The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
winb83: Lloyd Bannings and Estelle Bright are better protagonists than Rean. :unimpressed::usure:

ziggiy: ...who dafuq are Estelle Bannings and Lloyd Bright??? :gucci::mjtf:
I'm trying to imagine playing Cold Steel IV and not knowing who people like Estelle and Lloyd are. Like 60% of the value of that game would be lost. Some of the best moments in that game fall completely flat if you don't know anyone other than the Cold Steel cast.

I know people never wanna do it but this is that one series were you absolutely should play the older games first.

It's like jumping into Mass Effect for the first time at 3 then when all the major people from 1 and 2 show up they're just random NPCs to you. Wrex shows up in 3 and you're like who is Wrex. Mordin cures the genophage and you're like who is Mordin and what's the genophage?

Worst part is you can't re-experience this stuff for the first time. You spoiler the older games and at the same time make your Cold Steel experience inferior.

dakidblu

We Out Here!
Daps
Played only the cold steel series and had a blast without knowing all the backstory of estelle, joshua, and lloyd. They need to remaster the older games idk if can go back to em lol

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Played only the cold steel series and had a blast without knowing all the backstory of estelle, joshua, and lloyd. They need to remaster the older games idk if can go back to em lol

Doubt that ever happens since Falcom is a small studio. And also localization is part of the issue as well. The Crossbell arc has never made it to the west ever. They may localize them since the Cold Steel arc is over, but asking for a remaster is asking for too much.

dakidblu

We Out Here!
Daps
Doubt that ever happens since Falcom is a small studio. And also localization is part of the issue as well. The Crossbell arc has never made it to the west ever. They may localize them since the Cold Steel arc is over, but asking for a remaster is asking for too much.
Im hoping msoft hit em up to bring ports to the xbox. Honestly trails series and persona the only games i finished on ps4. And i got GoW, Spiderman, Horizon, days gone, last of us but they aint grab me like these gsmes did.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Im hoping msoft hit em up to bring ports to the xbox. Honestly trails series and persona the only games i finished on ps4. And i got GoW, Spiderman, Horizon, days gone, last of us but they aint grab me like these gsmes did.

Great JRPG's does something that a lot of the big AAA games are missing. I doubt that happens until the install base for Xbox grows in Japan since both Ys and Trails are developed first for Japan and then it gets its WW release. Would be nice though.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Great JRPG's does something that a lot of the big AAA games are missing. I doubt that happens until the install base for Xbox grows in Japan since both Ys and Trails are developed first for Japan and then it gets its WW release. Would be nice though.
I'm ready for Falcom to wake up and realize the addressable market in the west is far bigger than Japan and work on these games as global endeavors. These games need global releases. The west shouldn't be perpetually 2 games behind on the main series anymore. At least Atlus gets Persona mostly localized inside of 6 or so months. Falcom doesn't even allow the translators to touch anything until the game has already been released in Japan.

Even if it negatively effected the localization I applaud Falcom for realizing that they needed a bigger partner than Xseed that could port and get the games out faster. Xseed did a great job localizing but the series wasn't gonna aggressively grow under them. Trails absolutely should be at least 2/3rds the size of Persona's market.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
On Chapter 3 now. Just got to the town where Jusis is from.

I’m glad Rean talked some sense into Jusis and Machias. Even by Shounen anime standards their “rivalry” was starting to get on my nerves.

I’m finding myself really like Laura’s character and i’m pushing for bonding interactions between her and Rean WAY more than Alisa and Rean all though the game is almost screaming at you to go for Alisa. I like that Laura is calm, determined, and has an actual goal to be stronger and works hard at it. Those are the type of women i’d go for in real life anyways.

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Team Laura, way of the sword:salute:
Make sure you have a guide for side quests, because at the end of chapter you see there were side quest hidden from you :francis:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
On Chapter 3 now. Just got to the town where Jusis is from.

I’m glad Rean talked some sense into Jusis and Machias. Even by Shounen anime standards their “rivalry” was starting to get on my nerves.

I’m finding myself really like Laura’s character and i’m pushing for bonding interactions between her and Rean WAY more than Alisa and Rean all though the game is almost screaming at you to go for Alisa. I like that Laura is calm, determined, and has an actual goal to be stronger and works hard at it. Those are the type of women i’d go for in real life anyways.
Until the 4th game there's no real romance between Rean and anyone in Class VII outside Alisa. It's obvious they opened up many options some who felt forced in into that game. There are several women outside Class VII who are clearly romantic before game IV though.

dakidblu

We Out Here!
Daps
Team Laura, way of the sword:salute:
Make sure you have a guide for side quests, because at the end of chapter you see there were side quest hidden from you :francis:

Oh yea guides are must lol my first time through each game i was missing all kinds of shyt lol

Hip-Hop-Bulls

All Star
Daps
My first time in this trails thread :obama:

I love this series, and played Hajimari back in September thanks to Kitsune and his spreadsheet :blessed: