The Leftovers new Damon Lindelof Hbo series

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
I've only watched the first episode so far.. and I thought it was good, interesting and intriguing for the most part.. it's more of a character study for the most part, which is mostly a good thing to me. It's pretty clear that the people that we see who 'survived" are all living in their own personal hell and they are going to go further into that "hell" until they find some sort of redemption or whatever.... We will probably end up seeing them devour each other before any solutions are found... that's the way it looks...

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
I tried watching the second episode last night and could keep up ill give it another try once the season is over

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I guess I can understand the acting complaints (the son last night was :rudy: status.... same with Liv Tyler a bit), but I absolutely do not understand the complaints about the plot. It's been two episodes out of what, 10, 12? Show is setting up all sorts of fukkery to go down between the lady that lost her whole family, the Guilty Remnant, the Chief slowly losing his shyt, the Pastor that has some sort of power/influence over people, etc.

It's not like there's shyt else to watch on TV Sunday nights and this show does great work w/ the unsettling/mind-games aura
The Strain and season 2 of Ray Donovan starts this Sunday :blessed:

RJY33

master of reality
Daps
Ask for all the answers after 2 episodes brehs...

Why does every detail need to be explained already? We aren't 3 or 4 seasons in with no answers yet.

"Why havent they explained the cult yet?"
"Why did the people dissapear"

:beli: this one isnt for the ADHD crowd

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
The whole lets follow a woman because she carries a handgun in her purse and she intentionally knocked over a cup storyline was some of the worst shyt I've ever seen on HBO.

Its only because you missed the point. She's the woman that lost her whole family that day and she does insurance claims , but we don't know why yet...she may do it because she's obsessed with learning other experiences of people who lost their families...she may do it for other nastier reasons...

Main thing is if you don't like it, don't watch it :yeshrug:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Ask for all the answers after 2 episodes brehs...

Why does every detail need to be explained already? We aren't 3 or 4 seasons in with no answers yet.

"Why havent they explained the cult yet?"
"Why did the people dissapear"

:beli: this one isnt for the ADHD crowd

Watch these same people be in here every week complaining...

If you don't like it, don't watch it...I don't like Game of Thrones, so I don't go in those threads complaining all day about it...I just don't watch it

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I'm still tuning in but I don't know if I'm tuning in because I like the show or if I'm just waiting to see what fukkery lindelof pulls, more likely the latter. As others have mentioned the writing and acting is suspect, the actors don't seem like they've completely bought in to the whole scenario the show begins with. I know a chick who looks and acts like that blonde hippie chick who took that candy from that lady with a gun, I want to dikk both of them down

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Second one was worse than the first but I'm in it for the long haul. The potential is too good to pass up. Acting is decent enough. I'm not gonna send it to the bushes after two episodes.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly, I'm happy the people who aren't feeling this show are making their minds up this early. The show is getting great reviews and decent ratings for a new series. If the cats who feel this isn't their type of show stop watching now, this thread hopefully wont turn to shyt like the True Detective one did with dudes obsessing over the Yellow King and other dumb theories. That said, this is the coli so I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of dudes saying they're done with this show post every week just to say this show is trash and reassert that they're done watching it:manny:
:manny:

When the second episode started with the feds talking about the black dude being a pedophile that claims to hug the pain away with connections to DC and that dude was a national threat I was :ohhh:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
:manny:

When the second episode started with the feds talking about the black dude being a pedophile that claims to hug the pain away with connections to DC and that dude was a national threat I was :ohhh:
Trust, I'm hoping there's more to the show than just "people coping", and I'm intrigued with that hugging ass nikka as well, but tv show threads stay being plagued with cats that are "done with this show" that stay posting on a weekly basis about each new episode. I was reading an article and the author of the books was talking about how the show deviates from the book and he said the biggest difference is that Lindelof wants to explore the latent supernatural themes a bit more than the books do. On one hand that worries me bu on the other, if it's subtle enough it could work great. I just don't want to see a thread where great discussion can happen get derailed like I've seen so many other threads get.

At the end of the episode, Kevin visits his father in a mental institution. The old man tells him, “They’re sending someone to help you,” and we’re left to think: the Mystery Man? A ghost? An alien? Suddenly we’re in the territory of Lindelof’s last show,Lost — metaphysical red herrings and such.

Let me just say that the defining creative tension with Damon has been exactly this issue. We both agree that there’s this big unexplainable event that, as far as we know, is supernatural. To me, this is the fundamental fact of religion — they all refer to this foundational supernatural act, but it was always a long time ago. And history is humans grinding out in the non-miraculous world. But Damon’s impulse is to say, well, I don’t know, the rules seem different now. And I can’t argue with that. The way we’ve resolved it up to now has been: These are all phenomena that could exist in our world — this guy has cracked under stress, he’s hearing voices, people have dreams that seem prophetic. All these things are phenomena that I can live with. But he seems to be pushing in that direction and I’m pulling in this direction. We tugged at it to the very last day.
http://www.vulture.com/2014/07/leftovers-tom-perrotta-book-tv-changes.html

young3000

Most wanted baby father
Daps
Reppin
where they cross-over and clap boards
I'm still on the fence about this show....that black guy and his fascination with young asian girls :mjlol: ....feds try to take him out.
Episode seemed to be all over the place, about half way through I pulled my phone out and started playing candy crush