The Leftovers new Damon Lindelof Hbo series

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Pretty bland episode.

Its not bad, its just there. One things for sure this feels like a network show and not at all like an hbo show.

I do find it funny when people get upset at others only caring about how the people vanished.

I mean, heres how the conversation would play out telling someone about the show.

Yo have you seen the leftovers?:blessed:

Nah man whats That?:patrice:

New tv show about how 2% of the worlds population vanishes.:whoo:

Really? Sounds interesting. Where did the people go?:merchant:
They dont tell you thats not what the shows about:troll:

The fukk? But you just said :dwillhuh:
:troll:

Do you find yourself becoming less concerned with the disappearance mystery as the show goes on? I have been doing just that.

Before the show started I was all about the disappearance. But honestly I haven't even thought about it the last couple of episodes. And I'm a big mythology nerd so I didn't think that would be the case

I think the reason I may not really care much about it is because in my mind, this show and its characters still belongs to the author of the book. He created the world, he created the characters. They are fictional, what he says by its nature becomes fact. And he never revealed the cause, and has said that he never will, therefore anything that the show comes up with doesn't really matter to me because it isn't their choice to make. Artistically I mean

Obviously he sold the rights so Lindelof can do whatever he wants, but I kind of compare it to Game of Thrones and the problem of the show surpassing the books. These are GRRM's characters. What he says about their personality and plot becomes canon. When the show changes a storyline or alters a character (Stannis) I'm not bothered by it, but it isn't canon to me. Well, when we see those events unfold before the final book is out, its kind of going to be tough for me to swallow knowing that there may be changes on the show that won't exist later.

"These characters are my children. Probably the only children I will ever have" - GRRM :to:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Do you find yourself becoming less concerned with the disappearance mystery as the show goes on? I have been doing just that.

Before the show started I was all about the disappearance. But honestly I haven't even thought about it the last couple of episodes. And I'm a big mythology nerd so I didn't think that would be the case

I think the reason I may not really care much about it is because in my mind, this show and its characters still belongs to the author of the book. He created the world, he created the characters. They are fictional, what he says by its nature becomes fact. And he never revealed the cause, and has said that he never will, therefore anything that the show comes up with doesn't really matter to me because it isn't their choice to make. Artistically I mean

Obviously he sold the rights so Lindelof can do whatever he wants, but I kind of compare it to Game of Thrones and the problem of the show surpassing the books. These are GRRM's characters. What he says about their personality and plot becomes canon. When the show changes a storyline or alters a character (Stannis) I'm not bothered by it, but it isn't canon to me. Well, when we see those events unfold before the final book is out, its kind of going to be tough for me to swallow knowing that there may be changes on the show that won't exist later.

"These characters are my children. Probably the only children I will ever have" - GRRM :to:
I honestly can say I don't really care if they explain why.

As someone who never watched Lost I don't hold any ill will towards the creator.

Their definitely is some interesting things happening in the show and I thought episode 3 was fantastic so I know the show has untapped potential.

I'm definitely gving it at least a season. I hope they stay away from supernatural stuff that never gets explained. The premise is enough because as others have said it's called The Leftovers, not the vanishing or whatever. So the title already tells you what to expect. But yeah I feel indifferent to the mystery aspect so far. I hope for more singular character focused episodes, so far that seems stronger.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
NATURE BOY GOT MAD LOVE FOR YOU @obarth AND NORMALLY AGREE ON SHOWS/MOVIES, BUT NOT SURE HOW THIS shyt IS SO GOOD TO YOU :dwillhuh:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
:manny: My favorite show since The Wire and The Sopranos went off the air is Mad Men. I was talking to one of my boys and told him I've always believed that real life is stranger and more compelling than fiction. So I understand and have no problem that nikkas might find The Leftovers or Mad Men boring, but I'm really into human interaction whether there's a crazy plot full of action or it's just people going about their daily lives:manny: Different shows serve different purposes for me so that's why despite what I just said I can get as much enjoyment out of True Blood and Sons of Anarchy as I can out of True Detective or Downton Abbey:wow:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
:manny: My favorite show since The Wire and The Sopranos went off the air is Mad Men. I was talking to one of my boys and told him I've always believed that real life is stranger and more compelling than fiction. So I understand and have no problem that nikkas might find The Leftovers or Mad Men boring, but I'm really into human interaction whether there's a crazy plot full of action or it's just people going about their daily lives:manny: Different shows serve different purposes for me so that's why despite what I just said I can get as much enjoyment out of True Blood and Sons of Anarchy as I can out of True Detective or Downton Abbey:wow:
Mad men is my co-goat.

And in truth it took me a full season before I really fell in love with it and the characters.

Daps
Reppin
Charlotte, North Carolina

:whoa: MAD MEN IS DOPE BREH

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
also what did it mean by the son painting that shyt on his head and not wearing shoes

is that some kinda cult that does that?

Yeah, I didn't get that either. I'm guessing in the world of the show it is, Asian thot is annoying to me. She out here talking to everbody, crazy naked guy and soldier. Didn't ol boy tell her to keep quiet :leostare:

I didn't enjoy this nearly as much as the last episode and right now the show is :patrice:for me. Show might not be for me, but I'm giving it more time to see where it goes.

Low key the mayor could get it :shaq:, why she got the chief of police picking up dolls though :dwillhuh:. He showed up to the dance on some I found baby Jesus guys :troll:, while the people looked at him like :skip:.

On the positive side, I liked his conversation with Nora in the hallway. That moment when he realized who she was and gave her that oh, and you could tell how she felt :wow:. Learning Laurie was broken pre-departure explains better why she would fall into the cult as well.

Part of my frustration is with the GR as they make up a bulk of the show. Okay if you want to remind people about what happened and smoke cigs, but you breaking into homes like its nothing and stealing photographs now :damn:

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
just found out the guys from What the Flick are doing episode reviews

their reviews are usually pretty good

here go the reviews for the first 4 episodes

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Based on the consistent piff they pump out, I pretty much give every HBO series a go (except the gay version of sex in the city they put out recently)...this was really a big fukking chore to sit through the first two episodes, then episode 3 was dope as hell...this latest episode pretty much locked me in to the end of this season at least (is there gonna be more than one season...or does the story end at the end of this one?)...I'm most interested in the hugging prophet guy storyline...the asian chick he knocked up seems to be carrying the antichrist or something (the A.C. referred to in the title of the ep?)...my interest in that kinda tampered down though when i saw this thread and saw the people said we never get any kind resolution about the disappearances...so I'm guessing the baby thing is going nowhere and I'll end up pissed after watching the whole thing :ld:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
The police chief is a Rick that can act :smugdraper:

The daughter :noah: (Andie McDowell has GOAT genes
article-0-0CB4A8CF00000578-237_468x690.jpg
:ahh:)

Show's storyline and writing = John from Cincinnati :huhldup:

RJY33

master of reality
Daps
Great show. Still enjoyjng it. More intrigued than ever about the motivations of the GR, the weird shyt happening to the cop, and wondering what that mayor's thang smells like :shaq:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Great show. Still enjoyjng it. More intrigued than ever about the motivations of the GR, the weird shyt happening to the cop, and wondering what that mayor's thang smells like :shaq:
That mayor :animatedbanderas:

But I think Kevin is going insane...these first 4 episodes hint that he's not well and is close to full blown losing it

Μαρία

God's Wife
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earth
Im still intrigued by this show. I wonder how the mayor got hooked up with Kevin's crazy a$$ father. :merchant:
I agree wit the poster that said we need more lost-like eps with focus on different characters.