'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
HBO has fallen flat a few times…but being familiar with the source material and them using the “chernobyl” creator on top of that is what made me anticipate this

I’m looking at some of the hbo shows i liked recently…

• Barry
  • Lovecraft country
  • Watchmen
  • Succession
  • Curb Your Enthusiasm
  • The Staircase
  • White Lotus
  • Euphoria
  • Station 11
  • House of The Dragon
  • Chernobyl
  • We Own This City
Etc. etc. like, if you tell me one of my favorites games is being adapted, im 100% choosing HBO and im positive it will be fire

Conz

Superstar
Daps
They already have Game of Thrones which is expensive.

Did you watch Station Eleven? I feel like while that show was great, it releasing on HBO just a year or so before this could create some genre fatigue for viewers IMO.
i did. wouldn't say i loved all of it, but i liked it. i can definitely tell you i left that pilot feeling a lot better about the story than i did this one. i also liked Jeevan and the little girl more than our main chracters here. plus, that show had silver linings and some levity. this show doesn't seem like it's gonna have any of that. maybe it does. i'm giving it 2 more episodes to move away from everything i expect out of zombie storylines, or else i'll bow out.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
to each their own…I had zero knowledge of the books yet was literally hooked from the opening scene…and there are no words I would waste to “convince” you to like it out the gate and conversely there’s nothing you can say that can make me understand why it took that long for you to enjoy the first ep…and neither of us are right or wrong on the shyt
You liked Royce getting effed up by snow zombies?

I didn't see the scene until years later because I got a pirated copy of the pilot. My first scene was Bran missing with them arrows, then Arya hitting the bullseye

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

I didn't see the scene until years later because I got a pirated copy of the pilot. My first scene was Bran missing with them arrows, then Arya hitting the bullseye

The promise of the white walkers in season 1 vs what we actually got in the final season :francis:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

absolutely…the “mystical” component of it instantly hooked me in…I streamed it off kodi at the time before the app got all fukked up

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:what: some of GoT's best scenes and eps were based around the white walkers

The battle of hardhome was the best use of them, i can’t think of any other instance that was as good. The actual war against them at winter fell was incredibly wack

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shyt is crazy how much of this story I got committed to memory, to where I see everything coming, settings, the differences, scenes they skipped, characters all of it :russ:

I’m fw it. It’s not hard to replicate since the point of the game was to replicate film/TV, but they got the vibes down pat.
Damn near hit the :mjcry:when they drove past the burning farm. They did it.
It's not bad at all but it feels like it's barely gotten started to me
I mean, the first hour covered like the very beginning of the game. Episode 1 ended right after you learn how to jump and throw weapons on the game :russ:

Did you watch Station Eleven? I feel like while that show was great, it releasing on HBO just a year or so before this could create some genre fatigue for viewers IMO.
I don't think Station Eleven got anywhere as much hype or viewers as TLOU got and will get though. Doubt there was even enough people watching Station 11 to fukk with the viewership of TLOU if they passed on it.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
GOT pilot shyt on this. I didn't watch GOT thinking, "ah, this again, huh?" even if there have been a million sword and sandle/sorcery epics. the zombie dystopian genre just has the least amount of wiggle room of any genre. i'm hoping this delivers on subverting things, but just going off the pilot, i'm not so sure.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Bella_Ramsey_at_the_2022_TIFF_Premiere_of_Catherine_Called_Birdy_%2852358884151%29_%28cropped%29.jpg

Yall cant tell me her face doesnt look detachable. Underdeveloped looking ass broad
full
So you normally like your actresses playing 14 year old children to look “developed”?

:patrice:
:sitdown:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don't think Station Eleven got anywhere as much hype or viewers as TLOU got and will get though.
For sure it didn't, but speaking about what @Conz is talking about there being fatigue with another zombie dystopian show, I wanted to confirm if Station Eleven had anything to do with it from his perspective. I don't think the masses will care cause I'm sure a lot of people haven't seen Station Eleven.

HBO is def going hard with TLOU so it's going to get the eyes and attention, but I also can see how fans of the genre could be waiting for more after the pilot. I'm confident they'll be happy with it because if the pilot is any indication of them being able to create the same sense of tension like the game did, people who have no experience with the game are in for some prime pure cut fukkery that has not been executed on TV/Movie in this space IMO.

Another thing that people might not realize is that TLOU's story has probably had a lot of influence within the genre since the game dropped. Station Eleven for example was released AFTER the game. So a lot of things you see in these shows/stories with certain depictions and dynamics were probably things that were creators seen or experience in the original TLOU game. Keep that in mind.