The Leftovers new Damon Lindelof Hbo series

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I think that cult was getting taken out by that special unit.

remember Agent Caney was telling Garvey on the phone that he could get the mute cults taken out.

I bet if his wife wasnt one of them he would of agreed to let it be done
Oh yeah I forgot all about that :ohhh:

You think it was them who killed her too?

I don't think it was the GR that did it

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ehh:

I dig this one. The Reverend is the best character so far. I want to see them dive into the Dog Hunter breh's character some since we know he's real now as well. He was trolling the shyt out of the Chief at that town hall meeting

:troll:
The Chief is fukking hilarious. Either has the :beli: or the :dahell: look

Last week:

Jill did you steal the baby Jesus :beli:

Are you enjoying my sandwich :beli:

Mayor: Chief, go to the store and get a new Jesus

Chief: Why don't you fukking do it :dahell:

This week:

Walks into a meeting full of angry citizens

Mayor: Chief Garvey is here now he'll be able to answer all your questions

Chief: :dahell:

Convo with the man with the gun had me :mjlol:

Chief: So we need everybody to be inside by 8PM

Man: That's not fair, we didn't do anything. How do we know they didn't do this:troll:

Chief: You were there with them when they found the body :dahell:

Man: I was there with some of them :troll:

Chief: You don't even live here :dahell:

Man: Yeah I do, when I moved here I thought it was a nice place :troll:

Chief: Are you fukking serious :dahell:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:laff:

Right, shyt is funny as fukk.

Another unintentionally funny scene with Garvey was when he was telling ol girls fiance that he could still get his lady back...

Dude was like, :dahell:

"Why the fukk would I do that?"

Cheif was like :why:...:whoa:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I cant front I think this show is straight piff. It keeps me guessing. My wife cried though when he saw the reverend washing his catatonic wife last week. The care and love in his eyes was touching.
Thats when you look at your wifey and go "if that happens to you im finding someone else" :troll:

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Also

Wouldn't be suprised if that old lady was stoned to death by her own people... seems like to me, that whole scene in the diner where their leader was telling Laurie that that she cant have any doubt, that pretty much was a threat that she'd end up like that old lady if her faith wavered and if she kept expressing feelings and emotions... remember she said "doubt is fire, and it will burn you to ash" I dont know if that was a symbolic metaphor or was she being literal, because that was literally how that old lady ended up:mjpls:

I think Laurie caught the threat too which is why she put on that whole show in front of the cult and reverend with the rape whistle.. you could tell the reverend's words were getting through to her before she ran out there

Also.. The preacher was knocked out cold with a similar sized rock in what appeared to be a conveniently timed attack.. and ended up losing his church to the GR because of it. They were pretty much watching him that whole episode... Even Garver's wife was out there on the swings when he went and dug up that money... so it's possible they knew he got the money to get his church back.

Maybe they got a group of folks that work outside that main group... that they use to watch/test/get rid of the weaker followers.

Last edited:

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On a side note, the score for this show is :wow: it can draw emotion out of even average scenes

they using the same depressing song every episode though :heh: they need to switch it up. but youre right, shyt works :banderas:

Also

Wouldn't be suprised if that old lady was stoned to death by her own people... seems like to me, that whole scene in the diner where their leader was telling Laurie that that she cant have any doubt, that pretty much was a threat that she'd end up like that old lady if her faith wavered and if she kept expressing feelings and emotions... remember she said "doubt is fire, and it will burn you to ash" I dont know if that was a symbolic metaphor or was she being literal, because that was literally how that old lady ended up:mjpls:

I think Laurie caught the threat too which is why she put on that whole show in front of the cult and reverend with the rape whistle.. you could tell the reverend's words were getting through to her before she ran out there

:patrice: think you might be right, that old lady patty (?) is not to be fukked with

that reverend stays getting shytted on. @Napoleon should watch this show

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
Get an HBO account you broke fagg*t :heh:
funny-dog-pictures-well-then.jpg

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I thought the scenes about the shirts showed he wasn't crazy and the cleaners really did have his shirts
I thought that the GR took his shirts, not sure though. I just assumed that's what they took from Garvey when they went into everybody's house and took something just to fukk with people.

I could be wrong though...