'The Last of Us' HBO Series (NO GAME SPOILERS!) | Season 2 Coming 2025 (7 Episodes) | Season 2 Official Teaser Released

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Bella_Ramsey_at_the_2022_TIFF_Premiere_of_Catherine_Called_Birdy_%2852358884151%29_%28cropped%29.jpg

Yall cant tell me her face doesnt look detachable. Underdeveloped looking ass broad
full

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
- the biracial daughter threw me off, not sure why, it wasn’t like it was poor acting or anything….but they gotta chill with forcing that shyt. And it seems likes it’s always a biracial black/white girl.

It threw you off? Why is that? :mjpls:

And what's being forced? :mjpls:

Black people shouldn't get as many acting roles as possible in Hollywood? :mjpls:

And she was definitely one of the best actors on the show. Thandiwe's genes served her well.

That little Sarah girl was the best actress/actor on the damn show last night and nikkas asking why was she there :mjlol:

Wish she would’ve been the main little girl to get all the gamer bros and militants upset

her performance was fire

This.

Thandiwe's daughter crushed her performance.

And the criticism is odd. Because they'd rather the role be played by a cacette instead? :mjpls:

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
:skip: You think the casting call description just included everybody huh? No specificities. Nothing intentional.

A younger Marsai Martin could’ve gotten it, if she just acted better huh

I have no idea, but I don't see why not. Obviously they wanted a young looking woman, who could pass for the daughter of a mid-30ish white/latino(?) man. **edit** Also, they probably wanted someone who looked and seemed very delicate and sweet to contrast Ellie's brassy and vulgar personality.

Let's be reality, there's no objectively good reason why Joel's daughter has to look identical to the video game version of her. They never go into much detail about their relationship -- for all we know she could be his adopted daughter or a step daughter. The only reason why one might not want to make her brown skinned is to appease :mjpls: types and gamer gaters.

Neither of us were involved with casting, so neither of us can know for sure.

Last edited:

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
It threw you off? Why is that? :mjpls:

And what's being forced? :mjpls:

Black people shouldn't get as many acting roles as possible in Hollywood? :mjpls:

And she was definitely one of the best actors on the show. Thandiwe's genes served her well.
Agree that in this particular episode, she was one of the best actors.

However, I can’t help but notice the intentionality of always skewing towards the Zendaya, Zazie Beats type of biracial people in regards to black actresses.

Not saying they don’t deserve their roles and shyt. But there seems to be an obvious push for them.

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
I have no idea, but I don't see why not. Obviously they wanted a young looking woman, who could pass for the daughter of a mid-30ish white/latino(?) man. **edit** Also, they probably wanted someone who looked and seemed very delicate and sweet to contrast Ellie's brassy and vulgar personality.

Let's be reality, there's no objectively good reason why Joel's daughter has to look identical to the video game version of her. They never go into much detail about their relationship -- for all we know she could be his adopted daughter or a step daughter. The only reason why one might not want to make her brown skinned is to appease :mjpls: types and gamer gaters.

Neither of us were involved with casting, so neither of us can know for sure.
To your point about the adoptive possibility….a darker skinned young actress with tighter curls…..(not the super bouncy shyt they always do with the Zendaya’s) could’ve looked very sweet and delicate to contrast Ellie.

:yeshrug:

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
Agree that in this particular episode, she was one of the best actors.

However, I can’t help but notice the intentionality of always skewing towards the Zendaya, Zazie Beats type of biracial people in regards to black actresses.

Not saying they don’t deserve their roles and shyt. But there seems to be an obvious push for them.
To your point about the adoptive possibility….a darker skinned young actress with tighter curls…..(not the super bouncy shyt they always do with the Zendaya’s) could’ve looked very sweet and delicate to contrast Ellie.

:yeshrug:

:patrice: Hmm... you're not wrong. :lupe:

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah she's the biggest problem w the show imo.
I’m kinda used to it now, it’s not that big of a deal. It’s going to be a problem if they do part 2 though…

Visually she can’t do adult Ellie. She will look exactly the same as she does now. It will be somewhat jarring.

any lesbian shyt they do with her will look real :sitdown: , they might have to scrap the whole Dina thing. It will be awkward as fukk since she’s an adult that looks 12.

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Really curious to see how they fit the entire game and dlc in 9 episodes. Some stuff probably gotta get cut
Especially since Bill and the DLC seem to be getting stand alone episodes. So 6 episodes left to tell the whole story does seem short.