The Leftovers new Damon Lindelof Hbo series

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Dudes still dont know what an 'adaptation' is:snoop:

Its obviously not following the book other than for certain plot markers.

This isnt the author's show, its Lindelof's and he can do what he wants with it in the future

i heard he has already changed a couple things that was supposed to happen, the book is just a template to adapt from

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
remember dexter was based on a book and only season 1 covered that book. they were able to make a good show out of it, for at least 4 seasons

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
The Lindelof inspired hate is unreasonable but I'll admit I'm slightly worried what direction he'll take the show once he runs through the source material and is left to his own devices. I don't need nor do I want a supernatural twist to this show.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
The Lindelof inspired hate is unreasonable but I'll admit I'm slightly worried what direction he'll take the show once he runs through the source material and is left to his own devices. I don't need nor do I want a supernatural twist to this show.

That supernatural twist is already there man...if you watched the last episode, there were subtle hints to supernatural there (the light at the very beginning, the deer stuff, the sewer grate)...

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
That supernatural twist is already there man...if you watched the last episode, there were subtle hints to supernatural there (the light at the very beginning, the deer stuff, the sewer grate)...
I genuinely think the shyt with Garvey's dad hearing voices and all the weird shyt we've seen with Garvey is just straight up mental illness. That's the genius of the show. This unexplainable disappearance of a hundred million plus people allows for us to question the viability of what we would normally have rational explanations for. So a dude that has a fetish for young Asian broads and a knack for psychological manipulation has people thinking he has the power to hug away pain and that these girls are special in some way beyond having a tight p*ssy and making bomb egg foo young. I could be wrong and Wayne has powers and chief has some supernatural proclivities, but if so I think it'll be hard for this show to sustain the quality its established

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I genuinely think the shyt with Garvey's dad hearing voices and all the weird shyt we've seen with Garvey is just straight up mental illness. That's the genius of the show. This unexplainable disappearance of a hundred million plus people allows for us to question the viability of what we would normally have rational explanations for. So a dude that has a fetish for young Asian broads and a knack for psychological manipulation has people thinking he has the power to hug away pain and that these girls are special in some way beyond having a tight p*ssy and making bomb egg foo young. I could be wrong and Wayne has powers and chief has some supernatural proclivities, but if so I think it'll be hard for this show to sustain the quality its established

:russ: i was wondering if it was really you for a sec breh

Daps
I see this show still hasn't gone anywhere.... surprise, surprise. :mjlol: at dudes saying this is 'one of the most depressing' things they've watched.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
I see this show still hasn't gone anywhere.... surprise, surprise. :mjlol: at dudes saying this is 'one of the most depressing' things they've watched.

Except script writing for season 2 and critical acclaim, but that's for the folks that actually watch it though :sas1:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
remember dexter was based on a book and only season 1 covered that book. they were able to make a good show out of it, for at least 4 seasons
There were several dexter books.
When they ran out of source material show turned to shyt. Which is an obvious concern here as well.