'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 With 7 Episodes |

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
dudes are complaining about spoilers but no one is talking about anything in the future eps of this season - everyone is pretty much staying with the episode that aired - people may talk about the next game but this isn't a show thats sticking to the game narrative and even then people are staying real basic
People name dropping characters that haven’t been on screen yet or talking about waiting to see the people that complained about the Bill & Frank ep keep the same energy for this latest episode. Talking about people are going to be in their feelings when season 2 does whatever happened in the game. All that shyt is spoiler territory. You said no one talking about future episodes this season, I don’t know what thread you’ve been in but these people been doing that since the show started.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Hard to to decide if I like this show more or less than I would have if I didn’t play the games. I’m curious if non-game players care much about Joel and Ellie based only on the show?

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Oh she wanted to eat Storm out huh?:mjlit:

So they both dykes? :jbhmm:

Without Joel, the show isn't as entertaining

Last edited:

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yes she is - she was born in sept 2003
Oh she wanted to eat Storm out huh?:mjlit:

So they both dykes? :jbhmm:

Without Joel, the show isn't as entertaining
I think tbh this episode in theory made sense with how the show is done but it was more effective as dlc and AFTER the game was finished. The context and stuff is extra I get it narratively it shows why Ellie cares so much to save Joel and even why she tried to help Henry/Sam.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
So when are yall gonna be ready to address how this show ripped off Days Gone horde attributes for the infected here :sas2:

Even if they did not a knock. The only thing Days Gone did on an elite level was the hordes. Nothing wrong with being inspired by art as long as the entire body of work isn't a carbon copy.

Days Gone is 10x more entertaining then TLOU

CarolinaKing

The Carolina Blueprint
Daps
Reppin
NC
My only issue with the show is that I feel it needs to be 12 or 13 episodes. I just feel the story needs to stretch a little. But I get it budget constraints etc.
It does feel rushed. You really don't even feel like it's been a struggle for them to make it across the country. That's why Ep. 3 disappointed me so much because the struggle they went through to get that battery in the game was something worth showing. In the show they were gifted a truck and a battery, made it to KC and then walked to Wyoming like it was nothing? The struggle should be more real in this show than it has been.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
It does feel rushed. You really don't even feel like it's been a struggle for them to make it across the country. That's why Ep. 3 disappointed me so much because the struggle they went through to get that battery in the game was something worth showing. In the show they were gifted a truck and a battery, made it to KC and then walked to Wyoming like it was nothing? The struggle should be more real in this show than it has been.

Exactly. The game made you feel how high the stakes were. This not so much at times.

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Very rushed. Especially when 2 out of the 9 episodes are not apart of the main story line. Show seems like a money grab with faux artistry. Joel went from hating Ellie to doing the mission for his old lady to crying disappointed he might not get Ellie to the final spot in like 2-3 episodes. I might be biased because I played the game and the show doesn't really add anything or make things you already know captivating. Ellie not leaving Joel and stitching him up was the only genuine heartfelt thing between their relationship I felt so far