The layoffs subreddit thread is sad

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
This. I work in state government and got my own staff. It’s hard just write somebody up. Folks gotta have a loooooong list of disciplinary actions before they can be let go sand you gotta document every little thing. Even for contractuals who they claim are “at will”. I’ve seen people come to work drunk and HR just sends them to counseling
How do I work for the government and over throw them at the same time ?

This is a joke @Feds :whoa:

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
Get you a govt job. It’s almost impossible to get fired/laid off
It's hard as hell to get in tho and a lot of brehs not trying to do that because the jobs aren't "exciting" or "sound fancy".

My city has these massive job fairs (bus drivers and other support staff for entre level positions) and you rarely see brehs there. Or they don't wanna do jobs they feel are beneath them to get in.

I understand if you have bare experience in a trade or some sort of education. But if you were a part time personal trainer or an order picker at Amazon, why you complaining.
:yeshrug:

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
It's hard as hell to get in tho and a lot of brehs not trying to do that because the jobs aren't "exciting" or "sound fancy".

My city has these massive job fairs (bus drivers and other support staff for entre level positions) and you rarely see brehs there. Or they don't wanna do jobs they feel are beneath them to get in.

I understand if you have bare experience in a trade or some sort of education. But if you were a part time personal trainer or an order picker at Amazon, why you complaining.
:yeshrug:
that's a shame. I work in local govt and they have great perks and benefits, especially when it comes to retirement and pentions.

I believe private sector pays more, but in terms of stability and benefits, public might be better depending on the job.

People gotta get over themselves and take these jobs, especially if it's that or being unemployed :manny:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
How you holding up breh?
Shieeet the best that i can breh. Thanks for asking. I'm good but every now and then have a few down days. The Canadian job market is just shyt and Americans dont seem to wanna hire mid/senior level ppl from Canada.

That being said I managed to enjoy the summer a bit and thankfully made some good trades in my investment portfolio. That along with a decent severance should hold me down enough to patiently wait for a good opportunity and not just any one.

Ima prolly plan a vacation once the weather starts to get a bit colder though. Need a change of scenery

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Didn't Kamala sponsor a Bill just like this in Congress? These tech clowns are screwed.
:mjlol:

National Academy Calls For More Immigrant Visas, No Per-Country Limit​

Tommy Lee Jones

All Star
Daps
I have a job but started looking for a new one. I will put my resume into chat gpt then ask chat gpt to customize my resume to fit this job description and then I give it the job description. Then I ask it to write me a cover letter. you still gotta double check your resume but I am sure these places using ai to search cor keywords and shyt so I'm beating them at their own game.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm on the path to being a Talent Acquisition Manager at a top SFO, SaaS company by the end of this year and I've been doing this for 6 years.

A couple things are true about this job market:

1. Now is not the time to leave your job without another lined up. Within the first 24 hours of a job posting (Sales) i'll get easily 200 applications.

2. Many unqualified people apply usually ~90% of the applications we receive

3. Some candidates been looking for close to a year

4. Data shows that the top 2 sources of hiring are: Internal Promotions followed by Referrals (last quarter our Large Enterprise team hired 62% referrals and promotions. And, we only had 2 true new hires because the rest were boomerangs to the company)

5. Companies are having "light" restructuring without formal announcements. I've seen this happen twice across the org including in Talent Acquisition. Sales are PiP heavy forcing people out and not backfilling to remain profitable

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Didn't Kamala sponsor a Bill just like this in Congress? These tech clowns are screwed.
:mjlol:

National Academy Calls For More Immigrant Visas, No Per-Country Limit​

If you read this did you read that he companies want this so they can continue to underpay people

The NAS committee of scientists, professors and national security experts recommends that Congress add employment-based green cards, end the per-country limit for high-skilled immigrant visas and expand the domestic pipeline in science and engineering

:comeon: