this technology has weakened bending. did you see those little gusts of winds and flames Korra was throwing? :smh: what happened to that RAW bending from Aangs era?
I was just saying this the other day, even more this episode. Bending in general just looks less powerful. Probably has to do with technology as you said, but also the way bending is taught. They fight in the "pro bending" style.

I mean look at this shyt
tumblr_inline_n13u9ca6Bj1r2lxxg.gif

Look at Aang's Avatar state
tumblr_mihbbzWwOI1ruepzno4_r1_250.gif

This shyt looks like Judgement day :wow:

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
I was just saying this the other day, even more this episode. Bending in general just looks less powerful. Probably has to do with technology as you said, but also the way bending is taught. They fight in the "pro bending" style.

I mean look at this shyt

ay does airbending have a subset power or is it just wind attacks? water can blood bend and use ice attacks, earth benders can ue metal and fire can do lightning strikes... im wondering if they ever show smething like that in korra cuz Im watching the o.g. series now just got to book two with the first time azula gets at aang in omashu, i was thinking if anything bending would be stronger in the future

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
ay does airbending have a subset power or is it just wind attacks? water can blood bend and use ice attacks, earth benders can ue metal and fire can do lightning strikes... im wondering if they ever show smething like that in korra cuz Im watching the o.g. series now just got to book two with the first time azula gets at aang in omashu, i was thinking if anything bending would be stronger in the future

Flight
tumblr_navqrxrMYl1rozvtbo6_500.gif

Spiritual Projection
In-Harms-Way-Jinora-Spirit.png

Oxygen Extraction
tumblr_n9ymkkJWtO1rc611go1_500.gif

are the subskills of Airbending that they show in Korra.

And nah, I just think its changed over time. The bending back then was stronger because it was more a part of everyday life, which probably meant more indirect training with bending. The industrialization that takes place in Korra probably has a lot to with bending being weaker.

Last edited:

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland

I mean look at this shyt

to be fair that first gif was sozin's comet. I will admit that aang's avatar state in general seemed more powerful then korra's though. maybe it's because she chooses not to go that hard but who knows

in general though I'd say in avatar they used a lot of area attacks while in korra the characters use their bending in a more concentrated manner

tumblr_m9wpriP8sD1rfr4i6o1_500.gif

for example I've yet to see a fire bender in legend of korra use an attack like this

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Flight
tumblr_navqrxrMYl1rozvtbo6_500.gif

Spiritual Projection
In-Harms-Way-Jinora-Spirit.png

Oxygen Extraction
tumblr_n9ymkkJWtO1rc611go1_500.gif

are the subskills of Airbending that they show in Korra.

And nah, I just think its changed over time. The bending back then was stronger because it was more a part of everyday life, which probably meant more indirect training with bending. The industrialization that takes place in Korra probably has a lot to with bending being weaker.

I don't think that bending back then was actually stronger, it's just that we're more used to seeing it. Also, in the finale, all the firebenders had their power boosted by a comet, so they basically had a temporary powerup.

I'd say benders are actually stronger in this series. For example -

-In the OG series, lightningbending was rare and considered very difficult to master, and only the absolute best benders could use it. Neither Zuko or Aang was able to lightingbend in the OG series...the only people that could do it were Ozai, Azula, and Iroh. In LoK, lots of firebenders can lightingbend, in fact it's so common that you got lightiningbenders powering a factory and shyt. Mako was able to do it before the series even started.

-There was no metalbending in the OG series until Toph invented it, and nobody else had learned it. In LoK, there's an entire police force of metalbenders, not to mention a city full of them. Not to mention the lavabending...I don't recall anybody in the OG series doing that besides the old avatar.

-In the OG series it was set in stone that you can only bloodbend during the full moon, whereas in LoK you got people that can just do it whenever.

I don't think bending is any weaker. It's just more specialized. And you also gotta keep in mind, that since they spend a lot of time in cities, people are probably holding back to avoid causing a bunch of property damage and going to jail.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
to be fair that first gif was sozin's comet. I will admit that aang's avatar state in general seemed more powerful then korra's though. maybe it's because she chooses not to go that hard but who knows

in general though I'd say in avatar they used a lot of area attacks while in korra the characters use their bending in a more concentrated manner

tumblr_m9wpriP8sD1rfr4i6o1_500.gif

for example I've yet to see a fire bender in legend of korra use an attack like this

I actually prefer LOK to TLA.

LOK bending is more about precision than raw power, with an added focus on the actual martial arts.

Some of the attacks in TLA were just devastating. Even before the comet, firebending just seemed stronger.

But with Zuko, don't forget that he's Roku's great grandson and he comes from a long line of POWERFUL fire benders. He was a near master firebender, with Azula and Iroh being masters. So it might be unfair to compare any bender to Zuko, or anyone in that family. They are some of the most powerful beners in history.

• Dap
Reactions: EA

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
-In the OG series, lightningbending was rare and considered very difficult to master, and only the absolute best benders could use it. Neither Zuko or Aang was able to lightingbend in the OG series...the only people that could do it were Ozai, Azula, and Iroh. In LoK, lots of firebenders can lightingbend, in fact it's so common that you got lightiningbenders powering a factory and shyt. Mako was able to do it before the series even started.

To be fair though, I wouldn't call that being stronger, I'd call it having more time to learn techniques. For example, Zuko and Aang learned some techniques from the Dragons, that weren't passed down so they aren't that common. Lightning bending was a fairly new technique in Aang's time. It's similar to how you see big men shooting 3s in the NBA now commonly. It doesn't mean that the older guys weren't capable, it means the skillset was passed down, so it became more common to see.

-There was no metalbending in the OG series until Toph invented it, and nobody else had learned it. In LoK, there's an entire police force of metalbenders, not to mention a city full of them. Not to mention the lavabending...I don't recall anybody in the OG series doing that besides the old avatar.

Once again, these are just techniques that are more common. Im not sure if it has anything to do with power. Metalbending was created by Toph, but perfected down the line. I've never seen Toph bend metal without touching it with her hands. And yeah you're right, Kyoshi was the only person who Lava Bended before LoK. Earthbending was her first element too.

-In the OG series it was set in stone that you can only bloodbend during the full moon, whereas in LoK you got people that can just do it whenever.

Well, Yakone, Unalaq and Amon were also special benders. And they were the only ones who could do it without a full moon. There aren't too many people like that in the universe.

So I guess the argument is, are the benders stronger, or have they had more time to learn?

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I actually prefer LOK to TLA.

LOK bending is more about precision than raw power, with an added focus on the actual martial arts.

Some of the attacks in TLA were just devastating. Even before the comet, firebending just seemed stronger.

But with Zuko, don't forget that he's Roku's great grandson and he comes from a long line of POWERFUL fire benders. He was a near master firebender, with Azula and Iroh being masters. So it might be unfair to compare any bender to Zuko, or anyone in that family. They are some of the most powerful beners in history.
I do too:ehh:

they've gone very far with metal bending the police force and lin are always a joy to watch.

this is a short scene but I like it alot for some reason it's a good example of the precision your talking about :laugh:

• Dap
Reactions: EA

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
So I guess the argument is, are the benders stronger, or have they had more time to learn?

Guess it depends on how you define "stronger". I'd say they are because there are a lot of benders walking around with abilities that were nonexistent/rare during the OG series.

If your definition is "who can make the biggest flame or throw the biggest rock", then I dunno. But modern benders are probably more likely to hold back, other than that I'm not convinced there's any real difference. But IMO, Suyin and Lin put any earthbender in A:TLA (other than Toph) to shame.

And I'm pretty sure Kuvira would son almost all of the benders in the OG series. Earthbenders back in the day weren't really getting down like that. :wow:

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
Kuvira:banderas:

I fukk with Kuvira...but she aint seeing my baby Azula:mjpls: Azula would've fukked Kuvira AND Korra up at the same damn time.

tumblr_lxxni6fF4e1r3qvhzo1_500.gif

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Kuvira:banderas:

I fukk with Kuvira...but she aint seeing my baby Azula:mjpls: Azula would've fukked Kuvira AND Korra up at the same damn time.

tumblr_lxxni6fF4e1r3qvhzo1_500.gif

That's that nostalgia talking.

Nah...Azula is good and all, but Kuvira would give her the beats.

I mean...did you see how she did those bandits? The skill here is crazy. :wow:

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
That's that nostalgia talking.

Nah...Azula is good and all, but Kuvira would give her the beats.

I mean...did you see how she did those bandits? The skill here is crazy. :wow:

:childplease: Im the most non nostalgia nikka on this board.

Azula>>>Kuvira

:wow:

Azula would surely love Kuvira's nice and shiny medal uniform:mjpls:

tumblr_m4e0lbHs6w1qasfni.gif