The Leftovers new Damon Lindelof Hbo series

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
:wtf: You didn't like True Detective and now this?.....So Now, I'm know you're a def troll so def won't take you seriously.

True Detective was boring. I liked Fargo better. I just don't understand what this show is about, is it really just people dealing with the aftermath? If so, I wanna see ep 9 first. fukk 8 episodes of wondering why people are acting weird and shyt. Even AVClub said in the review that it could have been the pilot. If that is any indication of the first 8 eps, I doubt it will spoil the show for me. We'll see though.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I just don't understand why they would wait until the end of the season to show the events leading up to the "Rapture", why not start off with it. I'll watch the pilot, but If I'm not sold I might take in ep 9 after. I'm not entirely sure yet if this show will be for me. I hope it has a lot of mystery like Lost though.

It is just a different form of storytelling breh

There are mysteries throughout episodes 1-8 that are resolved in episode 9 during the flashback

If episode 9 came first, then much of the drama and intrigue of the series is lost

Have you seen the movie "Memento"? What you are talking about doing (watching #9 first) is akin to saying "that movie Memento was good, but I wish they would have showed the scenes in order instead. I'm going to recommend my friends watch it in reverse"

It just makes no sense. You are ruining the storytelling and mystery. Might as well not even watch the show to be honest. And yes, I acknowledge that you have already said you wouldn't watch it that way, I just was at work and didn't get a chance to respond to this post in time

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It is just a different form of storytelling breh

There are mysteries throughout episodes 1-8 that are resolved in episode 9 during the flashback

If episode 9 came first, then much of the drama and intrigue of the series is lost

Have you seen the movie "Memento"? What you are talking about doing (watching #9 first) is akin to saying "that movie Memento was good, but I wish they would have showed the scenes in order instead. I'm going to recommend my friends watch it in reverse"

It just makes no sense. You are ruining the storytelling and mystery. Might as well not even watch the show to be honest. And yes, I acknowledge that you have already said you wouldn't watch it that way, I just was at work and didn't get a chance to respond to this post in time

AMEN BROTHER....TELL THAT DUMB ASS @Uncle_Ruckus but I bet you he won't listen to you.

⠀⠀⠀

HARRIS 2024
Daps
Reppin
CORONA, CA
i gotta be real, when i found out that Mr. Jennifer Aniston would be staring in this show, I thought it was going to be trash.

but this show aint that bad. :yeshrug:

anybody else agree?

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Best thing about episode 9 besides getting some background info is the sheer contrast in mood and tone. They presented quite possibly the most depressing show ever for eight episodes only to show us these tortured people enjoying themselves and smiling for an hour. shyt took me completely off guard

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
What's up with the first episode being in the summer and the second in the winter? :huhldup:Do all the episodes take place months apart?

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
What's up with the first episode being in the summer and the second in the winter? :huhldup:Do all the episodes take place months apart?

It does; remember when Kevin started dating Nora..the very next episode, they had been dating for over a month, so each episode is after a few weeks or a month

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
It does; remember when Kevin started dating Nora..the very next episode, they had been dating for over a month, so each episode is after a few weeks or a month
Yea you're right and the first ep started in october and the second one Meg says its been a few weeks. The second ep takes place in december I'm guessing.