The Leftovers new Damon Lindelof Hbo series

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:manny:

Episode didnt do much for me. It filled in a few blanks but it was also filled with vague "mysteries" that probably mean nothing. It felt forced to me, shoehorning in too many people.
Episode did a lot for the character development. I enjoyed it.

It also connected with the message of the previous episode. Patti was hittin' Kevin with that psychology and how finding one's purpose in life is more important than everything. This episode pretty much gave us a glimpse into why every character turned out the way they did.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Just started watching last nights episode

The Garvey wife was getting that bread :leon:

This is a nice ass house they used to live in

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The GR might have been behind it. Another scene that might be a clue is when they all gathered at the GR house to go look for her, the leader told the new joiner not to come (maybe cause she knew she was dead in the woods already)... this was before they "supposedly" knew where Gladys was at, because they then had to go look for in the woods.

Also, they can't talk... so how did the woman that was with her when she got snatched up relay the message to them? Did she go back to the house and tell them? When they got to the gas station it seemed like she hadn't left and was explaining that she came out and she was gone.

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/the-...ndelof-hbo-series.210033/page-33#post-9420327

I knew something wasn't right with how that went down when I first saw that stoning...

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Soon as I saw Lori in the opening scene :banderas:

Them flashbacks :banderas:

Lindelof back on his bs :banderas:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
what was that conversation kevin and his father had about his purpose? his father was like "you know yours, stop bullshytting around" or something like that. i saw it this morning at 6am so im a little fuzzy on that convo. maybe i missed something.
I took it to mean that Kev must have been "mid-life crisising" it up for a while there and Dad knew it. So he told him to cut that shyt out and be a good husband/father.

Daps
I really enjoyed this episode.

Patti is just what I suspected she'd be. A crazy person that found validation within the departure..but still crazy.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
On a side note, this episode was completely out of the blue

Didn't expect this shyt at all....we thought it was about to hit the fan with the GR and they hit us with the change up and dropped a throwback on us :ohlawd:

But for real, fukk this 2 weeks bullshyt. I'm moving across the country 2 days after that and my wife is going to not even be home that entire Sunday night/Monday and I'm not sure when I'm gonna be able to turn my cable box in. I might not even be able to watch it :snoop:

(and no, I can't just watch it by myself Sunday. That would be inconsiderate)

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Didn't expect this shyt at all....we thought it was about to hit the fan with the GR and they hit us with the change up and dropped a throwback on us :ohlawd:

But for real, fukk this 2 weeks bullshyt. I'm moving across the country 2 days after that and my wife is going to not even be home that entire Sunday night/Monday and I'm not sure when I'm gonna be able to turn my cable box in. I might not even be able to watch it :snoop:

Get married brehs

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

:umad:

Daps
Re-watched the episode this morning and it's one of the best/favorite episodes of the show so far. Very emotional episode. It surprised me that Laurie and Patti had a relationship pre-depature, it makes more sense now that Laurie turned to Patti for answers after her unborn child disappeared and why their bond and trust in each other is so strong.