The Leftovers new Damon Lindelof Hbo series

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I just can't understand having this sentiment. I can understand accepting that if they don't have to explain it cuz it's not the focal point, but how can you empathize with them and NOT want to know???

You ask a bunch of questions (how you would act, the emotional and mental turmoil), but the number one question on everyone's mind in the story is where the people went (well, number 2 question, number one is why?).

I agree they need not answer those questions for this show to be great (which it appears they won't), but I can't say I don't care what happened to them and why, those are the omnipresent questions that hang over the characters in this world and in every scene in the series (except 9, in which the contrast was stark as someone pointed out in here) for me as a viewer.
i feel the same way
excellent post

Daps
I just can't understand having this sentiment. I can understand accepting that if they don't have to explain it cuz it's not the focal point, but how can you empathize with them and NOT want to know???

You ask a bunch of questions (how you would act, the emotional and mental turmoil), but the number one question on everyone's mind in the story is where the people went (well, number 2 question, number one is why?).

I agree they need not answer those questions for this show to be great (which it appears they won't), but I can't say I don't care what happened to them and why, those are the omnipresent questions that hang over the characters in this world and in every scene in the series (except 9, in which the contrast was stark as someone pointed out in here) for me as a viewer.
Because these dudes in here are making up shyt as they go..... just like this series is.

Daps
I explained multiple times throughout this thread why this show is great...to give you a quick recap, I find the human condition after such a horrible, surprising, and inexplicable event to be fascinating to watch unfold...the suspense comes from a person trying to exist in a world that takes loved ones without explanation...each character is extremely complex and written well, so watching their inevitable breakdown or possible redemption provides more depth and excitement to me than a show focused on where people go when they disappear, which would only fill a season's worth of material before going into ridiculously silly mode like most shows do...this show holds weight and longevity because the characters are rich and they act as real humans would, not in favor of plot...

Like I said, this show is not for some people and if you don't appreciate this type of complex storytelling, then move on.
This is absolute bullshyt. We only get to 'know' a few characters, the majority of them don't get enough exposure to even suggest that they're 'extremely complex' or 'written well' :pachaha:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:sas1:

Probably because you watched episode 9 first and completely ruined the character development and storytelling :sas2:

THANK YOU........Dude just ruined it with this shyt. HIs dumb ass don't listen to us so now he's complaining about this bullshyt :usure:. We warned his dumb ass..... @Uncle_Ruckus but I won't take him serious cause I honestly believe this dude is a troll.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Uncle_Ruckus What you dapped me for? Do you know I was just talk about your dumb ass right?....unless if you dapped me that you're a troll then I understand why u dapped me...:manny:

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
I still have 4 more eps to get caught up to y'all. I said already I'll finish the season. Lost was way better IMO

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I still have 4 more eps to get caught up to y'all. I said already I'll finish the season. Lost was way better IMO

Dude, just leave.....leave that shyt alone cause you already ruined it since you watched episode 9 first. That's why u talk shyt.....so pointless for you coming here and talk negative about this show so just leave, take your troll ass somewhere.