The Leftovers new Damon Lindelof Hbo series

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
It is just a different form of storytelling breh

There are mysteries throughout episodes 1-8 that are resolved in episode 9 during the flashback

If episode 9 came first, then much of the drama and intrigue of the series is lost

Have you seen the movie "Memento"? What you are talking about doing (watching #9 first) is akin to saying "that movie Memento was good, but I wish they would have showed the scenes in order instead. I'm going to recommend my friends watch it in reverse"

It just makes no sense. You are ruining the storytelling and mystery. Might as well not even watch the show to be honest. And yes, I acknowledge that you have already said you wouldn't watch it that way, I just was at work and didn't get a chance to respond to this post in time

You're doing waAAY too much responding to a "uncle ruckus" whose stated that true detective was boring and he prefers the god awful Fargo.

The leftovers is still marginal until it stops being so. This ep was dope though.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
When are we gonna find out all the answers to what happened during those time gaps? Lindelof on his bullshyt again:troll:
More flashback episodes coming to fill those gaps :newtroll:
:mindblown:What about the three year gap between the rapture and the pilot? That's a lot of time to cover.

A lot of mysteries on this show. Watching ep 9 first didn't ruin anything imo. It actually connected perfect with the pilot (the pilot starts off right after the end of ep 9) like a movie. What happened in that 3 year gap is the biggest mystery imo.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
You're doing waAAY too much responding to a "uncle ruckus" whose stated that true detective was boring and he prefers the god awful Fargo.

The leftovers is still marginal until it stops being so. This ep was dope though.

I actually am going to go back and watch TD soon, after that boring pilot I was confused af about what was going on in the next ep so I stopped. It may be better than Fargo, but Fargo had a better pilot imo so I kept watching.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

:heh:

What? Since when was Fargo "god awful"

You serious with that?

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No prob I also feel like last nights ep shoulda been the pilot..

FIrst 2 eps is bullshyt and bad acting and writing then you slowly start seeing everyone break down and go crazy lol

It wouldn't have worked as the pilot. This episode showed us that all of these people were due for a cataclysmic life change whether the rapture happened or not. If the rapture had never happened, most of our characters lives would be just as broken.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
:mindblown:What about the three year gap between the rapture and the pilot? That's a lot of time to cover.

What happened in that 3 year gap is the biggest mystery imo.

:comeon:

My comment about the time gaps was obviously sarcastic

I was mocking the idea that every single thing in a Damon Lindelof show now gets picked apart to the core, all because of his Lost failure.

It is completely unfair.

The 3 year gap, as well as the gaps between episodes, are not a mystery. Nor to they need to be filled in. They are irrelevant until the writers decide to make them relevant. Aint no one need to see the GR eating oatmeal and the Rev giving daily spongebaths to his wife.

Nobody talks like that about ANY other show on tv, yet they talk about it for this one and have been doing so since the first episode. SMH

Watching ep 9 first didn't ruin anything imo. .

Yes it did. It ruined Episode 9 for you. You had no vested emotional connection with the characters. Answers that were given were not answers to you because the questions had not been asked yet. That is not really an opinion, it is a logical conclusion.

I'm sure you viewing order doesn't really disturb the other episodes, but you definitely ruined one of the top 3 episodes to date. Whether you still thought the episode was good is irrelevant.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Very serious. Fargo being popular is a slice of life to me. It's telling. America is over when crap like that trumps truly provocative tv like true detective. It's it was written in tv form.

If Fargo was It Was Written, does that make True Detective Jay-Z's career since it had so many stolen lines, a few high points that made it seemingly bulletproof to criticism, and a steep decline in quality towards the end? :troll:

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot

Yes it did. It ruined Episode 9 for you. You had no vested emotional connection with the characters. Answers that were given were not answers to you because the questions had not been asked yet. That is not really an opinion, it is a logical conclusion.

I'm sure you viewing order doesn't really disturb the other episodes, but you definitely ruined one of the top 3 episodes to date. Whether you still thought the episode was good is irrelevant.

:comeon:Actually no it didn't. Watching ep 9 then the pilot made it feel like a movie (like the 2 ep pilot for lost). I went into ep 2 very curious as to what was now going on with these characters. And I will watch ep 9 again when I'm done ep 8, but for now it served as a good prequel to the story. I can imagine if I hadn't watched ep 9 first I would have been totally clueless as to what was going on and who these people were. I went into the pilot knowing who was who and very interested in why and how they came to the point they are at now. And those 3 years are important imo because it will explain how people like Holy Wayne and the GR started and got so popular and at what point Kevin's wife and son left and why.

:umad:I watched ep 9 first still I see. It really made me like this show more though. Especially the way the pilot opens right after the final scene in ep 9 so perfect.:banderas:

:duck:It ruined anything.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
:what:

Both shows were piff though

:camby:

@Big Mel is a pretentious white troll...he's been embarrassed all over the booth now he's in the film room stinking it up...this is the guy that threw a tantrum about Mia X not having enough "breath control" when she raps so you can't really take him seriously :mjlol:for such a marginal show his ass is watching every week though:smugonyopuddinpop:

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
@Big Mel is a pretentious white troll...he's been embarrassed all over the booth now he's in the film room stinking it up...this is the guy that threw a tantrum about Mia X not having enough "breath control" when she raps so you can't really take him seriously :mjlol:for such a marginal show his ass is watching every week though:smugonyopuddinpop:

So you like the leftovers AND Mia x. Noted. Perhaps those two facts inform one another. I also watched the entire last season of true blood. Doesn't mean it wasn't terrible television.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
one thing i don't get about THIS THREAD......

everyone saying they'll never explained where the people went, or how, or why......

but obviously they all disappearing in a snap of the fingers.... and the show credits are a painting of people being beamed up to heaven....

i mean really?? would it be science?? what kind of science vanishes that many people at once... and why would they then chose a religious opening and introduce so many religious themes