The Leftovers new Damon Lindelof Hbo series

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Waynes story is moving forward, but from the start i just labelled him as a nut case whos charismatic taking advantage of easily swayed, damaged people. And so far theyve done nothing to alleviate my assumption. In fact with the multiple mother reveal it just re-enforced my view.

Im hoping theres more to it than that but so far Im indifferent to that sub plot.
Yeah if that's all there is to it its definitely a weak subplot. But I have faith that lindegawd has more up his sleeve :lolbron:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I see a lotta dudes who been talking shyt all season still around this thread talking positive now :leostare:

Show aint gotten any better or worse than it was in episode 1. Only difference is yall weren't patient. Me and @kp404 tried to tell you :comeon:

Shows been good from the jump. Lets hope it stays the course through the final 3 episodes

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
I see a lotta dudes who been talking shyt all season still around this thread talking positive now :leostare:

Show aint gotten any better or worse than it was in episode 1. Only difference is yall weren't patient. Me and @kp404 tried to tell you :comeon:

Shows been good from the jump. Lets hope it stays the course through the final 3 episodes

Since day one, this show has done what many shows can't: made me really think. If you sit down and really think about the premise and the shyt in the episodes, it will really fukk with you...that black woman from last week talking to Nora at the end still has me fukking shook. Powerful scene. Can't wait for these final 3 episodes

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family

The first two episodes were far and away the weakest so far.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
The first two episodes were far and away the weakest so far.

I agree with the post below. I thought the pilot was phenomenal. Had some pacing issues, but thats because of the extended run time I think. Second episode yes, that was the weakest.... weakEST, stil not weak though

But the negative people who said that single-character centric episodes were the best were definitely right in that regard. Having that focus does help. But if they did it every episode it would be Lost 2.0

Pilot was great. the second episode was the only decent episode. The rest have been great

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
I agree with the post below. I thought the pilot was phenomenal. Had some pacing issues, but thats because of the extended run time I think. Second episode yes, that was the weakest.... weakEST, stil not weak though

But the negative people who said that single-character centric episodes were the best were definitely right in that regard. Having that focus does help. But if they did it every episode it would be Lost 2.0

Definitely agree. I like that they do only a few of those.

Raava

Staff member
Daps
Enjoyed the last ep. actually can't wait for the next one. I wonder where they are going with Kevin and his dad. I am just really curious to see how deep/supernatural they are going to go. Right now I can't tell.

GR really gets on my nerves but that's their whole purpose. Liv Tyler is not about that life, gossiping.

:mjlol:Tommy, but I am not completely sure Wayne is a fraud just yet.

Last edited:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How are you explaining away Nora's heel turn? And the only other guy we've seen get hugged also saw an immediate positive reaction.
The beginning of the episode Nora paid a hooker $3,000 to shoot her in the chest. She was fukked up emotionally, anyone that's willing to pay a stack up front for someone to hug the pain away is someone that would believe that dude has powers to actually make that happen.

In general if someone is bottling emotions up, especially for a period of 3 years, letting that shyt out would do wonders for them.

It ain't like dude is traveling the country in a private jet, staying at the Ritz and shyt.

He's traveling in trunks and sleeping, alone, in dimly lit basement hallways. If he's a fraud, what could possibly be his end game?

If anything, I'd say the the way he was curled up in the fetal position sitting on a cot that all that hugging is beginning to take its toll on him. It's either draining him or other people's pain is overwhelming him.

Wayne had a big ass ranch, a harem of 13 year old Asian girls and vulnerable people paying him money to spit some game and give them a hug.

He's traveling in trunks and hallways now because the feds are after his ass.

Daps
The beginning of the episode Nora paid a hooker $3,000 to shoot her in the chest. She was fukked up emotionally, anyone that's willing to pay a stack up front for someone to hug the pain away is someone that would believe that dude has powers to actually make that happen.

In general if someone is bottling emotions up, especially for a period of 3 years, letting that shyt out would do wonders for them.

Ya her fukked up ass was trying ANYTHING to deal with the pain, it wasn't working, so I don't see why a stack up front would just make her believe the hug works.

Plus there's the black author. He's preaching all this actual bullshyt about how people should deal with the pain. Everyone else is eating it up, just like self-help author's we see in real life, cuz he lost so many people yet has managed to move on. But really, Wayne hugged him and now he's capitalizing off of his life free of pain.

Nora sees right through his bullshyt INSTANTANEOUSLY. She's had a similar loss so she knows what he's saying is bullshyt. If she was just going to let anything work cuz she wanted it to work, she would've given that guy a real chance. Nora was a wreck with so much bottled up emotion that she couldn't let anything work, she was too much of a cynic for that.

Then she got hugged :wow:

Wayne had a big ass ranch, a harem of 13 year old Asian girls and vulnerable people paying him money to spit some game and give them a hug.

He's traveling in trunks and hallways now because the feds are after his ass.

Fair point, but running from the feds does not require him to sleep, alone, on cots in desolate conditions like that. There was something visibly wrong with him sitting curled up in the fetal position. He's deteriorating. He's becoming deranged, as evident by the fact that he forgot who Tom was when he called him!

There is clearly something happening with Wayne right now.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Fair point, but running from the feds does not require him to sleep, alone, on cots in desolate conditions like that. There was something visibly wrong with him sitting curled up in the fetal position. He's deteriorating. He's becoming deranged, as evident by the fact that he forgot who Tom was when he called him!

There is clearly something happening with Wayne right now.
He probably has some STD or something that's fukking him up. Wayne doesn't have any powers, brehs, he's just smart as hell. Whatever caused the disappearance of 2% of the population was never explained scientifically. This post rapture world has seen the formation of different cults and I'm sure a resurgence in the belief of the afterlife/the supernatural. If people can straight up vanish, then is it that farfetched to believe a dude can hug your pain away? I wouldn't be surprised if Wayne had a psychological background. If there's any healing being done it's the person hugging Wayne healing themselves. To pay that money and give Wayne a hug means you actually want to believe he has the power to take your pain away. It means you have to actively want to get rid of your pain. If you remember, he tried to give Tommy a hug, but Tommy refused. He obviously believes/believed in Wayne, but wasn't ready to let his pain go. Nora was breaking down into tears before Wayne hugged her. What he was saying was resonating with her and instead of all the weird shyt we'd seen her doing all series to just feel something/anything, we see her acknowledging that maybe she deserves some healing.

Daps
He probably has some STD or something that's fukking him up. Wayne doesn't have any powers, brehs, he's just smart as hell. Whatever caused the disappearance of 2% of the population was never explained scientifically. This post rapture world has seen the formation of different cults and I'm sure a resurgence in the belief of the afterlife/the supernatural. If people can straight up vanish, then is it that farfetched to believe a dude can hug your pain away? I wouldn't be surprised if Wayne had a psychological background. If there's any healing being done it's the person hugging Wayne healing themselves. To pay that money and give Wayne a hug means you actually want to believe he has the power to take your pain away. It means you have to actively want to get rid of your pain. If you remember, he tried to give Tommy a hug, but Tommy refused. He obviously believes/believed in Wayne, but wasn't ready to let his pain go. Nora was breaking down into tears before Wayne hugged her. What he was saying was resonating with her and instead of all the weird shyt we'd seen her doing all series to just feel something/anything, we see her acknowledging that maybe she deserves some healing.

He has an HTD, breh :wow:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I'll tell you what...
these last couple episodes better be on some "I seen the light" shyt
cause they dont explain enough for me
I liked the last episode but I'm sitting there like "ok... what the fukk?!"
I won't front
I'm really expecting to see some typa supernatural type shyt pop off before this bytch ends

Daps

:childplease:

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
:lupe:

Like the show...mostly. Doesn't quite seem like HBO quality, but I'm still watching. Not really sure what kind of answers yall are looking for though. We know the disappearance won't be solved...what else? Is Wayne special or full of shyt? Full of shyt. Does the chief's dad have some deeper understanding of all this? Nope. What does the GR want? We already know...to live in perpetual mourning for those that were lost.

I guess the dog hunter storyline needs some explanation...but I'm not really on the edge of my seat for that one while I watch.

Bottom line, if you're watching waiting for some big reveal...you're waisting your time and setting yourself up to be let down.

Last edited: