The Leftovers new Damon Lindelof Hbo series

Daps
:lupe:

Like the show...mostly. Doesn't quite seem like HBO quality, but I'm still watching. Not really sure what kind of answers yall are looking for though. We know the disappearance won't be solved...what else? Is Wayne special or full of shyt? Full of shyt. Does the chief's dad have some deeper understanding of all this? Nope. What does the GR want? We already know...to live in perpetual mourning for those that were lost.

I guess the dog hunter storyline needs some explanation...but I'm not really on the edge of my seat for that one while I watch.

Bottom line, if you're watching waiting for some big reveal...you're waisting your time and setting yourself up to be let down.

Don't they want the exact opposite, tho?

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community

They call themselves the Guilty Remnant. Their lives, feelings, personalities, etc. are all worthless because they too could disappear at any minute and don't want to move on in a fantasy land believing everything is normal again. Seems like mourning to me.

My interpretation is that their sole reason for existing now is to never let the leftovers forget...that's it. They exist solely to remind the Leftovers what happened so that the rest of society cann never go back to normal...they want the event to always be at the forefront of the leftovers' minds

Daps

They call themselves the Guilty Remnant. Their lives, feelings, personalities, etc. are all worthless because they too could disappear at any minute and don't want to move on in a fantasy land believing everything is normal again. Seems like mourning to me.

Maybe it's mourning (I'm no linguist) but not for those lost in the departure.

They steal their pictures and constantly tell folks that they didn't matter.... that no one matters... that nothing matters.

They demonstrate out against any attempts at the public mourning those lost in the departure.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Maybe it's mourning (I'm no linguist) but not for those lost in the departure.

They steal their pictures and constantly tell folks that they didn't matter.... that no one matters... that nothing matters.

They demonstrate out against any attempts at the public mourning those lost in the departure.
I hear ya...mourning is the wrong word.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think people in the gr had an existential crisis and basically think that life is meaningless. You could disappear at any time. That's why they chain smoke to show how little they care about their lives. Its also an escape hatch to take the pain away. If you think life is meaningless then you don't care about the disappearance anymore

Everything that matters about you is here:

:troll:

Last edited:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
I think people in the gr had an existential crisis and basically think that life is meaningless. You could disappear at any time. That's why they chain smoke to show how little they care about their lives. Its also an escape hatch to take the pain away. If you think life is meaningless then you don't care about the disappearance anymore
:myman:great post.

Filthy McNasty

><(((*>
Daps
:russ: at this season thread doing Talib Kweli numbers.

and:mjlol: at the struggle props you dudes are resorting to.

This show will be lucky if it gets a 2nd season.