The Leftovers new Damon Lindelof Hbo series

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
For some reason my girl LOVES this show (:mindblown:) and forced me to watch ep 4 after the 3rd ep. I told her I'm really done this time. She hit me with the :mjpls:look, so I know I'm gonna be forced to watch the last 6 eps. :snoop:

:aicmon:Why can't they show where the people are that vanished, even if it's just for one scene. They are dancing around this rapture topic and have said they will never address where the people went, but this show would be 100 times more interesting if they showed the people who vanished in heaven or in purgatory or something to at least go with that obvious opening credits that show people going up to heaven. This Holy Wayne character is a waste of a story. Nothing interesting whatsoever going on with that story line. And the thought of people getting excited about christmas and decorating the house after an event like that is just not realistic at all. :camby:

:ld:Please tell me there are some good episodes in store before the season is done.

I love this show and I don't give a fukk where the people went. That's not what the show is about so don't expect it. its called The LEFTOVERS for a reason. That's what makes this show great. As for you talking about stuff not being realistic, how do you know what's realistic in terms of the context of the story? if my family disappeared in front of my eyes without any explanation, how the fukk am I supposed to act? Can you imagine the emotional and mental turmoil that would follow an even like that?

Point is you are trying to get something out of the show that isn't there and you need to watch and analyze it from the perspectives of the Leftovers

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
I love this show and I don't give a fukk where the people went. That's not what the show is about so don't expect it. its called The LEFTOVERS for a reason. That's what makes this show great. As for you talking about stuff not being realistic, how do you know what's realistic in terms of the context of the story? if my family disappeared in front of my eyes without any explanation, how the fukk am I supposed to act? Can you imagine the emotional and mental turmoil that would follow an even like that?

Point is you are trying to get something out of the show that isn't there and you need to watch and analyze it from the perspectives of the Leftovers

Yea I think I'm trying to get that lost level of mystery and suspense:ahh:, but that just isn't this show.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Nope, they suck. Now hop on out of this thread. There are plenty of procedural dramas on CBS to fill your quest for quick conclusions.
:bryan:CBS. I'm really only fukking with this show cause it's on HBO. If it was on any other channel I'd never have d/l'd it. Season finale is this Sunday so I'll finish up this season (:heh:) at least since nothing else is on for the next week or so. I'm waiting to see the son fukk that dumb ass asian chick.:sas1::sas2:What are you waiting for to happen?:skip:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
.:sas1::sas2:What are you waiting for to happen?:skip:

I'm not waiting for anything. I will let the show play out at its own pace, and as long as it follows a consistent mythology I don't care what happens in terms of revelations.

The reason Lost failed was not because it left things unanswered, but because the events of early seasons did not fit with the mythology that they eventually tried to establish in later seasons. It exposed the show writing as darts being thrown at an idea board.

I am confident that Lindelof has learned from his mistake and has established a mythology for which to base all the events around. As long as that is the case, he can proceed with answers to small mysteries however he sees fit. The only stuff he is on the hook for in my opinion is whether or not Kevin and his dad are crazy or if they are really connected to supernatural shyt.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Yea I think I'm trying to get that lost level of mystery and suspense:ahh:, but that just isn't this show.

it is, but its not what YOU find to be mysterious or suspenseful...for us that watch it weekly and for the critics that acclaim it and the actors so much that it got its second season, its giving us the mysterious and suspenseful that we expect and love

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
its giving us the mysterious and suspenseful that we expect and love
What's so suspenseful about this show in your opinion? The only thing close to suspenseful imo is the son and asian chick on the run, but she is so annoying and unlikable, I couldn't care less if she lives or dies and the son seems like an idiot thats been brainwashed to go on this mission with a phone waiting to get calls from Holy Wayne. Nothing whatsoever about Kevin nor his wife's story has suspense. So please enlighten me.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
:sas1:

Probably because you watched episode 9 first and completely ruined the character development and storytelling :sas2:
:whoa:Naw breh never that. Ep 9 just connected the people from ep 1-8, but that doesn't take away any suspense from the eps I've seen so far. maybe in ep 5-8 which I'll watch this weekend. We'll see though.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
What's so suspenseful about this show in your opinion? The only thing close to suspenseful imo is the son and asian chick on the run, but she is so annoying and unlikable, I couldn't care less if she lives or dies and the son seems like an idiot thats been brainwashed to go on this mission with a phone waiting to get calls from Holy Wayne. Nothing whatsoever about Kevin nor his wife's story has suspense. So please enlighten me.

I explained multiple times throughout this thread why this show is great...to give you a quick recap, I find the human condition after such a horrible, surprising, and inexplicable event to be fascinating to watch unfold...the suspense comes from a person trying to exist in a world that takes loved ones without explanation...each character is extremely complex and written well, so watching their inevitable breakdown or possible redemption provides more depth and excitement to me than a show focused on where people go when they disappear, which would only fill a season's worth of material before going into ridiculously silly mode like most shows do...this show holds weight and longevity because the characters are rich and they act as real humans would, not in favor of plot...

Like I said, this show is not for some people and if you don't appreciate this type of complex storytelling, then move on.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
I explained multiple times throughout this thread why this show is great...to give you a quick recap, I find the human condition after such a horrible, surprising, and inexplicable event to be fascinating to watch unfold...the suspense comes from a person trying to exist in a world that takes loved ones without explanation...each character is extremely complex and written well, so watching their inevitable breakdown or possible redemption provides more depth and excitement to me than a show focused on where people go when they disappear, which would only fill a season's worth of material before going into ridiculously silly mode like most shows do...this show holds weight and longevity because the characters are rich and they act as real humans would, not in favor of plot...

Like I said, this show is not for some people and if you don't appreciate this type of complex storytelling, then move on.
For real though, maybe I am being a cynical a$$hole towards this show. I'll keep watching cause you are right, the characters have a lot of stuff going for them that can change at any moment. Good post breh.

Daps

I just can't understand having this sentiment. I can understand accepting that if they don't have to explain it cuz it's not the focal point, but how can you empathize with them and NOT want to know???

You ask a bunch of questions (how you would act, the emotional and mental turmoil), but the number one question on everyone's mind in the story is where the people went (well, number 2 question, number one is why?).

I agree they need not answer those questions for this show to be great (which it appears they won't), but I can't say I don't care what happened to them and why, those are the omnipresent questions that hang over the characters in this world and in every scene in the series (except 9, in which the contrast was stark as someone pointed out in here) for me as a viewer.