The Leftovers new Damon Lindelof Hbo series

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
lol I love the mystery behind the characters...they are all going insane, each in their own little way..there is going to be a catalyst that sets everyone off soon and I think its already in motion...

Its reallly exciting to me because I could not imagine what the fukk I would do or how I would function if my wife or children just disappeared one day with no explanation or anything...how the fukk would I go on with normal life with no explanation???? shyt is really terrifying breh
not really spoilers but i dont wanna take the chance of ruining something for those who really enjoy the show
nope, unfortunately not

it's a poorly written character study. i'm tellin you, NOTHING happens. it's like an encyclopedia article of a post-partially-apocalyptic world. peep the novel if you don't believe me

i'll say there are some details you'll find out that are :ehh: but not :ohhh:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
:umad::yeshrug: I binged-watched the show 2 years after it ended, so I didn't obsess over the mysteries & just enjoyed the show. It's definitely the GOAT Network Drama & most folks who did the same seem to agree.

:mjpls::mjlol: Obsess over irrelevant-ass mysteries week-to-week & over the summer brehs!!!
You realize you are bragging about being ignorant here right? Aint trying to attack you by using the word ignorant, that is just the best description of it

You don't have to play alternate reality games and obsess over mysteries in the forums to see the flaws in Lost. You obviously haven't thought about it enough. You binge watched the show so quickly that you didn't digest it and probably don't even remember half the shyt that went on, or you are glossing it over.

Listen man....I am a huge hater of Season 6 of Lost but I LOVED the finale. I thought the ending to the story was perfect. Even the purgatory side-story. Loved it. It actually fukked me up for a few days, I had trouble sleeping because that scene where they walk into the light kept playing over and over in my head. But the non-existent or inconsistent mythology ruined the show. The Island was the main character. Period. If you think differently, you are wrong. It doesn't bother you that Charles Widmore and Walt are completely irrelevant to anything? The numbers were nothing more than dial settings on a looking glass? Adam and Eve, which were promised to be the smoking gun proof that there was a plan all along, ended up being blatantly made up at the end with dialogue from Season 1 that conflicted with their existence? You have watched the show with rose colored glasses.

I get the infatuation. I lived that infatuation for 6 years. But the show is irrelevant. It isn't the GOAT anything other than the GOAT show for ruining our ability to enjoy great shows like The Leftovers.

Rather than temper fan excitement, Lindelof and Cuse doused it with gasoline. That was them, Easter egg-ing us on, dropping hints in podcasts, and yukking it up with talk-show hosts. This public spectacle did much for the visibility of writers in Hollywood. (Not to mention their bargaining power: now, every time a showrunner does a postseason chat, a lit agent gets his wings.) But it also came with an ugly flip side. No matter how much Lindelof and Cuse gave to their fans, the ledger was never quite balanced. Some always felt they were owed more. When Lost ended in 2010 with a soft, New Age–y squish instead of the hard, point-by-PowerPoint explanation a large part of the audience expected, things got ugly.2 Six years of good times and goodwill were wiped away with one soggy finale. Until the bitter end, Lindelof and Cuse thought they were merely following their muse. The aggrieved fan base was furious to discover it’d been following two guys who had never thought to buy a map.

Daps
I'm getting something from these first 5 episodes; I like shows like this because they don't just shove easy ass answers in front you; you gotta really think and pay attention to the explicit and implicit catalysts that are about to set these people off...shyt is fun to me
This is some smart dumb nikka shyt if I've ever heard it.
@hexagram23 can you please unsticky this thread to get rid of the trolls that can't accept that this is a character driven drama, not a mystery.

shyt is getting mad annoying.

If people don't like the characters then that is fine, you probably won't like the show (even though I disagree). But to have these constant complaints about shyt like the baby jesus and missing shirts storyline and stating that nothing has been established or nothing is happening....time to
:camby:move on

Like the missing baby jesus was supposed to be this big, intriguing mystery or something rather than a plot device for character development or a metaphor for something bigger :mindblown:

Dudes straight up missing the point to half this shyt, 5 weeks into it

Go back to Tyrant or Big Brother please :camby:
MORE SMART DUMB nikka shyt.

The character developments haven't shifted outta first gear, what lil' intrigue and interest there was at the start has now gone into it's own state of banality. There's absolutely no cause to suggest there's anything Jean-Pierre Melville about this show... just empty ambiguity that really doesn't go past a surface level look at how grief is dealt with.

Rectify accomplishes this, without going over the same ground again and again.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA

The character developments haven't shifted outta first gear, what lil' intrigue and interest there was at the start has now gone into it's own state of banality. There's absolutely no cause to suggest there's anything Jean-Pierre Melville about this show... just empty ambiguity that really doesn't go past a surface level look at how grief is dealt with.

The Leftovers >> Rectify

And its not a debate really

:umad:

This dude throws out "smart dumb" twice then uses the sentence "There's absolutely no cause to suggest there's anything Jean-Pierre Melville about this show" :dead:

Then straight up lies by saying "just empty ambiguity that really doesn't go past a surface level look at how grief is dealt with" :rudy:

I'm not sure you have even watched the show.

Stop lying. You haven't watched the show.

Daps
The Leftovers >> Rectify

:umad:.
Nah, I can tell :umad: by wanting this thread to get unstickied because you can't deal with dudes having a different take on the show. :sadbron:
This dude throws out "smart dumb" twice then uses the sentence "There's absolutely no cause to suggest there's anything Jean-Pierre Melville about this show" :dead:.
I'm convinced you have absolutely no idea of what I'm talking about.

Then straight up lies by saying "just empty ambiguity that really doesn't go past a surface level look at how grief is dealt with" :rudy:
It's not lies.
Stop lying. You haven't watched the show.
I've watched the show.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community

nah, you just want easy answers so you don't have to think...do you, breh and don't watch, but the show is great and I'll continue watching

Daps
nah, you just want easy answers so you don't have to think...do you, breh and don't watch, but the show is great and I'll continue watching

Why am I not surprised you came back with another smart dumb ostentatious response? I think you need start branching out and watch more shyt, if you think this nondescript tv series is some Jodorowsky type shyt.

ADLT

make u feel sum type a wave
Daps
Reppin
choom gang
The Leftovers >> Rectify

:umad:

:mjlol:

you right it's not a debate

recitify is in another stratosphere compared to this

and i say that as someone that somewhat enjoys this show

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol:

you right it's not a debate

recitify is in another stratosphere compared to this

and i say that as someone that somewhat enjoys this show

:ohhh: i just looked up rectify never heard of it before. is there a thread? drop more knowledge about the show