Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
breh, you’re not gonna sit here and lie to my face about these being the same thing.

1647450076_480870_1647450318_noticia_normal.jpg

FVANkSeWAAAHxla

Stop it breh, leave this thread

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
According to you. It’s impossible to know what the sales expectations or even the budget for the game was so trying to definitively imply whether it was successful or not is kind of irrelevant.

What we DO KNOW is that if the game was a flop, sony wouldn’t be spending even more money on producing a show for it, and another expensive multiplayer and most likely another sequel for it. They could have easily pivoted back to Uncharted if this shyt did plastic numbers like you want to believe.

Game sold 4 million in pre orders alone, and recouped dev cost, so if it goes on to sell 15+ million which it most likely will, especially with a full price PC port, its still probably 2x as much as a game you probably think is killing it in sales

Im not saying it flopped. To me flopped is drastic.

Im saying (and yes im estimating) that it didn’t meet sales expectations. My evidence to back it up are simple. Rather quick 50% sale price, outside of the ‘4.5 million in 1 week’, we never got any sales updates until now, Sony never stated that it met or surpassed expectations in press release or investor calls.

The franchise is still popular so it getting an HBO show isnt a surprise. Plus, the TV show is irrelevant to this conversation.

The multiplayer is something that us gamers have demanded. Plus, we know that it will be a live service game so it has potential to be recurring revenue. So of course Sony will invest in it.

Finally, im not talking about the inevitable PC port or directors cut. Im talking PS4 edition sales. I greatly suspect the game commercially under performed.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Im not saying it flopped. To me flopped is drastic.

Im saying (and yes im estimating) that it didn’t meet sales expectations. My evidence to back it up are simple. Rather quick 50% sale price, outside of the ‘4.5 million in 1 week’, we never got any sales updates until now, Sony never stated that it met or surpassed expectations in press release or investor calls.

The franchise is still popular so it getting an HBO show isnt a surprise. Plus, the TV show is irrelevant to this conversation.

The multiplayer is something that us gamers have demanded. Plus, we know that it will be a live service game so it has potential to be recurring revenue. So of course Sony will invest in it.

Finally, im not talking about the inevitable PC port or directors cut. Im talking PS4 edition sales. I greatly suspect the game commercially under performed.

Sony doesn’t do sales updates on their games quarterly. They only update people on sales as PR for whatever next project they’re rolling out. No one knew Horizon Zero Dawn sold 20 million copies until Forbidden West came out, no one knew Ghost did 8 mil until they announced the movie adaptation, no one knew God of War did 19.5m until the PC Port was announced, etc.

No the tv show and multiplayer aren’t just “whatever, irrelevant, fans wanted it” they are major multi million dollar investments into an IP. Sony isn’t some mom & pop shop caving to fan demands or doing things for the sake of just liking the characters. Sony aren’t going to invest a 100 million+ into a multiplayer for a franchise people didn’t care about.

They are investing more money into the IP because they deem it to be valuable, if they were really displeased with TLOU2 numbers it would be Destruction All Stars or Sackboy status, aka you would never hear of it again.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the budget for part 3 is even bigger than Part 2

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
No, they were clearly marketed as ground up remakes.

And no, this is exactly like demon’s souls, ps3 games, remade from the ground up for current gen consoles.

Ok, you got me. They were marketed as remakes. I don’t care. I’m not here to defend those ports and doing better than what Rockstar did with those games is a low bar anyways.

Once again, technically speaking this Last of Us, Part 1 remake is closer to GTA 5 PS4 to PS5 than Demon Souls since the engine and release platforms are closer. Most of the work was already done on the PS4 projects.

I don’t have anything else to add to this.

But thank you and other fans for supporting this release with your day 1 purchase. It will help inject some funds for Naughty Dogs next original title. A title that I will be buying day 1.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
But thank you and other fans for supporting this release with your day 1 purchase. It will help inject some funds for Naughty Dogs next original title. A title that I will be buying day 1.

Me too. :cheers:

Hopefully they remake more ps3 games while they’re at it

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Sony doesn’t do sales updates on their games quarterly. They only update people on sales as PR for whatever next project they’re rolling out. No one knew Horizon Zero Dawn sold 20 million copies until Forbidden West came out, no one knew Ghost did 8 mil until they announced the movie adaptation, no one knew God of War did 19.5m until the PC Port was announced, etc.

No the tv show and multiplayer aren’t just “whatever, irrelevant, fans wanted it” they are major multi million dollar investments into an IP. Sony isn’t some mom & pop shop caving to fan demands or doing things for the sake of just liking the characters. Sony aren’t going to invest a 100 million+ into a multiplayer for a franchise people didn’t care about.

They are investing more money into the IP because they deem it to be valuable, if they were really displeased with TLOU2 numbers it would be Destruction All Stars or Sackboy status, aka you would never hear of it again.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the budget for part 3 is even bigger than Part 2

Just like some other posters, you are only half addressing what Im saying.

Me: The franchise is still popular, of course it will get a show.

You: Sony aren’t going to invest 100 million+ into a franchise that isnt people don’t care about.

Huh, I never said that people don’t care about it, im talking about ‘The Last of Us, Part 2’ on PS4.

Gizmo, I’ve been doing this too long breh. There is nothing about PlayStation that you can tell me. I read the press releases on PR sites, I read the investor reports, I read the PR fluff given to gaming media, I see the tweets from individual developers.

Anyways, this conversation has run its course. See you in the next thread.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Delusional because the remake clearly looks like an actual human and not a cartoon character?

Can you pull up quotes from years past saying this? :heh: Listen you want to spend money again on the same shyt with slightly tweaked mechanics fine but don’t post pure bullshyt. Acting like the old version was a sailor moon character