The Last of Us Part I 9/2/22 PS5, 3/28/23 PC

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Like where joel is right after his daughter died

Grounded is tough you legit have to conserve your ammo cuz who knows if you’ll ever find more
:dead: Basically the beginning of the game. Yea if I do Grounded it’ll be after survivor. Probably whenever pt 3 is about to come out

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Like where joel is right after his daughter died

Grounded is tough you legit have to conserve your ammo cuz who knows if you’ll ever find more

You better get familiar with those bricks and bottles, and almost always use stealth (increased difficulty means you will break stealth often, but you can still get a few easy kills before this happens).

Most areas you need to prioritize the exit instead of clearing all of the enemies. You won't have enough ammo or resources to clear everyone, especially clickers.

Last edited:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Took the dive since I was bored Sunday evening. Not worth 70 if you already played the remaster (bought OG and Remastered), but I can appreciate the work they put into it. I can tell it was more than a copy paste job, and the work went to make the environment(s) feel much more natural. Nothing so far has stuck out or felt gamey. The gunplay feels better, but at the end of the day it’s the same game. Worth full price if someone hasn’t played Remastered (whether they played OG or not).

Otherwise I’d say it’s worth copping on a good sale. Great work. I wish they expanded on the game in some way, but I can understand their decision a little more with my hands on the game

thanks for the info, but I cannot justify copping this game for a 3rd time across three consoles.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
thanks for the info, but I cannot justify copping this game for a 3rd time across three consoles.
I can’t fault this take at all. I was definitely planning on waiting until this was on PS+ :russ: Only if you super fw it is it worth more than 40-50 brand new. It’s enough of the same game I haven’t gone back and played more in a few days. I give them way more credit than I did from the outside looking in tho.

Between this and 2k, I’m realizing some of this shyt ain’t really made for my demo anymore. Saves me time and money*

*when my dumbass listens to my first thought

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
im not sure why it never bothered me before but i feel like ellie and sams voices are way too deep for their age.

I would play an entire game as Henry

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
There really is no easy method to beating Bloaters lol. You just gotta avoid them somehow cause they will use up all your ammo and have you running around the level chasing your ass while you try to scavenge resources for a quick explosive or molotov, only to find out you gonna need another cause that wasnt enough.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Made it all the way to subway system

One last clicker

Stun with a bottle, picked up a brick and smashed that shyt on the bol like Craig did Deebo on Friday

Clicker basically did a “nikka please” mauled me to death … 2 hours and 15 minutes waisted

Again, cried and turned it off

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Just beat it on survivor. Haven't played Left Behind again yet. Definitely still feels like a PS3 game in many ways, but overall this was a really good experience going through a classic game with all this new fidelity. It literally feels like youre playing through a real life scenario sometimes. If you on the fence I would definitely wait for a sale cause theres going to be one inevitably in 1-2 months cause its definitely worth playing again.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Just beat it on survivor. Haven't played Left Behind again yet. Definitely still feels like a PS3 game in many ways, but overall this was a really good experience going through a classic game with all this new fidelity. It literally feels like youre playing through a real life scenario sometimes. If you on the fence I would definitely wait for a sale cause theres going to be one inevitably in 1-2 months cause its definitely worth playing again.

Yeah, you’re reminded of the ps3-ness of it once you play TLOU P2 again after. The controls, mechanics. And animations of part 2 are just in a completely different league. Graphically the experience is pretty seamless now jumping from one into two, it feels like one big game but you really feel the difference when you get going.

It 100% makes sense why they didn’t add the p2, prone, jump, and dodge stuff, they would have had to add another two years of dev time for the game and its really not worth it in the end. The game does what it needs to do which is just bring it in line aesthetically and accesibility wise for new gamers and for PC.

Feel like they should have just waited until early next year and launched it at 50 dollars or bundled for 70 with part 2. I’m sure there will be some type of directors cut for part 2 but im not really sure what they can add outside of dualsense support and extra unlockables. Everything else is already in the game.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, you’re reminded of the ps3-ness of it once you play TLOU P2 again after. The controls, mechanics. And animations of part 2 are just in a completely different league. Graphically the experience is pretty seamless now jumping from one into two, it feels like one big game but you really feel the difference when you get going.

I'm going for the platinum in this and them I'm playing through TLOU 2 again to get the platinum in that. Idk if I wanna do TLOU P2 on higher difficulties after playing through TLOU P1, shyt is stressful as hell lol.

It 100% makes sense why they didn’t add the p2, prone, jump, and dodge stuff, they would have had to add another two years of dev time for the game and its really not worth it in the end. The game does what it needs to do which is just bring it in line aesthetically and accesibility wise for new gamers and for PC.

A lot of those complaints was console war bullshyt. Wtf is going prone gonna do for you in this game lol. Dodge might have been useful in the higher difficulties to get around enemies who push and flank you, but still not required at all.

I wish they made the grabbing more seamless instead of contextual where you need to wait for the game to bring up the triangle button prompt. But this is one of those PS3 mechanics you gotta deal with in a old game.

Feel like they should have just waited until early next year and launched it at 50 dollars or bundled for 70 with part 2. I’m sure there will be some type of directors cut for part 2 but im not really sure what they can add outside of dualsense support and extra unlockables. Everything else is already in the game.

This definitely shouldve been $50. But honestly it'll probably be that by next year.