The layoffs subreddit thread is sad

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
Been looking at a second job. I wonder how long I could handle it
I started looking as well. I put in 40-50 apps within the last two weeks. Hoping to hear something before I get back to the States next month.
:dahell:
Delta haven’t hit me back yet. Neither has Coca-Cola. USPS isn’t hiring in my area. I’m not trying to be a post man in Atlanta Atlanta. Give me the burbs or Forest Park.
:whoa:

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
I started looking as well. I put in 40-50 apps within the last two weeks. Hoping to hear something before I get back to the States next month.
:dahell:
Delta haven’t hit me back yet. Neither has Coca-Cola. USPS isn’t hiring in my area. I’m not trying to be a post man in Atlanta Atlanta. Give me the burbs or Forest Park.
:whoa:
Atlanta Atlanta nicer than Forest Park for the most part though these days

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
The vast majority of these layoffs are in the tech industry, which had an extreme level of bloat because of their covid hiring spree. It is not a bad time to be an electrician, everyone I know is getting significant increases in pay because the market is so competitive for our services. It was bound to happen with Tech just like college degrees becoming devalued. Too many people concentrated in the same field will eventually lead to layoffs/paycuts, has happened to most fields before and it's they turn now.
Skills like plumbing and electrician will never go out of business.

Even cutting grass, most people are too lazy to cut their own grass

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
that's a shame. I work in local govt and they have great perks and benefits, especially when it comes to retirement and pentions.

I believe private sector pays more, but in terms of stability and benefits, public might be better depending on the job.

People gotta get over themselves and take these jobs, especially if it's that or being unemployed :manny:
Same here, if you look at my applications tally on my govt website it says 99+ lol. People tell me they don't wanna apply because they think they won't get hired because it's competitive and I tell them life's competitive, especially for most of us who wasn't born with a silver spoon.

Yeah public sector gets you paid paid. Project managers and Engineers at my job (public sector) make around 80-120k but private you could touch 200+ plus but you gotta be cutthroat and another thing they don't tell you how it's not guaranteed you'll even make that money. My boy who was an environmental engineer who worked private started at 53k but has the opportunity to make a stupid amount but when he come to the public sector he started at 82k and can max out at 90 something, unless he gets a senior engineer role (90-120k).

It's not as much as he could get but he has the stability, pension and good benefit to look towards.

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
Atlanta Atlanta nicer than Forest Park for the most part though these days
I’m in South Dekalb. I want to be close. I just saw a posting for Ellenwood after I posted. It closes in three days though.

USPS works fast. Last time I applied, they wanted fingerprints within three weeks. I’m looking too early.

A lot of positions are open for Brehs that are looking. Start you at $20 an hour. I know we 6 figures out here but they can top at our 60K. I think they still do pensions as well.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
And this is why ill retire in the health care workforce. Economy doesnt matter :blessed:

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Get you a govt job. It’s almost impossible to get fired/laid off

I started a government job last year, left my job I've had since Junior year of college where I was hired as an intern. It was bittersweet but so far I've already had 2 raises and I do nothing most of the day. It was rough starting out though, but once I got past that initial training period it's been gravy.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Same here, if you look at my applications tally on my govt website it says 99+ lol. People tell me they don't wanna apply because they think they won't get hired because it's competitive and I tell them life's competitive, especially for most of us who wasn't born with a silver spoon.

Yeah public sector gets you paid paid. Project managers and Engineers at my job (public sector) make around 80-120k but private you could touch 200+ plus but you gotta be cutthroat and another thing they don't tell you how it's not guaranteed you'll even make that money. My boy who was an environmental engineer who worked private started at 53k but has the opportunity to make a stupid amount but when he come to the public sector he started at 82k and can max out at 90 something, unless he gets a senior engineer role (90-120k).

It's not as much as he could get but he has the stability, pension and good benefit to look towards.
exactly. It takes nothing to apply, and if you arent working or lost your job recently, there's no reason not to try for a govt job. Most places don't give you a pension at all

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
I started a government job last year, left my job I've had since Junior year of college where I was hired as an intern. It was bittersweet but so far I've already had 2 raises and I do nothing most of the day. It was rough starting out though, but once I got past that initial training period it's been gravy.
lol same here. There's also pretty much no micro-managing as most public sector jobs. I'm literally at work as i type this. "Moving at the speed of government" is a real thing lol

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
lol same here. There's also pretty much no micro-managing as most public sector jobs. I'm literally at work as i type this. "Moving at the speed of government" is a real thing lol

I probably work on average of 2 hours a day :russ: everything else is zoom calls and emails that I usually don't even have to respond to.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps

ChatGPT summary of the PRO Act if nobody wants to read it:

How does any non-CEO find this bad?

Outside of it being racial, now you know why Elon and all the other CEO's/Republicans probably hate her even more.

Code:
[*]Requiring all workers in a union-represented group to help pay for the union's work, even if state law says otherwise.

I don't work in an union. Why should I pay union dues?

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
I probably work on average of 2 hours a day :russ: everything else is zoom calls and emails that I usually don't even have to respond to.
LMAO do we work at the same job :dead:

I get raises for doing damn near nothing all day. It's actually very kushy lol

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is a disaster waiting to happen. Nobody even knows all the obscure programs run by the government.
:mjlol:

Trump vows to establish an 'efficiency commission' with Elon Musk at the helm​

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Code:
[*]Requiring all workers in a union-represented group to help pay for the union's work, even if state law says otherwise.

I don't work in an union. Why should I pay union dues?

You’re a moron.