The layoffs subreddit thread is sad

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
Blindly submitting resumes to online job postings seems like the worst strategy to take

Sending 1000 "easy applies" to jobs with 100+ applicants is a waste of time.

My job right now has an active listing on LinkedIn that says over 100 people have applied. If you apply at this point you're not getting seen.
We can't go through all of those resumes, seems like it was mostly first come first serve with who we're interviewing.

A job I'm interviewing for also has hundreds of applicants on LinkedIn, but I was lucky to get a referral and bypass all of that.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you read this did you read that he companies want this so they can continue to underpay people

The NAS committee of scientists, professors and national security experts recommends that Congress add employment-based green cards, end the per-country limit for high-skilled immigrant visas and expand the domestic pipeline in science and engineering

:comeon:
Just look at what the liberals in Canada did to their tech job market. The same thing is gonna happen in the US. And both Republicans and Democrats are in on it.

Sens. Lee and Harris Introduce Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act

WASHINGTON – Sens. Mike Lee (R-UT) and Kamala Harris (D-CA) introduced the Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act Wednesday, a bill that would remove per-country caps for employment-based green cards.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Just look at what the liberals in Canada did to their tech job market. The same thing is gonna happen in the US. And both Republicans and Democrats are in on it.

Sens. Lee and Harris Introduce Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act

WASHINGTON – Sens. Mike Lee (R-UT) and Kamala Harris (D-CA) introduced the Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act Wednesday, a bill that would remove per-country caps for employment-based green cards.
Again your gripes are with the corporations sponsoring these people. Did you know republicans led the way for this type of hiring during the bush jr era right? The republicans we posture they are against this and cut deals with companies to allow HB1 visas so they don't have to pay people in the US fair ages.

The bill has also been endorsed by Immigration Voice, Compete America Coalition, the Information Technology Industry Council, Google, Microsoft, The Heritage Foundation, La Raza, and many others.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Again your gripes are with the corporations sponsoring these people. Did you know republicans led the way for this type of hiring during the bush jr era right? The republicans we posture they are against this and cut deals with companies to allow HB1 visas so they don't have to pay people in the US fair ages.
Democrats have been doing this in concert with Republicans. They often take unpopular Republican bills rebrand them to fool the naive public. Bill Clinton signed NAFTA which was a disaster for US Manufacturing jobs. Kamala will kill what's left of the US tech job market. They've scrubbed the Internet of the talks she did on adding more visas for Indian immigrants.

Pres. Clinton signed S. 2045 and H.R. 5362 into law in October 2000, raising the H-1B cap to 195,000 and raising the INS filing fee by $500.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79

:picard:

Just finished 5 rounds of interviews this past week and a half... unsure of outcome.​

job hunting

• First - met with the HR person
  • Second - met with the CTO
..received an email from the HR person 10 mins after finishing my interview with the CTO to set up panel interviews
  • Third - Panel #1 - 2 people
  • Fourth - Panel #2 - 2 people
  • Fifth - Panel #3 - 2 people
shyt like this makes me glad I got hired at my current gig during covid. A damn 15 minute phone interview as I sat in my car and got hired on the spot. Employers were desperate lol

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
There's still Indian dude who's only 7 months into Canada and already got a job at Walmart
.I guarantee you, little Timmy from down the street couldn't even find a job there because hiring managers only want immigrants so they can use and abuse em

Earlier this year I applied to 28 Walmart positions across 4 locations. Didn't hear back from a single one of them. Not one..
I applied to well over 100 jobs in January/February and only heard back from maybe 5. It's difficult to find a job nowadays.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There's still Indian dude who's only 7 months into Canada and already got a job at Walmart
.I guarantee you, little Timmy from down the street couldn't even find a job there because hiring managers only want immigrants so they can use and abuse em

Earlier this year I applied to 28 Walmart positions across 4 locations. Didn't hear back from a single one of them. Not one..
I applied to well over 100 jobs in January/February and only heard back from maybe 5. It's difficult to find a job nowadays.
Canada is far worse than the US. Our government is retarded. They brought in MILLIONS of immigrants with no checks and balances. We have needs in certain areas and didn't even bring in immigrants to fill those needs. Youth unemployment soaring. We fukked.

Payday23

Superstar
Daps

:picard:

Just finished 5 rounds of interviews this past week and a half... unsure of outcome.​

job hunting

• First - met with the HR person
  • Second - met with the CTO
..received an email from the HR person 10 mins after finishing my interview with the CTO to set up panel interviews
  • Third - Panel #1 - 2 people
  • Fourth - Panel #2 - 2 people
  • Fifth - Panel #3 - 2 people
GD you applying for NASA