The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel

Hip-Hop-Bulls

All Star
Daps
Can someone explain this game to me and let me know if it's worth purchasing

It's an rpg series 10 games deep now. It focuses on story, characters, and world building from game to game. There are currently 3 "arcs" which focus on different locations, and characters. The "sky" arc, "Crossbell" arc, and "Erebonia" arc.

Sky Games = Trails in the sky, Trails in the sky: Second Chapter, Trails in the sky: The third (All on psp, or PC)
Crossbell Games = Zero no Kiseki, Ao no Kiseki (on psp, or PC)
Erebonia Games = Cold Steel 1,2,3,4 (on PS3, PS4, PS5, PC, and some on switch)

Hajimari no Kiseki (PS4, PS5) completely closes the crossbell and erebonia games and prepares for the Calvard arc.

Again, each arc focuses on a new main location and set of characters, but trips to other arc areas do occur, and some characters from one arc may show up in other arcs.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
It's an rpg series 10 games deep now. It focuses on story, characters, and world building from game to game. There are currently 3 "arcs" which focus on different locations, and characters. The "sky" arc, "Crossbell" arc, and "Erebonia" arc.

Sky Games = Trails in the sky, Trails in the sky: Second Chapter, Trails in the sky: The third (All on psp, or PC)

Hajimari no Kiseki (PS4, PS5) completely closes the crossbell and erebonia games and prepares for the Calvard arc.

Again, each arc focuses on a new main location and set of characters, but trips to other arc areas do occur, and some characters from one arc may show up in other arcs.
Thank you king.

Which game is a good starting point ?

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps

I always makes this game up with valkyria Chronicles

dakidblu

We Out Here!
Daps
havent tried it personally as I haven't went back to it after I beat it, but it should since you can buy off the japanese psn. Plus it mentions dual sense support in the changes
I copped anyway worse case scenario i whip out my old ps4. I bought the disc cuz i dont have a japanese psn account. Im assuming you can remote play to a computer so thats why i went ahead and copped. Ima start looking for guides tonight and tomorrow lol

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Can someone explain this game to me and let me know if it's worth purchasing
Best comparison is a JRPG version of the Marvel cinematic universe. An interconnected story that persist between different subseries of games in the same overall series. You have a group of protagonist that have an arc of 2-3 games then it goes to the next group and the next. The last few games in the most recent arc are like Avengers Infinity War and Endgame where all the overarching plot threads meet up and the characters from all the sub-series come together.

If you like JRPGs with worldbuilding and story these are the best in the business. On the other hand this is a company with 70 employees total so they're also kinda low budget affairs when it comes to graphics and whatnot.

I'll put it like this if a Trails game and a Persona game and a Final Fantasy main line title all came out the same day I'd start with Trails then Persona after I beat Trails.

Hip-Hop-Bulls

All Star
Daps
I copped anyway worse case scenario i whip out my old ps4. I bought the disc cuz i dont have a japanese psn account. Im assuming you can remote play to a computer so thats why i went ahead and copped. Ima start looking for guides tonight and tomorrow lol

Enjoy the final part before the calvard arc finally begins this year :blessed:

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Part 2 aint that bad in 2 hrs spurs:mjlol: per day, usually like i like to play long sessions with RPGs but with this one:hhh: anyway story is getting interesting to say the least

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
So am I the only one thats team Emma? :lupe:
this thread got randomly bumped today and I just finished the game? Amazing :mjgrin:

I looked up the thread in search, shyt got posts from today.

I didn't expect this game to be so...... wordy. That's my only real gripe I really just wanted to fight in a dungeon forever sometimes. Like I REALLY wish you could just leave the shool grounds or a town and get into random battles.

But I guess it was to prevent jackasses like me from overleveling, becoming too powerful and breaking the game.

Which I did anyway :francis:

:mjlol: I didn't realize how much I had traumatized the game until I got to those last 3 enemies in the old schoolhouse (that suit of armor and those two dragons).... and they ran from me.

Finished the game level 76 or 77, all master quartz maxed, all quartz bought, all food cooked.and about 20k-30 k of each septum type. Gonna play through it again just to get that other Master Quartz from when they ask you to choose Sara's or Neidhart's (I chose Sara's) and master that, then it's on to part 2.....

Still choosing Emma. I don't need that trophy.

Anyway, I'll give it a good 4/5. Nice lil time sink.

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
ok am still playing part 2 is picking up a lot more now that i pretty much got the gang back except julia.......still they be having these long ass cut scenes and i cant save nikka:gucci:

difficult fight followed by back to back to back to back cutscenes, the worst part is that they are not even voiced, its 2021 bruh not 1999