'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 With 7 Episodes |

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
No, if you read my previous few posts carefully you'll see that even though I don't see any point in separating the actions in the hospital from the lies that follow,
(because the effect of both parts is taking away Ellie's choice from her. And they have the same bottomline aim, which is

Because he loves her and she's his reason to live now)
it's not about the killings. You can forget the killings and my point still stands the exact same.

I'm saying that by lying he takes away her choice away forever. The nurses that survived and might maybe perhaps quizás one day tell it in a way that'll reach Ellie all the way back in Jackson don't matter in this equation because it wasn't Joel's goal. His goal was the one you said, and he lied to make sure that happened, meaning he tried to take her choice away forever, and succeeded as far as we know at the end of the show. The survivors don't matter because they didn't inform his intent by your own admission.

My line of reasoning isn't even out of the box, it's a pretty standard and straightforward reading of both the show and the game. I don't personally see a point in continuing to discuss that part, I'm good.
He doesnt take away her choice forever. She can look for other avenues to try and save the world using her infection on her own if she chooses.
She can seek out doctors/scientists. She can seek out other fire fly ppl and see how the research is going so far, whatever she wants.
Idk what this "took her choice forever" stuff is coming from :manny:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Granted... S1 was the most expensive S1 of a new television IP by a wide margin.
They had a budget of 100M+ this season.
Neil bout to be stealing more money cuz the stuff that was on screen this season didnt look like a 100M+ show lol

I need that bloater costume :damn:
for 500k you can get one :manny:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
They had a budget of 100M+ this season.
Neil bout to be stealing more money cuz the stuff that was on screen this season didnt look like a 100M+ show lol

for 500k you can get one :manny:
My man had a real giraffe for a couple grand and had it looking like CGI and marked it up for 1 mil :whew:

So there were huge budget constraints…..We should get a season 1 remastered :blessed:
Release the Druckman Cut :damn:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%

Where’s that fukk face that was claiming they would have to change season 2 cuz his crybaby ass didn’t like it
:umad:

ANYONE ELSE ON THAT WAVE GET READY TO CRY YA HEARTS OUT
BAHAHAHAHAHAH:russ:

There are definitely a few parts I think they take out. But I don't think they will change too much and they shouldn't.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
In S2, I'm most looking forward to backstory in some of the factions we see in the 2nd game

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
TWD season1 wasn’t groundbreaking. Never said it was. But you cannot deny it gave more life to the zombie genre after just a few seasons. You may not enjoy it personally but there’s a reason why so many people are calling TLOU the new TWD. Because TWD was that big of a show that people are desperately searching for a similar show to scratch that zombie itch (which is funny because TLOU isn’t trying to be TWD). The reason I said groundbreaking is because some folk are acting like TLOU season 1 is groundbreaking. Fukk TWD their comparing it to critically acclaimed and highly praised shows like Breaking Bad, The Wire, GOT etc. I don’t remember people calling TWD the goat after just one season. If anything people were just saying it might be the next big show (like Lost or something), and it had major potential.

This is my opinion. TWD season 1 was more entertaining to watch. The story isn’t as deep as TLOU but it’s a funner/more preferred watch for me. Sometimes people want to watch a show to get lost in its world building, it’s universe. Focus on multiple characters/survivors etc. I feel like TLOU show (not the game) was inconsistent with that (Ellie & Joel is too much the focus which I didn’t like about the game either even though I think the game is better than the show).

Sometimes people also just want to watch “a plain ol’ zombie flick”, or fukkery. Which is what TWD basically is. It’s like TLOU season has more story depth. But it lacked entertainment (which I’ll argue it’s not really ment to be fun/entertaining, at least not completely). I know I’m probably not conveying this well lol. It’s really just preference.

Basically TLOU show season 1 aims to make you feel (cry and what not, feel for the Ellie and Joel). TWD season 1 is more like a show that aims to entertain you, make you jump maybe (because it’s like a survivor/horror, and drama), have a good time with the group of survivors killing zombies and what not. Plus Rick was a loved character by the viewer.

There were more characters to care for in TWD season 1 to.
To this day I'll never understand why AMC got rid of Darabont. Show had so much potential. :snoop:

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
wow. finale was perfectly executed. the director says he thinks its the best story ever told in videogames. i dont know about that. I'd put metal gear solid or half life above it, but i get it.

cant wait for season two. people debating if joel was right or not are missing the point. its like, yeah will smith shouldnt have done what he did either. But love makes you do things. and when you really, really love someone you take all the beauty and bloodshed. but yall gon learn next season.